10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Did you ever make alts in WoW?
    Yes, I had 7 characters at cap in Vanilla and 2 of them in AQ40 and higher gear. Only managed Knight Captain though in the PVP grind though
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It was actually 1 million registered I believe was what the team said I might be wrong, but only 150k active within the last month. 15k concurrent. I've seen videos where /who showed 13k online just on the Alliance side. I didn't play there, but I want that again. I bet the world was teeming with people everywhere and it was alive with world PVP. That must have been something until it got shut down.
    And now we are at 1 million. Stay tuned for next page when Nost's registered accounts might even reach 5 million with a 200k concurrent.

Deleted
    Yes, I had 7 characters at cap in Vanilla and 2 of them in AQ40 and higher gear. Only managed Knight Captain though in the PVP grind though
    Now go back to my post previous to the one you just quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I've come to accept the fact that this discussion is futile at best. There's literally no point. The pro's and the anti's will keep bringing up the same crap over and over and over, both sides having legit and bullshit points. But one thing is for sure: retail legacy servers will not come. Ever.

Though I (and many others) would really love to see one (and despite some anti's claiming they won't garner much attention, they will), Blizzard/Activision won't make one. The relative minor gains in money (minor for them, not for us) from a a legacy server that will eventually die out (after a few years theres not much to do anymore, apart from going over all the expansions again.... like WoD...), are, to them, not worth the possible "damages" it can cause. Like "admitting it used to be better", "dividing the playerbase", "appearing not having it under control", "extra developer cost" and you can probably name a few more. They will just see it as a black mark on their long, "spotless" game-developing campaign. For them, it's just not worth it.

I don't like it, but this will just be the way it is, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    800,000 confirmed, was near 900,000 when the server got shut down. https://en.nostalrius.org/
    confirmed by whom ? somebody independent from nost people ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Now go back to my post previous to the one you just quoted.
    About how some companies have more merit? When the same people in here are many of the same people who complained about Blizzard's decision to remove flight? I didn't say THIS IS THE GAME DEV HE IS SMARTER THAN YOU YOUR OPINION HAS NO MERIT. I said here's a dev from a game company that has great points and he said "LOL WILDSTAR IT IS THE SUCK".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Meh, I've come to accept the fact that this discussion is futile at best.
    Everything gets lost in the echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And now we are at 1 million. Stay tuned for next page when Nost's registered accounts might even reach 5 million with a 200k concurrent.
    Ok, it's 800k created from their official source. I even stated I might be wrong.

Like a bunch or lawyers crying foul at people downloading some decade old+ PC game no longer available through any legitimate means. I'd probably take issue if Bliz offered a Vanilla server but people played on a private server to "play for free" and avoid giving Blizzard their do.

Thing is they don't. Cry me a river.

Ah, I see you're just against the stealing part and I completely agree that they shouldn't steal. It's basically the Big Lebowski meme about Walter though. "You're not wrong Blizzard, you're just an asshole".
    I don't think Blizzard is an asshole either. Someone stole their shit, and was told to stop. Blizzard not wanting to produce a legacy version product of theirs doesn't make them assholes either.

There would be no reason to shut them down(Vanilla servers) because they wouldn't exist with official legacy realms. Blizzard doesn't like having egg on their face and the primary reason they shut down Nost was not because of IP that just gave them the ability. It was because it was a super popular private realm running a version of the game that they think is not good.
    Lotta speculation there...and likely biased. I say a more reasonable speculation is Nos got big enough to warrant paying the legal fees.

They keep repeating that people don't want it and they have been proven wrong time and again, but instead of just saying "Ok, here's a private realm" it's excuse after excuse and denial. This is the issue the Nost people have. I don't play private servers as I subscribe to retail, but I still understand that being told what I want because they know better is bullshit.
    Some people do want it. Doesn't mean that enough want it to convince them to change their minds because blizzard clearly doesn't want to do it. And over the years they have been consistent with their No =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

7 alts capped in vanilla... is that even possible? lol

I don't know anyone that had more than 2 or 3 capped. It took such an immense amount of time to level that I have yet to meet someone who actually had 7 max level toons. Unless you made them on private servers that made it not a living hell to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    How were more people subbed to vanilla? Pretty sure the last graph showed only 1 mil close to the exit from vanilla, there's still 4 million people playing WoD.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=vani...TLXsve2rs9M%3A

lol @ link. Vanilla had 8m subs. Wod probably has less than 4, I'd guess now it's at a good 2.

lol @ link. Vanilla had 8m subs. Wod probably has less than 4, I'd guess now it's at a good 2.

3.5 million sub loss in 4 months? I think not.. it lost subs no doubt but try not to exaggerate to much.

I can't believe this thread is still going. At this point nothing new is being said, just arguments based on ego and nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    700 Pages.
    You think you do but you don't.
    We don't think we do, and we definitely don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post
    7 alts capped in vanilla... is that even possible? lol

I don't know anyone that had more than 2 or 3 capped. It took such an immense amount of time to level that I have yet to meet someone who actually had 7 max level toons. Unless you made them on private servers that made it not a living hell to level.
    I only really worked and played Warcraft at the time. I was saving money and didn't want to go out to bars. So basically I played the game 8-10 hours a day for the entire duration of Vanilla. I no-lifed it hardcore and I couldn't do that again, but it was a pisser at the time.

Why do the people arguing that it should have been shut down actually care so much? is it just because its illegal? or something else i'm missing, the level of anger is a bit odd

I only really worked and played Warcraft at the time. I was saving money and didn't want to go out to bars. So basically I played the game 8-10 hours a day for the entire duration of Vanilla. I no-lifed it hardcore and I couldn't do that again, but it was a pisser at the time.
    Damn, good work there! I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Like a bunch or lawyers crying foul at people downloading some decade old+ PC game no longer available through any legitimate means. I'd probably take issue if Bliz offered a Vanilla server but people played on a private server to "play for free" and avoid giving Blizzard their do.

Thing is they don't. Cry me a river.
    World of Warcraft is still available for purchase through Blizzard entertainment. Whether or not it has the features you want is irrelevant.

Saying it is no longer available is completely wrong.

Sigh...you are making false equivalences.

WoD could have earned 8 Million subs if released back in 05. And staying "Vanilla" WoW could have made the game extent by now.

You cannot point to sub numbers and go clearly vanilla was better than WoD because it had more subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps