Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

You are misconstruing it as such, probably out of some inferiority complex.
    Can't type one sentence without a slight. No one takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Deleted
    snip
    Yeah, you have to be pyingpyong. Logic has no effect on you. It must be a beautiful life.

THEY ARE OFFERING LEVELED AND GEARED UP CHARACTERS FOR MONEY!!!!!
    You just lost the argument for good.

So you're literally telling me what I'm thinking, as in I'm mistaken about my own feelings. Thanks, Gandalf. I guess.
    And of course it doesn't bother you that people are buying leveled up characters. You're an arcade player. You don't care that people that can't tell their left hand from their right in a dungeon or LFR don't know shit about their class or the world. You'll just leave and join a different group automatically. If not even that can make you see what's wrong with this game, then there's no point in taking this further.
    Unlike you I played this game in vanilla. I did all the content I wanted to do and was happy to move on. All of the grouping/raiding content is far more difficult now than it was in MC/TBC. The game has evolved. If we were to go back and play the same content again it would be far easier. Not as rewarding and less fun. You think clueless players didn't exist in Vanilla/TBC? I still remember laughing my ass off in Black Morass in TBC when a warlock was wielding a fucking agility weapon and had no idea that it wasn't a spellcaster weapon. There were plenty of shit players in Vanilla that got punted from raids for being garbage. Though it was harder to spot them because raids were just a 40 man clusterfuck. So fun.

I don't have a problem with people experiencing content in LFR. More power to them if they get to enjoy the lore/story. In Vanilla many people would not have that chance and if you tried to pull that stuff now it would just cause people to stop playing, thus hurting the game.

You are trying to speak for Vanilla without ever being in vanilla when it was current. Nost isn't the same, look at that class breakdown, it is fucking funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    There's a way we can both win. But I understand how you feel.
    See the goal for me isn't for us to both win. The goal for me is not have wasted time on legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You are trying to speak for Vanilla without ever being in vanilla when it was current. Nost isn't the same, look at that class breakdown, it is fucking funny.
    Weren't 50% of players rogues or hunters in Vanilla? :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Amazingly, whether I've led a spotless life or not doesn't affect whether someone else should obey the law.

But thanks for resorting to one of the rationalizations used by criminals. I'm you can come up with some of the other old chestnuts if you keep working at it.
    If you've so much as done it once, than your argument is invalid. We are both criminals. You have no moral highground here. There are laws that impact those that break differently. Otherwise we'd all be guillotined for stupid minor offenses. Get real. Understand where I'm pointing and don't use straw men.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    I never said WoD is free 2 play. I said you can play it for free. And you can. WoW token. Jesus Christ how can people be so ignorant.
    Guess what. That is not free. A person coming back to the game or new to the game cannot play for free. They'd have to start grinding out gold until they can do the garrison chain or run cata raids with alts and so on. If EVERYONE could play for free with a wow token....well there wouldn't be any wow tokens left or they would cost hundreds of thousands of gold. Sorry the player base can not all be playing on wow tokens. Stop being ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Who does? What the hell?
    I think he's implying that the character boost is pay to win....
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Who does? What the hell?
    Not sure what his arguments are because as ppl have pointed out he's a bit bonkers; but you could certainly argue that you could take a pot of cash, buy some tokens, sell some tokens buy heroic/mythic gear from BMAH, have a fully lvld and geared toon from paying money.

I don't know if that was his argument because, well.... yeah.

Or can you not access a lvl 100 toon boost until Legion is nearer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Weren't 50% of players rogues or hunters in Vanilla? :^)
    *shakes a fist* No all of the gear was just designed for hunters! Any weapon was for them.

If you've so much as done it once, than your argument is invalid. We are both criminals. You have no moral highground here. There are laws that impact those that break differently. Otherwise we'd all be guillotined for stupid minor offenses. Get real. Understand where I'm pointing and don't use straw men.
    So you finally admit that your arguments are invalid. Phew, only took 500 pages.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Not sure what his arguments are because as ppl have pointed out he's a bit bonkers; but you could certainly argue that you could take a pot of cash, buy some tokens, sell some tokens buy heroic/mythic gear from BMAH, have a fully lvld and geared toon from paying money.

