Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    "With respect to the franchises that don't have the potential to be exploited every year across every platform with clear sequel potential that can meet our objectives of over time becoming $100 million plus franchises, that's a strategy that has worked very well for us."

Kotick said that there's only been a "small single-digit number" of new, successful franchises in the last five or 10 years, and that properties they work on are those that "we know if we release today, we'll be working on 10 years from now."

Basically, if the project/franchise isn't a whale, it's never going to happen.

Sad, but there's our answer 100%. Unless the devs somehow get some semblance of control back, we will never have official legacy servers, not even at the end of the game's life cycle.
    Isn't he talking about the Activision side of things there? Also wouldn't legacy servers be part of the WoW project, sort of like those dedicated Arena things they did a while ago (are those still going?)

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I hate warlords of gaynor
    I hate vanilla. See I can be edgy too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So don't use em. Hard concept.
    If you give people the choice, then it isn't really gonna work like that. Remember the buff in ICC? Yeah, who the fuck would turn that off willingly? No one.
    Even then, why even do it? The content serves no challenge even if you DID wear normal questing gear, then what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I think Mr. Morhaime would agree.

"Especially after a game gets released. I feel like it’s no longer just Blizzard’s game. We become a sort of curator for this experience that has millions of stakeholders"

- Michael Morhaime

Or maybe his opinion has changed on this, as his soul was consumed by the corporate machine?
    Your argument would have worked if he hadn't said "it's no longer just Blizzard's game". He's not saying Blizzard abandons the game once it's released and it belongs to the players. He's saying that Blizzard's role is to try to make as many players (read: stakeholders) happy by steering the World of Warcraft experience correctly.

It has nothing to do with Blizzard wanting nothing to do with old versions of the game. They don't work with those old versions because they are simply previous stages in the game's development, and considering the game is still under development it makes no sense to go back to them. You don't argue that you lost your month-old puppy when it grows up into an adult dog. It's the same dog, it's just changed with time.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Wtf? Are you pissed?
    i don't understand why you're asking that.

i'm a little annoyed by it, yes. i'd much prefer the pre-cata style. but i'm not pissed anymore over it.

i am pissed that guards are still max level now, that shit needs to go. another bad thing that started with cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    Time to lose your minds everyone! Blizzards stock has dropped by 1.65% and devalued by 0.56%!
    OH NO!

/10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Isn't he talking about the Activision side of things there? Also wouldn't legacy servers be part of the WoW project, sort of like those dedicated Arena things they did a while ago (are those still going?)
    Yes and no, from what I would gather. While it's a part of the WoW franchise, there can be no sequels or content to draw in a significant amount of new or returning users after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    My Worgen was getting green quests in multiple places with the next area giving me another batch of green quests after just dinging once or twice. If you wanna fuck it up even more, you clean all the rare spawns, netting you a fuck ton of XP ontop. All of that was in normal questing gear, and with full heirlooms it was just a clusterfuck of skipped zones.
    Is that once you get beyond the old world? Were you saving a lot of rested XP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Wut? Icefrog works for Valve and helped make DotA2, nothing to do with LoL. Also blizzard lost the lawsuit with Valve. Stealing a puppy has nothing to do with copying game files.
    The lawsuit ended in a compromise. Only Valve can use DotA commercially, but non-commercial groups (like the community built around the WC3 mods) can carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeMiner View Post
    Time to lose your minds everyone! Blizzards stock has dropped by 1.65% and devalued by 0.56%!
    Please, say it ain't so!

(And yet it it's still almost as high as it's ever been in the past five years. What's the point here again?)
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Please, say it ain't so!

(And yet it it's still almost as high as it's ever been in the past five years. What's the point here again?)
    That this "huge deal" with thousands of people signing petitions for Blizzard to make their own vanilla servers... barely affects such a gigantic business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Again, this doesn't matter. In an MMORPG the game is not designed to remain frozen in an ever unchanging state. If you have this expectation you are seriously in the wrong genre of gaming.
    WoW isn't an MMO anymore - so maybe you're playing the wrong type of game bud.

You don't argue that you lost your month-old puppy when it grows up into an adult dog. It's the same dog, it's just changed with time.
    What is with this puppy shit? Personally, if I could have a puppy forever as opposed to a slobbering great dane with massive shits forever, I would take the puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That this "huge deal" with thousands of people signing petitions for Blizzard to make their own vanilla servers... barely affects such a gigantic business.
    That's hysterics and doesn't indicate anything really, but to be fair, let's say this theoretically was caused by the uproar. That would still be a $2.5 million loss to the shareholders in 1 day, and while a relatively small number, that wouldn't go unnoticed.

Again, that would be if this had any relevancy and was directly linked to this issue, which it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ibJJaNnI4T0/UyLWBayUk3I/AAAAAAAAFmk/oAvYUpHCQmw/s1600/WoW+Subscriber+numbers+001+jim+younkin_b.png

BaaBaaBaaaBaaabaaa
    That doesn't prove him wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Please, say it ain't so!

This should be good for another 20 pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    76,231 signs is nothing for some people on this thread they're just laughing at it as if it's nothing when steam had the mod fiasco happen they've got around 200k signs on their petition and that's from the millions and millions of steam users.

this is just one game and it gets 70k signs I hope we get 200k and we'll for sure get a reply from blizzard they can't ignore that anymore.
    you dont get how this petition works, do you?
    step one: enter data of your mom - sign petition
    step two: enter data of your dad - sign petition
    enter own data - sign petition
    Do you now see how useless that petition is?
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-11 at 10:59 PM. Reason: my spelling...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post

BaaBaaBaaaBaaabaaa
    Yep, that's a ten year old game alright.

I like how you say Baaaa while showing a picture of what the majority is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    If you give people the choice, then it isn't really gonna work like that. Remember the buff in ICC? Yeah, who the fuck would turn that off willingly? No one.
    Even then, why even do it? The content serves no challenge even if you DID wear normal questing gear, then what's the point?
    Then why are you complaining? The whole thing with WoW has been the end game. Do an Ironman challenge or some shit if you think you're having an easy time.

Deleted
    Please, say it ain't so!

I really enjoy your no-nonsense replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    WoW isn't an MMO anymore - so maybe you're playing the wrong type of game bud.
    Massive (2.5 million plus) Multiplayer (The average player can't even solo current LFR bosses last I checked) Online (Not a platform based console game)

Yep still an mmo. Nice try though.