Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    With that argument they could counter sue for the amount of effort and time all the volunteers put into the private server.
    Holy shit that was dumb. I think I lost IQ points just by reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You're comparing what a "dead" game did out of desperation to the still market leader (despite its recent shortcomings)?

Call me when WoW is down to couple of hundred thousand subs, then we can have this conversation again.
    I was just explaining what the guy meant. Context.

Unrustleth thine jimmies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ALone the headline shows its a piece of crap
    "Blizzard Erases Gaming History By Axing a Fan-Made 'World of Warcraft' Server"
    #1 blizzard is crashing someone abusing their ip
    #2 the server was NOT fan made as it used blizzards software
    #3 Blizzard didnt axed the server but the pussy leadership decided to close it down.

#1 proves that every idiot can write an article and publish it on the internet
    #2 nice how the nost teamnow acts like they are the VICTIMS while they did the CRIME

Okay thats it, from today on I tell everyone I have email correspondence with that I built spaceships
    lead designer in his dreams maybe - he didnt design anything.....

fixed that paragraph.
    Everyone else except that live is evolving and so are MMOs....

ofc Blizzard did the smart thing and split the population by region - something nost didnt do and players compalined on the forum about.

made up....

At which point Morhaime will just laugh at him and point out that EQ is FREE to play.

Overall a biased piece of crap.
    Of course its subjective. It's one persons view on the situation. What did you expect when you read it? I gave a disclaimer, you dissection of it is your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    A wonderful report on Nostalrius with Leif Johson (not really sure what his significance is)
    He made one more article about WoW, he played in Risen (US alliance guild) in vanilla, they had world 1st Nefarian and World 2nd Kelthuzad (US 1st) kills (if my memory serves me well, them and Death and Taxes in US had "competition" back then) :P.

But yeh totally agree, there wont any game like WoW vanilla anymore, give us vanilla back! And yes you can have my stuff in this case since ill be starting from scratch!
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-04-10 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    With that argument they could counter sue for the amount of effort and time all the volunteers put into the private server. Not to mention there is no intellectual property if it doesn't currently exsist. If Blizzard had vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop server then it would be intellectual property. What they did was copyright infringement, not theft of intellectual property.
    Just like a burglar suing you for the time he spent robbing your home before he was caught, right?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Just like a burglar suing you for the time he spent robbing your home before he was caught, right?
    The sense of false entitlement is off the charts here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    He made one more article about WoW, he played in Risen (US alliance guild) in vanilla, they had world 1st Nefarian and World 2nd Kelthuzad (US 1st) kills (if my memory serves me well, them and Death and Taxes in US had "competition" back then) :P.

But yeh totally agree, there wont any game like WoW vanilla anymore, give us vanilla back! And yes you can have my stuff in this case since ill be starting from scratch!
    Ah, interesting to know. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    A wonderful report on Nostalrius with Leif Johson (not really sure what his significance is) and one of the developers "Daemon". There should be some people in here who will appreciate the report.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/wor...rver-shut-down
    Not really all that wonderful. Extremely biased (because he played there).

"Like closing a museum to gaming"??? LOL. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    "Like closing a museum to gaming"??? LOL. No.
    If that really was in the article, I won't read it. He's an adult right? Right?!

10+ Year Old Account
    420k views in 4 days on just this thread shows how much interest there really is in legacy servers

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I don't know whats better. Counter suing or entrapment.
    They forced them into becoming Robin Hood Gandhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Funny how one illegal server with 150000 active account is financially viable, while retail servers with millions are supposedly going down the drain.
    This isn't the fast and the furious mate, for a company it does matter whether you are winning by an inch or a mile.

If that really was in the article, I won't read it. He's an adult right? Right?!
    What good does reading do if you don't know what context is and wouldn't actually understand it?

Yeah, and...

Gaming as a whole is worse off with its loss.
    LOL! No.

Legal gaming as a whole got a boost by something illegal being shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    What good does reading do if you don't know what context is and wouldn't actually understand it?
    I doubt there's any good context that can follow that sentence. Unless it was: I kid I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehujanne View Post
    The private server was illegal -> illegal activity is a crime -> crime is wrong

This is really basic stuff, but it seems that people don't know that crime is bad
    Slavery was legal in 1860. Freeing slaves then was illegal. Hence freeing slaves was wrong.

(obviously not to compare slavery to IP violation obviously, just pointing at the absurdity of circular reasoning between legality and morality)

I doubt there's any good context that can follow that sentence.
    Oh the quote is ridiculous, I'm just ragging on you for trying to boost post count and responding to things without understanding the context in which they're posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Because blizzard is doing well and isn't desperate to go to such lengths to extend a product like EQ was most likely
    I know, they've got the 3rd best moba and a card game that makes almost as much. With the increasing popularity of their flagship game, I'm sure the next round of spin offs from it will do even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Oh the quote is ridiculous, I'm just ragging on you for trying to boost post count and responding to things without understanding the context in which they're posted.
    You just boosted your post count by not giving the context. You can remedy this mistake in your next post.