10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I didn't know this server was so popular. Nor did i know this topic was allowed here.
    Mmo champ even posted it on their front page So it is 100% legal!

Lmao 600 pages and people are actually arguing with these omg-socool-vanilla boys? Why would anyone listen to these idiots? People who actually been playing vanilla remember it as a fuckign nightmare, not "the best wow of all times". Here are some sweet sweet memories i have:

-i wanted to play either bear or moonkin drood, guess which spec i've been raiding with?

-pugging anything was impossible.

-over the top, korean-like grind(oh the memories of those awesome BWL & Naxx40 attunements, so good so vanilla )

-99% of people never been anywhere xept MC.

Should i continue? You idiots probably don't even know that WoW skyrocketed to the top only in TBC. I, for once, totally agree with Blizz. Fuck those vanilla servers and fuck those pirates, that wont pay to play anyway.

Deleted

JUT LEAVING THIS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If you were so up to date shifuren you might've known the ingame server capacity (which was 10000's before) has gone up significantly recently.
    I'm not talking about 100 players jumping all over a quest givers during launch levelling (which you're right was flawless, and didn't garner any complaints).

I'm saying any time I've lead a 40 man raid to attack a city the servers have crashed, in Wrath, Cata, and MoP. Didn't get around to trying in WoD.

I don't even play on a crowded server so lawd knows what happens on those ones. Maybe they're hosted on better servers due to their constant high traffic I don't know.

As to the other point; it's all very well saying they have hundreds of servers, but compared to the game experience of, for example, Wrath of the Lich King, it kinda sounds like they still have twice as many as they 'need'. Population density is part of the experience I'm sure you'll agree; and while its good to have low pop servers for people who enjoy a more mellow experience, it doesn't have to be "all but a handful"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
    Lmao 600 pages and people are actually arguing with these omg-socool-vanilla boys? Why would anyone listen to these idiots? People who actually been playing vanilla remember it as a fuckign nightmare, not "the best wow of all times". Here are some sweet sweet memories i have:

-i wanted to play either bear or moonkin drood, guess which spec i've been raiding with?

-over the top, korean-like grind(oh the memories of those awesome BWL & Naxx40 attunements, so good so vanilla )

Should i continue? You idiots probably don't even know that WoW skyrocketed to the top only in TBC. I, for once, totally agree with Blizz. Fuck those vanilla servers and fuck those pirates, that wont pay to play anyway.
    sorry you were bad? ony and MC attunements were balls easy

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I didn't know this server was so popular. Neither did i know this topic was allowed here.
    They allowed some freedom for this singular one because they knew it would be a big point of discussion regardless.

Really? Out of all the attunements you could have picked you picked BWL and Naxx 40? One was an UBRS run which took 45 minutes by the time you were ready for BWL and Naxx was literally talk to an NPC and pay a paltry amount of gold/items. Could have at least used the Horde Ony chain, or BC TK attunement.

edit: word

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

And you earned yourself a report, thank you come again!

Lmao 600 pages and people are actually arguing with these omg-socool-vanilla boys? Why would anyone listen to these idiots?
    I am not an idiot.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Uhm if we go by sub count, Wrath was when it skyrocketed to 12 mil but ok.

People here seem to forget we aren't just asking for Vanilla servers but Legacy servers in general. If you thought vanilla was the best you get to play that. If you think BC was the best, you can play that, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheValkyrie View Post
    People here seem to forget we aren't just asking for Vanilla servers but Legacy servers in general. If you thought vanilla was the best you get to play that. If you think BC was the best, you can play that, etc.
    yes, we are asking for LEGACY SERVERS , not just vanilla ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheValkyrie View Post
    Let them start with Vanilla, see that it's popular, and continue to others next

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They allowed some freedom for this singular one because they knew it would be a big point of discussion regardless.
    Which gets website visit hits for those ads that make them $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Repeatedly, they said that the number or people who want vanilla servers is just not enough to off-set all the resources and time spent on implementing and maintaining vanilla servers, so to keep on repeating this 'many people want it' argument is just a waste of time, unless you can actually prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that creating classic servers would consistently turn up a worthwhile profit, month after month.

