Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Again, I understand. You will get what you want.

The rest of us will have to go to great lengths to convince Blizzard that vanilla WoW shouldn't fade into the background never to be seen again in a meaningful way. So while we may not see eye to eye, we have a legitimate argument.

I already know I am not going to convince you, but one day, maybe one day, you will understand how we feel.
    See the thing is I get it. I know WHY you guys want a vanilla server. But saying shit like "convince Blizzard that vanilla WoW shouldn't fade into the background never to be seen again" just makes you guys look fucking nutters. Blizz has said no multiple times. Maybe one day they change their minds, maybe they never do. I don't think Blizzard cares what you or I think on the matter either. I hope Blizz never does it but that is just my take on it. However, just because Blizzard said no does not mean it is okay to just run off to Private Servers and stick it to Blizzard because they didn't give you what you wanted.

Again, I understand. You will get what you want.

The rest of us will have to go to great lengths to convince Blizzard that vanilla WoW shouldn't fade into the background never to be seen again in a meaningful way. So while we may not see eye to eye, we have a legitimate argument.

I already know I am not going to convince you, but one day, maybe one day, you will understand how we feel.
    And then we will probably play another game because the evil company doesn't deserve our golden fingers on their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I'll give credence to your diablo 3 argument. I imagine it has more to do with balance changes being significantly less time consuming than rebuilding a game.
    They do sooo much more than just balance changes though, new zones new monsters, new gear sets... lots of new art assets, new game concepts... like seriously, if you abandoned D3 at any point go check it out again its immense.

Again, though, d3 also probably made a massive pile of money when it was released and in its first few years so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    They do sooo much more than just balance changes though, new zones new monsters, new gear sets... lots of new art assets, new game concepts... like seriously, if you abandoned D3 at any point go check it out again its immense.
    I play it, the art department definitely is working overtime. You're right on that. Definitely a good argument, my only answer is maybe it was baked into the original business plan of the game. Some products even take losses to bring in customers to other products.
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2016-04-10 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah I've enjoyed each season they've put out, I don't play it for too long when the season comes out but each time enough changes to be fresh.

Deleted
    Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. Marilyn Monroe

There you should go Blizz

New idea:

Go make a LAN Vanilla server with blackjack and hookers for you and your guild. Anyone know a good realtor for a 40 bedroom place?

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    New idea:

Go make a LAN Vanilla server with blackjack and hookers for you and your guild. Anyone know a good realtor for a 40 bedroom place?
    AirBnB is probably a better option for a periodic venture.

Okay so obviously we can all agree that updating an ARPG is a different kettle of fish to updating an MMO. But can we at least also agree that it isn't impossible for Blizzard to spend dev money and time on a project that isn't earning what its maximum profit anymore...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Okay so obviously we can all agree that updating an ARPG is a different kettle of fish to updating an MMO. But can we at least also agree that it isn't impossible for Blizzard to spend dev money and time on a project that isn't earning what its maximum profit anymore...
    I don't think it is maximum profit they are held back on though. I'm thinking they are legitimately worried about taking a loss beyond the short run burst of excitement.

Like I said, no numbers. It is just the only way i can reason it. I really dont buy that they are too proud to do this.

Wow 500 pages? Impressive.

@Asmongoldy : You are RIGHT and WRONG, people on N played because a lot of reason, and on top of that i can figure 1) Vanilla Feels and 2) WOD sucks/meh/boring/not interestin for them but you cant say that WOD sucks because it is WOD.

I was playing on N because on WOD i have done pretty ALL, only 2 char left to level from 80 to 100 for Legion, and since i wasnt really happy to waste my tokens for Garrison-Dance with ALT i decide to play on N for a huge boost of feels.

That argument "they play on Nost BECAUSE FREE and DONT WANNA PAY" is pretty dumb because if they wanted to play WOW FREE they could have go on private server WOD (there are 3 pretty good) there is no reason to play on Vanilla beside nostalgia/feels that isnt = i dont wanna pay! because there is nothing like N from Blizzard.

Im quite sure that Blizzard CAN give a shot and TRY to give us Vanilla server
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-04-10 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    See the thing is I get it. I know WHY you guys want a vanilla server. But saying shit like "convince Blizzard that vanilla WoW shouldn't fade into the background never to be seen again" just makes you guys look fucking nutters. Blizz has said no multiple times. Maybe one day they change their minds, maybe they never do. I don't think Blizzard cares what you or I think on the matter either. I hope Blizz never does it but that is just my take on it. However, just because Blizzard said no does not mean it is okay to just run off to Private Servers and stick it to Blizzard because they didn't give you what you wanted.
    I agree that Blizzard should protect their IP. I actually recommend that people simply play something else.

