Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I dunno I was totally down with the alternate universe because we were gonna get to see more of Ner'zhu_ nope.
    Yep and they killed the most interesting Warlord [aside from Blackhand] in a dungeon. First Warlord killed off too. WoD's lore was pathetic and Legion looks like it won't be much cheaper.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    NO

THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

People play vanilla cause they love vanilla.

If they wanted to they could play wod for free but wod is shit.

Get it through your thick ignorant skulls.[/b]
    do you know how childish you look like when you write everything in bold and caps?
    like a 3 year old shouting.

people play vanilla because of their nostalgia.
    its free and they can shake their nostalgia feeling off.
    that's why people play on these servers.

Formerly known as Arafal

We will never be slaves!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Keep making statements you can't possibly prove. It will carry this discussion far.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you mean to caps and bold the entire thing. I see a hanging /b tag.

I would have understood it more if it was all screaming.
    They need to tag in the next Nos-supporter to come into this thread for his shift. I think we have broken a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    NO

THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

People play vanilla cause they love vanilla.

If they wanted to they could play wod for free but wod is shit.

Get it through your thick ignorant skulls.[/b]
    Being rude and typing in caps doesn't make what you say any more true.

It costs money or time to play live WoW. The fact that it's easy to get gold doesn't change the fact that you have to get gold, and that gold has a real world value as a result of it being able to be exchanged for game time that costs money.

I agree that almost nobody plays vanilla wow just because it's free, but WoD isn't free for anyone, including those who pay with gold. Gold has monetary and time value.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It would be a choice as to whether or not they wish to play vanilla or not. No one would be forcing them to play it. After all, they can still play the newest incarnation of WoW.

Those you want to play vanilla would stay. It's not as if Live will suddenly die or be replaced. You might be concerned that legacy servers would divert resources away from Live. But in reality, the more subs the game has, the more Blizzard will invest in it.
    Which is just speculation. I imagine Blizzard has done a breakdown of what it would cost and the potential issues and have MULTIPLE times decided it is not the right move. I'd be pissed off if blizz wasted resources trying to do it and it failed hardcore.

Keep making statements you can't possibly prove. It will carry this discussion far.
    Ditto?

The difference is that despite the lack of proof, we are right and you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    They need to tag in the next Nos-supporter to come into this thread for his shift. I think we have broken a few of these.
    I've never played on nos, and the vanilla server I played on I hated; vanilla WoW sucks balls.

However, he and you are making blatantly irrational posts supported by neither data nor anecdotal evidence. Atleast nostalrius has one of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    We will never be slaves!
    Your sig though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Ditto?

Hahahaha.

Hahahahahahahaha

hahah
    ha

Where is your official vanilla server.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We can agree on something. The only good things that came out of WoD were the raids, dungeons, some class fantasies, new models and MOST of Ashran. The only good written character of this expansion was Khadgar and Maraad until he fuckin' died for no goddamn reason except plot device for mary sue Yrel.
    for me, the only good that came out of that shithole of an expac was the questing experience and hfc.
    agree with the bolded part.

Formerly known as Arafal

Am I in the twilight zone?

Deleted
    Which is just speculation. I imagine Blizzard has done a breakdown of what it would cost and the potential issues and have MULTIPLE times decided it is not the right move. I'd be pissed off if blizz wasted resources trying to do it and it failed hardcore.
    That's a legitimate concern. But you do want more investment in WoW, do you not?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, aside from violating the law. But hey, laws are to be ignored when they get in the way of what we personally want, right?
    I take it you follow the rule of law as it is written? Never jaywalked or broke the speeding limit? 95% of the people would be criminals, employing that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If the game drops below a certain number they are certainly not going to make Vanilla servers.
    And when did they say that about Pandaren?
    They will use any tactic that would bring new life into the game. They will resort to anything, no matter how controversial. THEY ARE OFFERING LEVELED AND GEARED UP CHARACTERS FOR MONEY!!!!! The old team would have never done something as disgusting as this.

You use arcade player like its a racial slur. Keep at it homeboy.
    You are misconstruing it as such, probably out of some inferiority complex. It is by no means meant as an insult. No more than moba player, or fps player. It's meant to reflect the reality of the game. Your reality.

