Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Don't you know ? IP absolute right is the cornerstone of humanity. Piracy is worse than murder, and preventing people to accessing to abandonware is a virtue while offering something that isn't sold anymore is a Capital Crime.

And if you disagree with that, the world will end and you're an evil, horrible being.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No, no you don't. You just want to steal Blizzard's legacy you meanie.
    I will steal your butt ;_;

But honestly though, I really want to experience my childhood again, preferably legally and not by playing private servers.

I'd even pay for the basic game and sub again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    No, no you don't. You just want to steal Blizzard's legacy you meanie.
    He doesn't want it. Tell him he doesn't want it. He thinks he does but he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ??? Yes, it is.

Anyway, you have droves of volunteer GM's. Ofcourse you can theoretically make better support structures when you have an effectively unlimited staff budget due to not paying anyone.
    No, it is not. Even Blizz servers haven't surpassed that number now per server (ofc calculations got bigger and mechanics trickier to work etc, but still).

having 35k active players on most crowded realm in the world is one thing, having 150k active players between two servers is a whole another. Online numbers are comparable too.
    Last edited by shifuren; 2016-04-11 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They'd need enough servers to cope with a massive influx of players (1m? 2m? 10m?) coming to check it out and systems in place to merge/close/transfer to get rid of the empty servers when the number of players stabilises.
    Well damn, the technology to merge servers is new and unknown terroritory.

(Sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

ha, new blizz pole... they want to see how much people miss the past, and they are baiting it with cata.. the point of decline..

blizz is actually considering now about making a legacy server, they are just testing to waters to see how many people actually do miss the past.

the fact is wow was not Nost's to host or distribute. if they wanna do something like that they can make there own game. i wonder if all these ppl complaining bout this server going down would feel the same if it was there property being ripped off. remove the whole money thing. this is someone taking someone else's IP and using for there own means. period. now toss in the fact that were taking money( donations or other wise ) from said IP they were using.

ya...no. and i cant believe so many ppl actually dont see a issue with this. ridiculous.....

"If you watch Godzilla in reverse, it's about a giant lizard repairing Tokyo and then Moonwalking into the ocean."

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    He was expressing his disdain for blizzards ignorance, the problem isn't that they shut it down, the problem is that they don't understand that this is what many people want.
    Repeatedly, they said that the number or people who want vanilla servers is just not enough to off-set all the resources and time spent on implementing and maintaining vanilla servers, so to keep on repeating this 'many people want it' argument is just a waste of time, unless you can actually prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that creating classic servers would consistently turn up a worthwhile profit, month after month.

Problem is, you can't. No one can.

Quote Originally Posted by shifuren View Post
    No, it is not. Even Blizz servers haven't surpassed that number now per server (ofc calculations got bigger and mechanics trickier to work etc, but still).
    I'm not sure if you're being pedantic about separate server boxes that operate under a realm or what, since that's irrelevant. Size per server doesn't matter when blizzard has 100's to the single 1 nost was renting out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    ha, new blizz pole... they want to see how much people miss the past, and they are baiting it with cata.. the point of decline..

blizz is actually considering now about making a legacy server, they are just testing to waters to see how many people actually do miss the past.
    ?? the only thing i get out of this poll is that they want to know which boss mechanics ppl liked the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    You make compelling arguments and ultimately, I agree with you. However, I cannot support Blizzard decision to shut down a part of the public this way. We all know that because something is legal does not make it ethical, so I still hope Blizzard will come back on their decision. After all, they have a market.
    Hey, I said it was a dick move. I don't approve it myself, but it's the kind of hard choice I can't really fault them for making. There was no other reasonable path for them that didn't validate private servers -- like the usual suggestions of just letting Nost be or hiring their developers to work on official Vanilla servers -- and as a company they cannot validate private servers of their own game.

This really is a tragedy for everybody involved. I wouldn't be surprised if some folks at Blizzard did also play there, if anything just to get a fresh perspective on their own game (or to have fun, who knows?) without having to worry about anything. But that was unfortunately a puppy they didn't have a choice but to kick, if they didn't want to risk getting into even bigger trouble later.

EDIT: and sure. If they released their own Vanilla servers I'd probably give them a go! I joined up in late TBC, so my Vanilla experience is all based on x10 P2W private servers that crashed every two hours. It would be interesting to see how things went back then.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    ?? the only thing i get out of this poll is that htey want to know wich boss mechanics ppl liked the most.
    Onyxia Raid Animation.... Obviously.

Size per server doesn't matter when blizzard has 100's to the single 1 nost was renting out.
    Doesn't matter to what? The game experience? Nonsense.

The profit? Sure.

The only times I've witnessed more than 100 players attempting to ruck it out on live, the servers have crashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    Internet celebrity shares opinion with many other people.
    oh.my.god WHAT NEWS
    Yup. Internet celebrity with nearly 2.5 million subscribers on YouTube and tons in Twitter has voiced support of legacy servers and included a link the the petition. This issue is probably going to get blown up even more due to the huge audience JonTron has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    OH that video...man that video that was made to just get views.......
    JonTron doesn't need to make controversial opinion videos to get views. Any video he makes will get at least 1 million views regardless of the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Almost 600 pages! Let's go boys and ponies!
    Also, what do you personally think after all that's happened, all the internet celebs, streamers and the communities that
    have gone into a total state of war. Do you think we've got a shot at getting the classic realms now or that they might bless a fan project with it?

I really want to hear what you guys think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Yup. Internet celebrity with nearly 2.5 million subscribers on YouTube and tons in Twitter has voiced support of legacy servers and included a link the the petition. This issue is probably going to get blown up even more due to the huge audience JonTron has.
    Followed by second, bigger, Internet celebrity doing the same thing.

I'm not sure if you're being pedantic about separate server boxes that operate under a realm or what, since that's irrelevant. Size per server doesn't matter when blizzard has 100's to the single 1 nost was renting out.
    I'm being pedantic only about ingame server capacity which is higher there, regardless of all hardware that supports it. Again, if Blizz have better servers, why limits are lower, and it's lagging as hell even with that when full?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The only times I've witnessed more than 100 players attempting to ruck it out on live, the servers have crashed.
    Seeing 100+ players has been a pretty normal occurence for a long time now. Having over 2000 players in a single cache distance crashes? Oh well? That doesn't organically happen and they have tech to mitigate it on events where it would outside of intentional attempts to crash servers.

If you were so up to date shifuren you might've known the ingame server capacity (which was 10000's before) has gone up significantly recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Almost 600 pages! Let's go boys and ponies!
    Also, what do you personally think after all that's happened, all the internet celebs, streamers and the communities that
    have gone into a total state of war. Do you think we've got a shot at getting the classic realms now or that they might bless a fan project with it?

I really want to hear what you guys think about it.
    Way too much drama about the whole thing people will move on and play other games or use another of the 100 private servers out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I didn't know this server was so popular. Neither did i know this topic was allowed here.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.