10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    Interested in this until you introduce a fee... Then you lose most.
    But some sort of fee is needed after all. People just want and expect, while the business part of this isn't thought of.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yet again, impossible to say either way.

Even if it was something that's just tied into the basic WoW sub though, maybe that would get people to resub to play Vanilla/TBC/Wrath. We really don't know, but all we can say is that there's some form of demand.
    If they'd ever introduce classic servers, then yes, IMO, should be tied to normal wow sub. No separate option, so no funds can be routed out of the development of the main game that most of us want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    holy shit. How did I miss that? I mean how can you decide that? I am speechless really never expected that. I mean I would definitely play in a legacy server just because I am hardcore masochist player seriously.

But people really, no matter what you say, no matter how you twist, turn, change, refute, what was done with nost was illegal. I repeated this 3 times maybe in this topic. I torrent, download, crack but at least I accept what I do is illegal. You can't defend nost for that. Accept it.

And of course if nost didn't become a thorn on their side they would be still operating. It may not even be an economical reason but something like giving more and more people the idea of legacy servers. Making people pressure more on blizzard (no effect of course)

Or try to think positive, maybe this was a step for their own legal legacy servers which they are secretly developing. (a miniscule possibility) Otherwise just accept illegal and blizzard has every right to stop them and keep going. It is pointless but I am sure somebody from blizzard noticed this topic. 550 pages. Sure it was noticed.
    There's definitely no debating whether they had the right to or not. I think it really just comes down to people thinking that they shouldn't of even bothered.

Definitely an odd way for them to respond to it though at the time.

Speaking of time...it's late, probably won't be responding til tomorrow now, although at that point I might just read whatever responses I get and not reply for the sake of not bringing back up a conversation from 10-12 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Twisting lore's words doesn't make what you're saying "objectively true"
    Wasn't trying to twist them, it's what I took away from reading/watching the interview. I'm not saying you HAVE to take it with a grain of salt, by all means, don't. But I personally will due to his interests is all.

Also, why put "objectively true" in quotes? I never said that.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-04-11 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    ''So I'd take that comment more as a gaffe than a true statement of intent within Blizzard. I'm pretty sure the other guys on that stage probably gave the fellow a hard time for his ill-chosen words afterwards, but wouldn't comment on it due to professional decorum. ''

But the thing with him answering like that, is that they have had that question asked many times and the response has always been like the blue posts, so at some point ( altough super dickish and unproffesional ), they get a cheeky dick response for wasting the precious little time they have at blizzcon to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I like to think I keep fairly good track of the Blue Tracker (pun not intended), and I don't remember them flat-out saying "you don't want Classic servers". I remember a lot of variations on "there is a lot of nostalgia about Vanilla, but the game has improved significantly since and we don't like the idea of backtracking on those improvements" and "we want to keep the game moving forward instead of looking back on our previous accomplishments", though. That's probably because it's a lot easier to think things through on a forum post when you're clearly aware of everybody dissecting your every word and you can go back and revise everything you're about to say before you do it. Speaking on a stage, in front of thousands of people, being clear, concise and actually getting your point across is a skill very few people have.

So I'd take that comment more as a gaffe than a true statement of intent within Blizzard. I'm pretty sure the other guys on that stage probably gave the fellow a hard time for his ill-chosen words afterwards, but wouldn't comment on it due to professional decorum.
    Actually seeing the exact posts from Pwellzor jogged my memory, it was Lore's posts I was most likely thinking of. I wasn't sure right off the bat though, that's why I said it could be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    If they'd ever introduce classic servers, then yes, IMO, should be tied to normal wow sub. No separate option, so no funds can be routed out of the development of the main game that most of us want to play.
    I agree, but I'm just not sure if it is the best way for it, as in if that would be the most profitable way that Blizzard would actually find worth doing.

Rolling out now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Wasn't trying to twist them, it's what I took away from reading/watching the interview. I'm not saying you HAVE to take it with a grain of salt, by all means, don't. But I personally will due to his interests is all.
    You describe his interests as if they are maligned. I don't think any developer is super excited to go back and remake the same shit they already made and finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

And while we're here, this is Lore (CM for Blizzard) and Mike B (from Wowhead) talking about Vanilla servers:

Starting at 4:45.

It's actually pretty fun listening.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by leigonlord View Post
    why cant blizzard just make private servers "official", that is they require a subscription to use. then blizz can just let private servers do whatever they want as long as blizz gets their money. its a win win. people can play vanilla and blizz has no responsibility or costs.
    Or just play on the myriad of other private servers still available instead of waiting for Godot? Why do private server advocates act like it's the end of the world and have nowhere to go? Just be smart and don't advertise to everyone like those idiots did who streamed the game on Twitch.

Everyone who signs on to these private servers should know they can be shut down at anytime. Investment on your character should be treated casually.

Blizzard isn't going to implement any official legacy/private servers anytime soon. Period.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

What if Blizzard allowed people who owned the battlechest to play 1-60 without a subscription. But still allowed players to use the auction house, whisper, organize guilds, raid Molten Core, BWL, and AQ, etc? Just tack on a 50% EXP debuff so leveling feels like Vanilla.

Basically a B2P Vanilla WoW experience (with Cataclysm Azeroth and Quests).

