Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Agreed. We would like them to look at it again.
    Companies pivot and change all the time.
    Maybe it is time for a vanilla experience?
    I hope so.

I can only voice my opinion.
    Even if they looked at it again, I doubt that would satisfy you unless you get what you want. If Blizzard think this would be a negative decision and people like you are hell bent on the idea... then all you care about are yourselves.

Agreed. We would like them to look at it again.
    Companies pivot and change all the time.
    Maybe it is time for a vanilla experience?
    I hope so.

I can only voice my opinion
    BlizzCon 2015. Vanilla servers?

NO.

They did look at it.

They said no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    And I ask again.

WHO PAYS?
    This has been discussed earlier in detail I believe. It would be paid the same way retail is paid - a subscription. You have people in this thread (both who played on private and those who play on retail) state specifically that they would be willing to pay to play on a legacy server. Personally, I would pay a before and during. If they required a pre-purchase, much like they do for an upcoming expansion, myself and others (as has been indicated in the past 400+ pages of this thread) said we would be willing to pay that on top of a subscription fee. If that subscription fee was part of our regular subscription or if it was separate, we would be willing to pay it.

How do tokens work?
    Someone pays $20.00 for the token. Or had you forgotten?

There are others ways to fund projects than a direct sub fee.
    Name them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    We already paid for Diablo 3, Heros of the storm, Starcraft 2 and Hearthstone. Then they made huge returns. One more game wont make much of a difference. They are still pulling a profit with WoW while providing less and with half the player base. If the current game wasn't such garbage this whole NoS mess most likely wouldn't have even happened. Hell i didn't hear about NoS till two weeks ago im sure millions didn't know about it till this week.
    This is childish, magical thinking. "Just because I want it, it will be easy!"

The reasons why making vanilla realms by Blizzard would be too expensive has been gone over at length many, many times, in this thread, and many others, it serves no purpose to repeat it all again.

Blaming WOD on this is also childish. Illegal servers have been around as long as the game itself, even during the times of it's peak popularity, during TBC/Wrath.

I'll leave this here. No doubt the new wave of ignorant kiddies throwing a tantrum overnight will blow this thread well past 500 pages, and everyone can repeat the same tired arguments, twisted logic, and demands tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    If they required a pre-purchase, much like they do for an upcoming expansion, myself and others (as has been indicated in the past 400+ pages of this thread) said we would be willing to pay that on top of a subscription fee. If that subscription fee was part of our regular subscription or if it was separate, we would be willing to pay it.
    Saying you'll do something and actually doing it is very very different though.

It would be paid the same way retail is paid - a subscription. You have people in this thread (both who played on private and those who play on retail) state specifically that they would be willing to pay to play on a legacy server. Personally, I would pay a before and during. If they required a pre-purchase, much like they do for an upcoming expansion, myself and others (as has been indicated in the past 400+ pages of this thread) said we would be willing to pay that on top of a subscription fee. If that subscription fee was part of our regular subscription or if it was separate, we would be willing to pay it.
    Now show me that you have the numbers to maintain a sustainable customer base that will continue to pay over the long term.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    But they didn't. They took what someone else built (The MANGoS team I believe & Blizzard themselves) and scripted from that. Nothing was built from scratch by the Nost team.
    That's generally how private servers work, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Saying you'll do something and actually doing it is very very different though.
    I wouldn't spend my time advocating this if I wasn't serious about it. How do you think Blizzard would react if their pre-purchase orders were not sufficient enough to cover the cost of development?

I am sitting here wondering how anyone could be deluded into thinking that a project of this kind will just materialise out of thin air

Nothing is for free.

NOTHING

10+ Year Old Account
    Now show me that you have the numbers to maintain a sustainable customer base that will continue to pay over the long term.
    You know you are asking for something that is impossible at this time. Should I find myself holding millions of dollars of pre-purchase order money, I will be sure to pass along the information to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone pays $20.00 for the token. Or had you forgotten?

Name them.
    Vanilla tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Apparently you get to be a multi-billion dollar company by destroying the lives of gamers by charging them for expansions and mounts and pets and funny helmets and not holding BlizzCon somewhere that everyone can go for free.
    If you don't have money to pay for that shit you should probably prioritize putting food on your table. Not Blizz's fault you can't manage your life.

That was a good laugh though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sitting here wondering how anyone could be deluded into thinking that a project of this kind will just materialise out of thin air

Nothing is for free.

NOTHING
    Did you forget that Nost existed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    This has been discussed earlier in detail I believe. It would be paid the same way retail is paid - a subscription. You have people in this thread (both who played on private and those who play on retail) state specifically that they would be willing to pay to play on a legacy server. Personally, I would pay a before and during. If they required a pre-purchase, much like they do for an upcoming expansion, myself and others (as has been indicated in the past 400+ pages of this thread) said we would be willing to pay that on top of a subscription fee. If that subscription fee was part of our regular subscription or if it was separate, we would be willing to pay it.
    I dunno, its obviously more complicated than "Um, a few people on MMO-C and Reddit would pay!" Blizzard would need more servers, GM's, coders, etc etc...

How many people actually PAID to play there?

Virtually no one. So tell me: with that little example in mind: where do you get the idea that a subscription based vanilla server will be sustainable?

Who will pay for it all?

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Blizzard won't do it for free. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I think the bigger picture is how a free server with dated content managed to launch a server that has a far better community and more playability than the current version of wow.

maybe if blizzard supported the game people would not flock to private servers.

maybe if blizzard released some content people would go back to playing on live

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I think the bigger picture is how a free server with dated content managed to launch a server that has a far better community and more playability than the current version of wow.

maybe is blizzard supported the game people would not flock to private servers.

Source on having a better community?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

maybe if blizzard supported the game people would not flock to private servers.

Don't know about that "community" part, many seem pretty toxic to me. Look at this forum for clues.