Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Blizzard has to protect their IP it really is as simple as that. Otherwise some other company could just open exact clone of Blizz's games and charge less and try to run Blizz out of business. It does not work that way. Laws are there for a reason.

And just because there is a small amount of people making a lot of noise on these forums, wow's forums, facebook, reddit does not mean the demand is enough. It is easy to shit out a bunch of posts and point to post/view counts and go "Yup people want it!".
    I didnt point to view counts, i pointed to like dislike ratios, when ever i have seen a youtuber make a video on a contentious tipic, the like dislike ration is significatly skewed from their normal ratio. There is nothing like that here. And one of the vids has over a million views right now.

I am surprised that Blizzard does not offer the Nostrilius team a job

They took old software and managed to run it successfully, and relatively bug free, with a high player load

Compare that to the bunch of incompetents currently employed by Blizzard who release patches into the game with more bugs than the Amazon Rain Forest

Give them a job goddamit!
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleft01 View Post
    The nost people DID pay, they literally made the thing you say is too expensive to make.

Im a kid am I? ok den.

You throw around millions as a figure, theres no point i cant prove it wont be millions, yo ucant proove it wil lbe millions, its worthless to discuss it. Just saying oh but it will be prohibitively expensive however, doesnt ring true when people were delivering the service already.
    And Blizzard says it would be millions to make it, accroding to Blizzard's standard. You can choose to not believe them because they are just evil and love your tears, but the fact is Blizzard says it's not worth it for now, so it's not worth it.

The nost people DID pay, they literally made the thing you say is too expensive to make.

Im a kid am I? ok den.

You throw around millions as a figure, theres no point i cant prove it wont be millions, yo ucant proove it wil lbe millions, its worthless to discuss it. Just saying oh but it will be prohibitively expensive however, doesnt ring true when people were delivering the service already.
    Sure they got a version of the game to function. But that isn't what Blizz would be able to slap onto some server and just flip a switch. So congrats to Nost for getting something to work that was close to Vanilla but it just wouldn't work for Blizz.

I just hope these thieves, as they have been called here, aren't punished severely for this.
    Really?

I want them bankrupted for the rest of their lives as an example of what will happen to anyone else. I want the judge to throw the fucking BOOK at them

Pour encourager les autres.

Deleted
    So you mind linking that post with these facts?

It isn't JUST Blizz being stubborn. They have to consider the time/money costs for it to be financially viable and for them to make a profit.

Well so far they've not accepted no for an answer and supposedly are going to release their code in the near future. Which would likely see a lawsuit happen.
    I hope that doesn't happen.

I wish you well.

Sure, they will give a job to people who stole from them.

/facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post

They took old software and managed to run it successfully, and relatively bug free, with a high player load

Compare that to the bunch of incompetents currently employed by Blizzard who release patches into the game with more bugs than the Amazon Rain Forest

No. No they didn't.

They took an EMULATOR that was made YEARS ago, and spent YEARS tweaking it before they even opened it up to the public. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are games.

They are thieves and should be prosecuted, not hired.

I didnt point to view counts, i pointed to like dislike ratios, when ever i have seen a youtuber make a video on a contentious tipic, the like dislike ration is significatly skewed from their normal ratio. There is nothing like that here. And one of the vids has over a million views right now.
    I really hope we're not using like/dislikes as a viable metric on a topic. Most people can't even be assed to finish watching a video let alone put down a like or a dislike on it. And people that are rabid fans for a topic will of course hit the like button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post

Yes hire those people breaking the law! Lol you do realize what they were running wouldn't even function on Blizz servers right? I highly doubt those people would have the expertise to make it function with everything that blizz would require for it to be safe and function properly. Kool-Aid much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    the fact is Blizzard says it's not worth it for now, so it's not worth it.
    If thats your stance then fine.

But that seems a ridiculous stance to hold.

People literally did it in their own free time, and Blizzard is not omniscent.

My stance is: blizzard says its not worth it for now, and i think it is.

Why? because someone did it, it was popular, and shutting it down has unleashed a huge wave of support for the idea.
    @Aehl, ok then, you beleive they wont pay for it, i disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen.