I think it would be a pretty decent compromise. Not that there has to be a compromise. Just restrict Flying (can't have flying if you want to play Vanilla)

But I think it would work well in the sense that:

- Nost players who just want to play WoW for free, can do so.
    - You can organize 40mans and raid, with the added benefits that 75% of specs are actually viable to play. Goes for PvP too.
    - Since it's not completely F2P, spam and bots and such could only be as bad as other B2P games. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have it too bad.
    - Heirlooms are pretty redundant at level 60 legacy end-game anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aejt View Post
    Yeah, I can also make up things: This happened every hour or so in blackrock mountain.

Well, I didn't state for Blackrock mountain, now a days it isn't needed to be there, it's a forgotten chapter. I was talking about activity through city PvP. And I wasn't make up things, I'm just not narrow enough to only believe it can happen on a private server.

I played from 2005 to 2014, and I never saw world PvP like that happening after vanilla (yet my favorite expansion is TBC), so I don't believe one word you say.
    Then I can certainly tell you, that you haven't been part of WorldPvP at a large scale. It was more often in the older content, before Cataclysm, still happens in newer content too. Though, most my world PvP memories are through the first three expansions, at a large scale.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    What if Blizzard allowed people who owned the battlechest to play 1-60 without a subscription. But still allowed players to use the auction house, whisper, organize guilds, raid Molten Core, BWL, and AQ, etc? Just tack on a 50% EXP debuff so leveling feels like Vanilla.

I think it would be a pretty decent compromise. Not that there has to be a compromise. Just restrict Flying (can't have flying if you want to play Vanilla)

- You can organize 40mans and raid, with the added benefits that 75% of specs are actually viable to play. Goes for PvP too.
    - Since it's not completely F2P, spam and bots and such could only be as bad as other B2P games. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have it too bad.
    great idea imo, but too much for blizzard to even consider

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    You describe his interests as if they are maligned. I don't think any developer is super excited to go back and remake the same shit they already made and finished.
    Not saying he has ill intent whatsoever, far from it. Just that I would want the focus to be on the project I was working on myself, and tbh, I would want my project to be BETTER than that of my predecessors. There's no shame in supporting and taking pride in your own work. If Lore believes that this version of WoW is better, that's a more than fine opinion to hold.

It would just make me slightly wary of his comments on legacy content, that's all I'm saying. Not saying the statements couldn't be true or hold merit.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    The Legend of Nostalrius

Clearly a fake video, everyone who played on nostalrius knows horde was composed 99% of undead mages.

I didn't think people actually did this: "hitting them where it hurts"
    The bit you quoted there is fine. The other guys advocating pirating the Warcraft movie and stuff like that... well, they kinda sound like douchebags. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

I didn't think people actually did this: "hitting them where it hurts"
    I'm not going to make an analogy to how ridiculous cancelling a preorder because of blizzard shutting down a private server is. But know. It is really fucking asinine.

Good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Deleted
    Nost had shitload of Undeads lol, Vurtne #123123 and Grim #14342. Me and my bro only made it to lvl40 but our guild info was filled with a KoS list and rage, haha. You know which fucker you wanted to gank on sight aswell as which horde player you was on good terms with and to /wave/cheer at. Bascially the fundamentals of an MMO, community and the feel of an open world game with consqeuences for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    The bit you quoted there is fine. The other guys advocating pirating the Warcraft movie and stuff like that... well, they kinda sound like douchebags. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    It sucks, trying to advocate for official legacy servers while stuff like that is floating around makes the point moot. Those defending it suffer from about the same amount of toxicity, but we're the one's lobbying for something, not them.

If we want any hope of this issue ever being taken seriously by the folks at Blizz, we need to start policing this internally, and discouraging the nonsensical extremism that is rampant amongst many of the posters advocating for legacy content.

Hell, even today I was fed up with the state of the forums, and the back and forth useless shitposting going on, so I broke and shitposted a bit myself even. We have to focus our arguments, ignore trolls, and keep things civil and on the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Look how many people were there. This is aspect of an MMO, Blizzard killed MMO in WoW.
    i see the administration wasn't policing the character/guild names. That is akin to a slander to the original product and another reason to kill those kind of servers ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

An even better compromise would be to ask Blizzard to expand on the Timewalking system they already have in place. I already said this once in the thread but apparently everyone was too busy attacking each other to notice.

We already had the anniversary MC raids and Tarren Mill/Southshore battleground. And now we have Timewalking dungeons, I say bring them back and introduce a much more extensive Timewalking including the other vanilla raids or even leveling 1-60 or whatever legacy level within a simulation instance of sorts.

With the expanded Timewalking idea, you don't need extra servers, you don't segregate the player population further, it utilizes a system that Blizzard already has in place, and it fits right into the developers' direction of moving forward with the series not backwards. The current Timewalking is already incorporating dungeons from TBC, Wrath, and Cataclysm. Expand it and it would become very flexible and allow you to fulfill whatever nostalgia for whatever expansion you have.

My idea would be much more elegant than setting up vanilla/TBC/Wrath legacy servers all over the place and then needing to worry about costs to maintain them and population problems.

TL: DR. Try to think of ideas that help improve the current game and the developers will be much more receptive to that.
    Last edited by corebit; 2016-04-11 at 06:23 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals