10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What did they develop? They took someone elses work and put it back together with whatever hackjob they could manage.
    They've stated they have worked on other projects in the past, both separate and as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The Nost guys posted the numbers themselves. You have nothing. You lost this. You can't prove your numbers but I can. You post bullshit and lies. I guess I shouldn't expect anything more from a dishonest thief like you.
    The claim was "1 million accounts x 12 months (or how long Nostalrius existed) x 13 € sub price.". With only 150000 active accounts that figure is wrong.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The math doesn't make any sense BECAUSE YOU FUCKING MADE UP THE ONE MILLION FIGURE!

They've admitted to having only 150,000 active. That's not even close to a million.
    K so change the 1 million to 150k. Still a fuckton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Blizzard would go bankrupt if WoW:Vanilla became freeware?
    If they don't protect their trademarks, yeah that might very well happen.

They could of coures give it away for free themselves but why would they? They risk losing sales on their new expantions.

And anyone saying that they were doing something that didn't exist...

World of Warcraft still exists. The world of Azeroth still exists. All of the classes still exist.

Just because it's evolved doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

World of Warcraft is still World of Warcraft, no matter the expansion level.

Don't like it, don't play it, but don't get your panties in a bunch when Blizzard protects its interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You can play retail for free? You know just have to invest a lot of time into the game to start generating gold to buy tokens that someone else paid for. Totally Free! *eyeroll*

Love how you spout ignorance and ignore my point that some people are playing PS because they are free. Not for the love of Vanilla or whatever BS.
    It takes a few hours per week to be able to afford a token.....SMH. 3 hours per week is not a lot of time.....

Is this THE THING on MMO-C ? I mean you take a pretty much simple discussion with those In favor and those who are not and Just HOW ON EARTH do you make such a simple thing a bloody 500 Page thread with over 10,000 comments Is BEYOND ME, what Is THE POINT of this discussion now anyway?????

GOD i had to get this out of my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    Say there is a group of kids. One kid has a bunch of candy he made, the rest have none. Candy kid refuses to share or sell any of his candy. One of the kids without realizes people want candy, and decides to take the base ingredients of Candy Kids candy and made his own to give to everyone else, and he does so.

Candy kid then goes running to the adult saying "only I am allowed to have candy." So the adult takes away everyone else's candy.

That's the "immorality" of it.
    Nice story but you kind of missed the point about "Candy Kid" creating the candy himself and keeping it to himself because HE MADE IT with his own time/money/materials. And the other funny part is the person using "base ingredients" lol no. He's using the whole damn thing. Nothing original is coming from the thief in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Anyone dealing in absolutes is to be disregarded. The fact that you claim 100% on morality is edifying on your ability to grasp such notions.
    Anyone trying to defend what the Nost team and its players did is to be disregarded, they obviously have no moral compass and can't understand that even at the most basic level what they were doing was wrong.

K so change the 1 million to 150k. Still a fuckton of money.
    A lot considering none of those players would ever pay for retail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    And anyone saying that they were doing something that didn't exist...

World of Warcraft still exists. The world of Azeroth still exists. All of the classes still exist.

Just because it's evolved doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

World of Warcraft is still World of Warcraft, no matter the expansion level.

Don't like it, don't play it, but don't get your panties in a bunch when Blizzard protects its interests.
    And im still waiting to know how much content you do with your friends and guilds in wow queuecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    They've stated they have worked on other projects in the past, both separate and as a team.
    And I'm supposed to believe people who participated in an illegal activity because of... why? Not saying it can't be true but the credibility isn't exactly high with these guys. So why should a multi-billion dollar company work with them?

Oh and let's not forget how they've boasted they're going to release their theft to others so the work can continue. This after receiving a legal warning.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-10 at 04:49 PM.

Anyone dealing in absolutes is to be disregarded. The fact that you claim 100% on morality is edifying on your ability to grasp such notions.
    I like that you can't refute it, so you insult the person posting it. Not surprising to see fallacies and dishonesty from people who steal... Just sad really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is all well and good but the bottom line to me is there is no guarantee that the Nost people were on the level. I've heard Nost people in this thread say that gold selling was a thing that happened on the PS. So what if that gold was coming from the Nost people to earn some money on the side. Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't. But people already willing to host an illegal server are not sterling members of the community that I'd want to take their word on it. Even so it does not really matter. They took donations to pay for server hosting so someone was making money off of it. All the more reason for Blizz to defend their IP.
    You're throwing conspiracies around. The staff were very professional, both on their forums and in-game. Support was offered 24/7. Does that mean they didn't sell gold? No, but to me I find it highly unlikely. Over my time there, I've developed some genuine rapport for their staff members. Sure not all are peachy, but the ones who were responsible for keeping the community updated on news and events, and the ones who took the time to answer your questions and concerns are the ones who I feel aren't given the respect as a human being as they should be.

Of all the posters in the thread, he is most of all just here to go "nyer nyer nyer nyer" so I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to him

He almost got a little reasonable about 80 pages or so back; but it clearly wasn't for him
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Nostalrius was virtually bugless, with some exceptions. The code along with an encrypted database of the characters have been public. You will be able to continue from where you left once someone gets it going. So, let me reiterate: they have only caused grief and frustration. Which will be returned tenfold. Blizzard will never reach Comcast levels of animosity, but it's sure as hell trying to. And they don't have any sort of monopoly to prop them up.
    Yeah we'll see how that works out for them, wait til they all flock somewhere and get shut down again. Or new people get ahold of the code and 'change' things because of whatever reason. I don't have to worry about my characters randomly getting changed, disappearing or whatever the hell.

Don't have a monopoly to prop them up? Nah they don't need one when they have Hearthstone/Overwatch/WoW/D3/Sc2/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yeah, I took the number from there as well, except you can't read rofl.
    I can't read? Post what you saw so everyone here can laugh at your inability to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    And im still waiting to know how much content you do with your friends and guilds in wow queuecraft
    Raids, dungeons, world bosses, free for all PvP events at places like Nagrand Arena, Darkmoon Faire, Help lowbies with questing... I could go on and on. I still do everything I did in Classic-MoP in WoD.

Just because you sit in your garrison with your thumb stuck up your arse, doesn't mean everyone else does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And I'm supposed to believe people who participated in an illegal activity because of... why? Not saying it can't be true but the credibility isn't exactly high with these guys. So why should a multi-billion dollar company work with them?
    Believe it if you want. I'm not here to change your mind on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Of all the posters in the thread, he is most of all just here to go "nyer nyer nyer nyer" so I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to him

He almost got a little reasonable about 80 pages or so back; but it clearly wasn't for him
    I post replies in exactly the same way your side does. So, nobody in this debate (especially from the side of the Nosdrones) is reasonable.