Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    After a few days is not a good thing at all really. But yet again, this is about them being unable to predict the popularity.
    Blizzard data analysts have been flat out wrong so many times, this is a widely ignored point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You'll be glad when people cant challenge your views? When people are silenced? How is that reasonable at all.
    Because it is getting really silly to handwave away lawbreaking because it was a passion project. I'd say put yourself in their shoes but I doubt you can view it that way.

I hope that one minute before Legion launches, you excitedly get ready to play just for Illidan to punt you off of your mount, through the floor, and right out of the server while screaming 'YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!'.

):<

Best of luck though, I hope it's smoother than WoD was at least.
    Joe I will pay you all the money if you make this happen. Please.

You're assuming that people actually quit because of there being no legacy servers, and that people actually cared enough to fill out the survey at the end.
    Better to assume at least some of the NINETY FIVE MILLION people quit wrote that in the long ass survey you can fill out than assuming that the 150k active users is a real number or that 150k is UNIQUE users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

why did they make a vanilla private server, don't they know it's only just nostalgias...??

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I think the biggest problem with this whole thread and which has derailed/made discussion boring is that pro-PS people are just willing to handwave away the theft of IP/copyright infringement because it was a 'passion project'. I'll kind of be glad when that kind of discussion dies down or just gets shut down.
    I think everyone who remotely dives into this topic quickly finds out that this really should be a non-issue. As in, it's obvious as to why it was taken down and that should be that. It was illegal, it was using their IP and everyone knows it. I think the problem isn't that no one gets it (Because honestly, most do) -- it's people who won't shut up about it. It's like a damn broken record of "It's illegal!".

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Joe I will pay you all the money if you make this happen. Please.
    I think you'd have to talk to Blizzard for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Better to assume at least some of the NINETY FIVE MILLION people quit wrote that in the long ass survey you can fill out than assuming that the 150k active users is a real number or that 150k is UNIQUE users.
    I see no reason to believe they're lying, it's not like they're in a competition of any sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Well when the only possible way to play the game is to commit that "theft", it's going to happen.
    Or they could just do what most of us have done. Accept that WoW evolves and is not the same game it was. Blizzard was asked to do Vanilla/retro servers and have many times said no. That should have been the end of it. Sure make some forum posts, drum up interest. But no, instead they just make illegal servers to play WoW for free.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I've been saying for years that Wrath was the downfall of WoW. Made it way to casual and completely destroyed the social aspect of the game.
    Pretty sure this is exactly the opposite of the truth.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think you'd have to talk to Blizzard for that one.
    Joe-senpai, I have so much faith in you please

"WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR FREE WE JUST WANT VANILLA SERVERS!!!"

http://i.imgur.com/sfYR8wc.jpg (cropped from a certain image board which I will not mention, since it will just start mudslinging from users from another image board or other wannabes)

Just because maybe one or two say so, not all of the 800.000 pirates share this sentiment.

I see no reason to believe they're lying, it's not like they're in a competition of any sorts.
    Really? You have no reason to think people who steal are not liars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

They will use patch 1.12 anyway which is worthless because its the start of welfare epics via honor /cross realm BG bullshit.

No one is stopping those "vanilla" players from logging into retail servers and playing. WoW still exists. You can still do world PvP and everything else you were able to in vanilla. Nothing has changed. Yet all they do is complaining over internets.

I have a drinking game. Every time someone uses the "love it or leave it" argument; extract 1 milliliter from your cup and drink it. Don't go any higher than that or you might die.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Pretty sure this is exactly the opposite of the truth.
    I'll chime in and say that the downfall of WoW started in classic with Diremaul and all the 'catch-up' mechanics. It ruined the experience skipping dungeons and learning the fights! /s

But honestly TBC started the first major wave of making the game easier and faster within progression, WotLK just hit the nitro boost. Especially when they added LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I think everyone who remotely dives into this topic quickly finds out that this really should be a non-issue. As in, it's obvious as to why it was taken down and that should be that. It was illegal, it was using their IP and everyone knows it. I think the problem isn't that no one gets it (Because honestly, most do) -- it's people who won't shut up about it. It's like a damn broken record of "It's illegal!".
    Yeah sadly both sides are guilty. "It is illegal" "It was a project of love". Just silly to keep beating that part to death. I mean we know who is right, that would be Blizz which got the thing shut down. Pretty much ended that portion of the debate, but nope, still going back and forth about illegal and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    why did they make a vanilla private server, don't they know it's only just nostalgias...??
    Dunno if sarcasm or... wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah that has been one of my points. I just can't take Nos numbers at face value. They have an agenda of getting Vanilla servers on WoW so when they posted the graphic breakdown of players a few months ago was basically just an advertisement. So perhaps they doctored up the numbers to make it look better and when the game closed down they gave their 'final tallies'. Some people will believe them and some won't. I sure as fuck don't.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure add a lot to this conversation.
    Are you one of them forum warriors? Will you sign my axe? i plan on using it to kill gnomes when i'm allowed to venture back among my fellow orc brothers on the release of the first legacy servers.

I have no reason to believe they are telling the truth either. They have an agenda of trying to get Vanilla servers so what is to stop them from doctoring up numbers to suit their narrative.