You are a wrath baby. Well as someone that PLAYED in Vanilla when it was current it isn't as super amazing as you think it is. At least not anymore, for its time it was great, but way too much information out now and going back and doing it again would be boring as hell. And I'm not talking about your experiences on some shit Private Server. If Blizz put out vanilla servers the content would piss people off for being boring as hell.

And sorry I don't really care that people can buy shit geared level 90 or 100 characters. Does not impact me.
    So you're literally telling me what I'm thinking, as in I'm mistaken about my own feelings. Thanks, Gandalf. I guess.
    And of course it doesn't bother you that people are buying leveled up characters. You're an arcade player. You don't care that there are people that can't tell their left hand from their right in a dungeon or LFR. You'll just leave and join a different group automatically. If not even that can make you see what's wrong with this game, then there's no point in taking this further.
    Last edited by Legion; 2016-04-10 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    That's a legitimate concern. But you do want more investment in WoW, do you not?
    I want investment in the progression of the game. NEW content. I don't want them wasting time bringing back Vanilla when they could be building something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I take it you follow the rule of law as it is written? Never jaywalked or broke the speeding limit?
    Atleast I haven't said I am right in breaking them. Unlike you guys.

But others dun it too is not a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Ditto?

I've never played on nos, and the vanilla server I played on I hated; vanilla WoW sucks balls.

However, he and you are making blatantly irrational posts supported by neither data nor anecdotal evidence. Atleast nostalrius has one of the two.
    You mean like repeating over and over again the costs associated with making official legacy servers, the fact that it will segment a user base, the fact that blizzard will then have to submit to tbc, wotlk, etc servers of different patches?

Yah, I've provided nothing except feelins.

Fucking get real dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

I take it you follow the rule of law as it is written? Never jaywalked or broke the speeding limit?
    Amazingly, whether I've led a spotless life or not doesn't affect whether someone else should obey the law.

But thanks for resorting to one of the rationalizations used by criminals. I'm you can come up with some of the other old chestnuts if you keep working at it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I want investment in the progression of the game. NEW content. I don't want them wasting time bringing back Vanilla when they could be building something else.
    There's a way we can both win. But I understand how you feel.

Deleted
    WoD is not free to play. PERIOD. SOMEONE is paying for those tokens. People that buy those tokens have to still go and earn the gold. Not everyone can earn the gold needed to do so. You can't log on the game if you haven't played in 6 months and have no gold, because WoD is NOT FREE.

People play Vanilla because on PS it was FREE. SOME people went there because of that reason ONLY. Not everyone that went to a PS only went there because they drank the magic Kool-Aid that makes everyone the same and have the same feels. Jesus Fuck.
    I never said WoD is free 2 play. I said you can play it for free. And you can. WoW token. Jesus Christ how can people be so ignorant.

THEY ARE OFFERING LEVELED AND GEARED UP CHARACTERS FOR MONEY!!!!!
    Who does? What the hell?

You're also talking about bringing that model to sit next to a live version of the game.
    Yeah, again, I'm happy to let my ignorance show, but how big was the team making WoW back in Vanilla compared to other expansions? I know, obviously, its another reason peope don't want legitimate legacy servers is it would take dev strength away from live; but I am curious how expensive it would be to have a small team churning out content updates to a legacy server, even if they are released as PtP DLCs...

Even if the updates are simple reworks of boss mechanics or "mythic mode" style (i.e. not having to produce new assets or zones). Note: I'm not saying they should do this, but as a counter to the "doing the same stuff over and over" it made me wonder. I mean, they have a team updating Diablo3 so often and drastically that for a one off pay-to-play game I'm curious how that pays for itself, or whether the Diablo team has so much dollar banked from it's original success and the RMAH that its budget is insane and it's still working through that "petty cash"

Also regarding "They'd hve to do TBC Wrath etc." that's kinda a slippery slope, but even if that were true, where would the intrinsic harm be? (Assuming the Vanilla one has already happened). So we have a generation of WoW 12 years in the past aging at the same rate it did previously, as long as it isn't taking players who would prefer to play "live version" away from "live version" then it isn't sincerely fragmenting the playerbase. And even if it were, they are still playing/paying for a BLizzard game so...
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-04-10 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.