Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You just boosted your post count by not giving the context. You can remedy this mistake in your next post.
    Quoting the person I was responding to gives more than enough context. This is why I assumed you do not understand what context actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    420k views in 4 days on just this thread shows how much interest there really is in legacy servers
    I'm still laughing from another thread who said that Nost going down was an infraction of his human rights.

420k views - only for entertainment value and most probably just face-palming at some of the absurd arguments on here.

I broke my phone with b.net authenticator on it so i can't delete my account
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Not really all that wonderful. Extremely biased (because he played there).

"Like closing a museum to gaming"??? LOL. No.
    i would have used the term "time capsule" but I get what they're saying. I actually checked them out once and was blown away at how much of the RPG in MMORPG is now missing in WoW. I totally accept wow as it is, but there are things that I miss from previous installments.

I would not consider myself a vanilla nostalgia gamer, but playing on their Pserver for about 2hrs brought me back to when I was 19yrs old and I was able to recall things I had totally forgot about. I'll be first in line to tell people they would not like their class if they had the option to go back to a vanilla server, but going back to the "no rpg in mmorpg anymore" statement... I can see why I could support their desire to have one on live.

sucks that blizz can give us diablo 2 on win10 but after 10+ yrs they cant make a separate patch 1.12 vanilla wow for $9.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandoman View Post
    Thanks for that. I just tweeted my congratulations for the shutdown & my new favorite hashtag... #nostalriuscommunityisgarbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiral View Post
    That went viral
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    sucks that blizz can give us diablo 2 on win10 but after 10+ yrs they cant make a separate patch 1.12 vanilla wow for $9.99.
    Because then you'll have the next guy wanting tbc, wotlk, different patches and so on. It's a can of worms that's best left unopened.

i would have used the term "time capsule" but I get what they're saying. I actually checked them out once and was blown away at how much of the RPG in MMORPG is now missing in WoW. I totally accept wow as it is, but there are things that I miss from previous installments.

I would not consider myself a vanilla nostalgia gamer, but playing on their Pserver for about 2hrs brought me back to when I was 19yrs old and I was able to recall things I had totally forgot about. I'll be first in line to tell people they would not like their class if they had the option to go back to a vanilla server, but going back to the "no rpg in mmorpg anymore" statement... I can see why I could support their desire to have one on live.

An adventure game compared to a MMORPG that requires its own servers, programming, and upkeep... Would cost way more than $9.99.

Maybe after there are no future expansions planned.

420k views in 4 days on just this thread shows how much interest there really is in legacy servers
    Honestly, it feels more like the "what color is this dress."
    A relatively small problem being overthought by way too many people.
    Private servers have been around for a long time--every time one gets too popular, blizzard shuts it down.
    I don't see legacy servers as a profitable idea. The second money gets involved, people start getting finicky. There are certainly people who would pay for such things. There just isn't enough of them willing to pay to justify hiring people to keep up servers as well as customer support, taxes, lawyers...etc, on top of developing and maintaining the current game. If it isn't a sustain-ably profitable venture, they won't even consider it.
    I wish the gaming environment supported the niche gamer. There was a time when this happened more. I'd like to see a company figure out a business model that kept everyone happy.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    I'm quite sure they can, but choose not to (for the reasons stated many times in this thread)

I actually checked them out once and was blown away at how much of the RPG in MMORPG is now missing in WoW.
    Such as overcrowding, broken spawns, dungeon bosses with broken AI, and spamming LFG/World/Orgrimmar chat for a dungeon for three days without result? Get lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I broke my phone with b.net authenticator on it so i can't delete my account
    You can contact Blizzard support and they'll help you.

Quote Originally Posted by savras84 View Post
    I'd like to ask you guys if current iteration of WoW is such a good game how come you have so much free time?
    It's not, I don't like WoD and I'm unsubbed. Where did you find the freetime to go through that trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's not, I don't like WoD and I'm unsubbed. Where did you find the freetime to go through that trouble?
    Idk but he's my hero. We now know one thing officially: zorkuus cares about this more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You can contact Blizzard support and they'll help you.
    Nah i'm raging so hard i could go crazy and mail a pic of my c**k instead of my ID
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You went through all the trouble of finding stats and that's your question?
    And btw. MoanaLisa is a forum mod.
    A very opinionated one who was participating in the thread, not moderating.

Edit: Wow, so salty Namalia. It's tough when you think the whole forum is with you, and then come to the crashing realization that it's just been a handful of people with an obnoxious amount of free time.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-04-10 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Its about the same 20-30 people, myself included. I can't look away from this train wreck though, I mean someone just suggested counter suing.
    This thread is pure comedic gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    It seems to me that thread views of MMOC are fairly bad proof of anything.
    After having read through this mess, it seems most posts are from a very small group of people arguing in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    A very opinionated one who was participating in the thread, not moderating.
    Still not a good idea to bring a mod to this list. Just sayin...