Nevertheless, we have a legitimate argument. Whether Blizzard listen or not is up to them. I just remember a Blizzard who cared about all of us.

It's amazing how much an 11 year old MMO can mean so much to so many. Take you for example: you're going to an extreme to kill even the mere possibility of seeing an ancient game officially return, even though it makes many people happy.

That's very telling.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2016-04-10 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And sorry I don't really care that people can buy shit geared level 90 or 100 characters. Does not impact me.
    Quick clarification, it does impact you. Obviously players leaving impacts you (less players running content, less players farming mats, less players competing for treasure, etc.). Similarly, more bought characters does impact you (more players running content but no gear, more players farming mats, more players competing for treasure, etc). Normally the impact of new players would not be immediate since they have to level from 1 - 100 and basically get on your level with content and gear, however since anyone can now buy a ok geared level 100, that has an immediate impact on the max level player pool/content. So although 1 or two guys buying a character on a difference server may not have any impact (unless it is cross realms/same battlegroup, etc) the fact that everyone who pre-purchased or will buy legion increases the character pool and has a greater chance of impacting you. If you can, recall when people who prepurchased WoD near the end of MoP and there was a surge of LFR heroes, and we are basically in that stage now (except less players so less impact).
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Nevertheless, we have a legitimate argument. Whether Blizzard listens or not is up to them. I just remember a Blizzard who cared about all of us.
    They don't not care about you. They are likely trying to bring you in with changes to their live product. I imagine that was one of the intentions with WoD, they just failed really miserably spreading a product too thin between a good leveling experience and farmville esque garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I don't think it is maximum profit they are held back on though. I'm thinking they are legitimately worried about taking a loss beyond the short run burst of excitement.

Like I said, no numbers. It is just the only way i can reason it. I really dont buy that they are too proud to do this.
    No I think the fragmenting playerbase and "good sense" (I wouldn't call it pride) that it would cause this is definately part of the reason. I'm happy to accept that BLizzardhas the data and doesn't think it makes sense at the moment. I also think it is inevitable they will at some point, open legitimate legacy servers, even if its years and years from now, because the to lines on the graph will switch over (people who want legacy > people still playing live)

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    "Your honor, have you ever broken the law?" I assume yes, I rest case"

Judge blinks at you in total shock and amazement. Slowly it dawns on him and he nods his head and understands, that was the dumbest thing he has ever heard! Enthusiastically he slams the gavel down with a guilty verdict, in fact adding time for wasting his and making everyone in the court room dumber.
    I...I don't even know how to reply to that? Was that suppose to silence and shame me? Was I supposed to be stumped? Unable to continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    So you finally admit that your arguments are invalid. Phew, only took 500 pages.
    You're trying to somehow claim a win by implying that I said something I never did? So, let me reiterate: if one of you has so much as broken a law ever, be it jaywalking or throwing cigarette butts on the ground (well, you get the gist), then you have no argument in terms of MORALITY. Neither do those you represent, as they also lose credibility by associating with criminals.

Deleted
    I wonder something...
    We pretty much all bought original WoW. Now we are paying for subscription and what is subscription for? I thought it was for the service, support, servers, maintenance and for future development, but since original WoW doesn't need any of that because everything can be provided by volunteers, then what the hell? Service isn't even provided Blizzard, so I don't get it how can they block original WoW from anyone at all? It's over 10 years old game and something with such huge influence on our culture shouldn't be property of company that doesn't want to give it to the people. WoW should be claimed by the people. It's not stealing if we bought the game once and no further cost is needed to keep it going because it's all paid by volunteers. Can you imagine Chess being owned by corporation and then suddenly they wouldn't allow it to play it anymore because they created new game? This is ridiculous..

The private server was illegal -> illegal activity is a crime -> crime is wrong

This is really basic stuff, but it seems that people don't know that crime is bad

Nevertheless, we have a legitimate argument. Whether Blizzard listens or not is up to them. I just remember a Blizzard who cared about all of us.
    They do care about all of us. But all of us do not want the same things. They can't please everyone. That's completely unreasonable and naive to expect.

No I think the fragmenting playerbase and "good sense" (I wouldn't call it pride) that it would cause this is definately part of the reason. I'm happy to accept that BLizzardhas the data and doesn't think it makes sense at the moment. I also think it is inevitable they will at some point, open legitimate legacy servers, even if its years and years from now, because the to lines on the graph will switch over (people who want legacy > people still playing live)
    I agree with you on the timing. Other games have done it past their expiration date. I would even suggest that legion is a real last bastion of whether WoW can survive as a sustainable product in the current age of gamers.

(I hope it isn't. I am very excited for legion. I'm a big pvp'er and the changes look good.)
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2016-04-10 at 07:11 PM.