I wish you well.
    Well the ball is in Nost's court now. If they do something really silly to provoke Blizz further they'll likely wish their names are not anywhere on the server they paid for or known in any documentation because Blizz would likely go after them hard.

Don't worry, I'll be making a counter video later today to all those Nost fanboi videos (using Alpha gameplay as a backdrop while I rip Nost & those supporting it to shreds). Going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    No. No they didn't.

They took an EMULATOR that was made YEARS ago, and spent YEARS tweaking it before they even opened it up to the public. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are games.

Yeah it is one of those things that really has bothered me about this thread. They claim has this working Vanilla and it would be so easy to just flip a switch and have it running on Blizz's servers. The people want Vanilla so bad they don't even care to look at that type of information.

I hope you are aware that FBI and famous company hired HACKER that exploited their "products" before write BS

But this isnt one of those case, even if writing "kekek bad guys hired? lol" is really tard.

Deleted
    I really hope we're not using like/dislikes as a viable metric on a topic. Most people can't even be assed to finish watching a video let alone put down a like or a dislike on it. And people that are rabid fans for a topic will of course hit the like button.
    Ah the logic being, huge numbers of people are involved in something, but clearly that doesnt show interest, they are all just rabid fans or slack jawed morons who wont even finish watching a video and thus the entire lot of them can be written off.

If thats the regard you have for these people, then fine. I dont udnerstand why rabid fans however wouldnt be prepared to support a legacy server however.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, I'll be making a counter video later today to all those Nost fanboi videos (using Alpha gameplay as a backdrop while I rip Nost & those supporting it to shreds). Going to be fun.
    Well honestly, good, let both sides say their peice.

Deleted

Why? because someone did it, it was popular, and shutting it down has unleashed a huge wave of support for the idea.
    Someone did something like a vanilla server. Do you think for a second it would work with BLizzard's infrastructure? It would have to be built up from scratch again, just like the Nost team did for years. And it would have to be of a much higher quality than Nost was.

"It's not just flicking a switch"

Blizzard should be investigated as well imho

At blizzCON, blizzard executives tell people, with no mention of "subject to change" what the content of the next expansion will be

You are then allowed to purchase pre release

Then the alpha, beta and PTR come out

Then you get the game release with much for the content stated at BlizzCON missing

Legally dubious under no US countries consumer protection legislation

So how about whilst you are calling the private server guys thieves that you also state they are being pursued legally by a bunch of con artists?
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

A ridiculous stance to hold is one that says "We don't want to toss money at a project we feel will fail"? I mean sure some companies make profit on taking risks but Blizz does not really need to make some giant leap of faith anymore. They have many money making projects out there.

People running an emulator on their free time is not equal to what Blizz would have to do.

You can have whichever stance you want, my stance is that I don't want Blizz diverting people from Legion and beyond on any past portions of the game. And you are understimating that "huge wave of support" if they've barely managed 80k signatures on a petition. That is not even a small wave. That is just the ripple on a lake.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I am looking forward to that, haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    I hope you are aware that FBI and famous company hired HACKER that exploited their "products" before write BS

But this isnt one of those case, even if writing "kekek bad guys hired? lol" is really tard.
    Sure it happens sometimes. Then you can also point out the many times those people got arrested or sued. Not sure that is worth the risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah the logic being, huge numbers of people are involved in something, but clearly that doesnt show interest, they are all just rabid fans or slack jawed morons who wont even finish watching a video and thus the entire lot of them can be written off.

If thats the regard you have for these people, then fine. I dont udnerstand why rabid fans however wouldnt be prepared to support a legacy server however.

- - - Updated - - -

Well honestly, good, let both sides say their peice.
    Define 'huge' for me. I see a VERY vocal minority of players clamoring for Vanilla and some of the threads on Blizz's forums that lasted a couple of hours had less than 1k views.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post

I don't even know what you just said.

But that seems a ridiculous stance to hold. People literally did it in their own free time, and Blizzard is not omniscent.My stance is: blizzard says its not worth it for now, and i think it is.
    But you arent willing or ready to put your own money on the line to make it happen

Fine.Prove it. Go raise the money.

Because when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is, they wont.