I don't know if that was his argument because, well.... yeah.
    Yeah I mean it is pretty murky but it is one sided. A person dropping real cash into the game for tokens to sell because they need gold does not mean the reverse is true. I can't sell my gold for real money because I'd get my ass banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    Rolling on the floor and laughing your ass off and then calling me delusional over a legitimate concern is not the way to conduct yourself professionally or following forum etiquette. I look at it as a group of highly skilled engineers and developers, whom over the past year, have learned a lot about the different roles their skills can play both via communication with the consumer and with each other on a project.
    So, the nost was paid or expecting so.... ride along on your white horse...ride along......
    And dabling with a server you call skilled? come again when its a network of servers....
    PS: if you dont like me laughing about the stuff you write dont be so hilarious!

Yeah, again, I'm happy to let my ignorance show, but how big was the team making WoW back in Vanilla compared to other expansions? I know, obviously, its another reason peope don't want legitimate legacy servers is it would take dev strength away from live; but I am curious how expensive it would be to have a small team churning out content updates to a legacy server, even if they are released as PtP DLCs...

Even if the updates are simple reworks of boss mechanics or "mythic mode" style (i.e. not having to produce new assets or zones). Note: I'm not saying they should do this, but as a counter to the "doing the same stuff over and over" it made me wonder. I mean, they have a team updating Diablo3 so often and drastically that for a one off pay-to-play game I'm curious how that pays for itself, or whether the Diablo team has so much dollar banked from it's original success and the RMAH that its budget is insane and it's still working through that "petty cash"

Also regarding "They'd hve to do TBC Wrath etc." that's kinda a slippery slope, but even if that were true, where would the intrinsic harm be? (Assuming the Vanilla one has already happened). So we have a generation of WoW 12 years in the past aging at the same rate it did previously, as long as it isn't taking players who would prefer to play "live version" away from "live version" then it isn't sincerely fragmenting the playerbase. And even if it were, they are still playing/paying for a BLizzard game so...
    I'll give credence to your diablo 3 argument. I imagine it has more to do with balance changes being significantly less time consuming than rebuilding a game.

As for your other argument. None of us have the numbers on how much it would cost to recreate and maintain several legacy servers. But there has to be some cost. If they do it you can't just rely on current live players splitting off into their respective servers. You have to bring in more players.

Again, we dont know what the number of players is that would make it worthwhile

I imagine Blizzard has a better idea than we do. Hence. We dont have legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I think he's implying that the character boost is pay to win....
    I played Archage. I'll take that P2W.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Blizzard would go bankrupt if WoW:Vanilla became freeware?
    Blizzard would go bankrupt if WoW:Vanilla became never freeware?

God damn it someone read a fucking book, that isn't a straw man.

Just because you say straw man 150x doesnt make your argument valid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    See the goal for me isn't for us to both win. The goal for me is not have wasted time on legacy servers.
    Again, I understand. You will get what you want.

The rest of us will have to go to great lengths to convince Blizzard that vanilla WoW shouldn't fade into the background never to be seen again in a meaningful way. So while we may not see eye to eye, we have a legitimate argument.

I already know I am not going to convince you, but one day, maybe one day, you will understand how we feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    "Your honor, have you ever broken the law?" I assume yes, I rest case"

Judge blinks at you in total shock and amazement. Slowly it dawns on him and he nods his head and understands, that was the dumbest thing he has ever heard! Enthusiastically he slams the gavel down with a guilty verdict, in fact adding time for wasting his and making everyone in the court room dumber.
    Damn I was hoping for a crazy Judge to have an epiphany and realize that he has broken a law too and just let me go! Stupid real world not letting me get away with crimes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    They've stated they have worked on other projects in the past, both separate and as a team.
    I have built spaceships in the past. That doesnt mean its true. Plus when they developed stuff in the PAST ​what has this todo with nost?