Problem is, you can't. No one can.
    Of course not because no one can even attempt to do such a thing and Blizzard themselves won't even try it.

Think about how much money and resources they put into features that never see the light of day, the Dance Studio, Path of the Titans, ect. They put money into those things and they never amounted to anything, its always a risk no matter what you do the difference here is that if you look at: https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...iter=522873458

Those guys are offering to DO ALL OF THE WORK FOR THEM FOR FREE just so they can play the old version. Hell they could set up such a thing, have you pay a 10$ monthly fee for those who want to play this old version and just make money off of it.

If you want to look it another way then think about it like this, If I want to go and play Final Fantasy 6, my favorite SNES game and one of the best RPG's ever made I can do that despite that a newer bastardized version exists for mobile and PC but I can still always play my original. WoW and other online games like it you can't do that, at least not legally so if anyone wants to replay old WoW they basically can't unless another Nostalrius shows up but knowing Blizzard it'll just be shut down without any message or input from it, so you can't even relieve what to many people is a huge part of their lives.

Sure its just a video game but if I couldn't play anything but the bastardized version of FF6 that exists now on PC and mobile I'd pirate the fuck out of the SNES rom because thats the version I want to play.

I think my point is that is that if if doesn't impact blizzards actual sales (as you have said: unless you can actually prove, beyond any reasonable doubt that those people who played on these private servers only do so because its free and not because its a legacy server you can't argue that. You can't prove that either) then companies need to either provide a way for people to play these online games later on in the form that they wish or they can keep fighting an endless battle of fans being mad at them for not doing it themselves and fans doing whatever the hell they want to because its the internet and other private servers exist and will continue to exist and there is no way for Blizzard to stop them all. If this situation with Nostalrius has shown us anything is that every time they do find a larger one and shut it down they'll just piss more and more people off and actually quite likely hurt their own sales because of it.

So while I get they need to protect their IP and the situation isn't always so clearly right or wrong what they are doing and likely continue to do will end up hurting them more in the end then if they had just let the server exist in its own right.

I went into McDonalds today, and ordered a quarter pounder. The clerk said "you don't actually want a quarter pounder, you think you do, but you don't." I said "you know what? you're right. Of course you know what I want better than I do."

That guy should be fired. Not only is he a condescending prick, but he doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm glad millions of people are getting to see him make an ass of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not talking about 100 players jumping all over a quest givers during launch levelling (which you're right was flawless, and didn't garner any complaints).

I'm saying any time I've lead a 40 man raid to attack a city the servers have crashed, in Wrath, Cata, and MoP. Didn't get around to trying in WoD.
    I've had 60+ man raids attack flawlessly back in wrath/cata/mop so no idea why that'd be the case.

As to the other point; it's all very well saying they have hundreds of servers, but compared to the game experience of, for example, Wrath of the Lich King, it kinda sounds like they still have twice as many as they 'need'. Population density is part of the experience I'm sure you'll agree; and while its good to have low pop servers for people who enjoy a more mellow experience, it doesn't have to be "all but a handful"
    I am talking about hardware servers, not realms. Realm density is an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yet they have 3-4 million active paying accounts and the golden days of Vanilla only has 800k free accounts created? The numbers tell a different tale.
    And anyhow. Some players can grow up and accept the fact that a game that lives to be 11 years old can and have to change.
    Ppl still play CSS and HL2
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Legacy servers are something I wouldn't really want to see until WoW isn't the big cheese anyone. We still got some years to go before that happens, especially since the upcoming competition doesn't look like it would make a dent in WoW. Maybe Destiny 2 if it's done correctly and is on PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Jesus, the facts are right infront of your eyes. Do you even remember when they said 6.1 was a major patch? Are you freaking serious? I'm not saying the team is working on the other games, I'm saying money from WoW is used for the creation of said games.
    I remember them saying 6.1 wasn't a major patch and should probably have been 6.0.X