Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    So, has anyone else reported that new private server website/client/name to hacks@blizzard.com yet? It's pretty easy to find in the subreddits that all the pro-legacy server people are decrying Blizzard (and any anti-legacy server people) in. I won't link them here, but you can find them if you google.

They're already starting to advertise them.
    You're gonna be busy if you intend to report all PS out there. But it's nice to see you fill their emails with shit that doesn't concern that apartment, since i'm positive Blizzard doesn't know about ANY of these servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Why move along? Just create a private forum with the first 10 pages of this thread and there you go, the best pages ever!
    This is why this thread should have been shut down day 1. Because talking about private servers which is typically veiled advertising is against forum rules. The fact that this made news is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    This is why this thread should have been shut down day 1. Because talking about private servers which is typically veiled advertising is against forum rules. The fact that this made news is irrelevant.
    Yeah, after 750 pages...definitely not worth posting about.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Yeah, after 750 pages...definitely not worth posting about.
    As is asking for your own forum.

Except we have indulged you far too much already and these people think that if they bitch and moan enough blizzard will cave... because thats what they've done in the past.

le sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I find it really hard to believe this line, considering we have no evidence of that except the word from the criminals themselves, which is, honestly, worthless, since no criminal ever admits to the crime while he or she can plausibly deny it. And some never admit to it, even when proven wrong.
    It was an answer to someone claiming PS is okay. I was just trying to imitate The Punisher.It didn't work

So, has anyone else reported that new private server website/client/name to hacks@blizzard.com yet? It's pretty easy to find in the subreddits that all the pro-legacy server people are decrying Blizzard (and any anti-legacy server people) in. I won't link them here, but you can find them if you google.

No because I'm not in the sucking up to them game. Also that department does not cover private servers so wasted emails.

I own the Coke logo because I purchased a can of coke for a dollar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trh35hu35y View Post
    You also own the recipe, the christmas trucks and Santa.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.

Grade A shit posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    An open letter to Mom and Dad:

Mom,

Dad,

Fuck you guys. I am moving out. I hate this house, I hate your rules, I had the improvements that you have made, why can't we just have our old house back?

I know you thought I was growing up and I wanted a car, a home gym, a home theater. But I didn't I just want my old room, with my toys, and my Star Wars sheets... I love Star Wars sheets.

But its too late for that now, its clear things aren't going to change, so I'm out.

Sincerely,
    Me

PS: If you could just build me a tiny little room off the side of the garage big enough for me and my buds to play whenever we want, and maybe all my childhood things, that'd be great! Don't forget fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    indeed so many ex-nost crybabies who should be sued just like makers of nost maybe then they would learn that stealing is not ok and shut the f.. up
    I didn't play on Nost because I didn't even know about it until I saw this thread listed on the top of the site a few days ago while peeking in to see new Hearthstone cards. That said, I'm using another, similar service now.

I would absolutely love it for Blizzard to sue me for using a client that I paid full price for while maintaining two active accounts on their live game (One for me, one for my wife) in spite of how awful it is. Having them pay my legal fees in the end would be satisfying as hell. The reason people are so flippant in this thread about "theft" is the same reason Blizz won't just drag a net and sue any p server players they can identify - Many of these players have done nothing illegal at all, and have only performed actions against the TOS. Now if they want to start banning? Fine. Save me some money. I literally only log into the current shit show to run old raids for items I wish I'd won or gotten to drop in the past, purely for attachment and affection for my characters. But while they're within their rights to shut down any outside entity offering servers for their games, they're SOL re: coming after people using software that they purchased, from a legal standpoint.

Most of the people here don't feel any guilt for "stealing" anything because we friggin' paid for it. A sizable portion of us continue to pay for it, in spite of it being a shadow of its former self. We love the world, we love our characters, and yes we are attached.

The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service and absolutely none of the people contributing to this discussion have given a realistic reason as to why they will not. It's been continually misrepresented as a task that requires a massive undertaking when two servers, one PvE and one PvP, per region (if that) would suffice as a legitimate test, and potentially be all that's needed in the end. "They know that it won't make money." Really? With no testing at all? Did they know that WoD would collapse in on itself in two months? Well, hell, I'd say they risked more on pushing that out in spite of their clear omnipotence than they ever would have by testing out a handful Vanilla legacy servers.

The sad truth is that they very likely spent considerably more on the lawyers used to shut down Nost than they would have putting out a handful of legacy servers.

People who point to the potential spite that those making the current game might feel for the concept aren't just pulling that from nowhere. Look, just look, at the manner in which the question was addressed in that "You think that you want to that to do that" silliness. That's a customer. And not a just a $15/mo customer, but a clearly foreign customer who likely traveled internationally on top of the ~$150 he paid for a Blizzcon ticket(I haven't been since 2007 but it was around $100 then and I know it's gone up), and for what? To get publicly spat on by someone whose special skill is apparently getting paid entirely too much money to come in from a failed MMO, slowly gain position, and then inadvertently trash the work others did to make a better, more successful one? His listed reasons in the full video don't help matters any either, since many people longing for the old days are going to point to Group Finder as one of the current game's downfalls.

Blizzard made a huge mistake in tone for Mists and that was reflected by the huge influx of old players into WoD. What they see as a cyclical loss though was likely those old players realizing that the game they loved was still very much dead outside of visual tone. Even worse off, in fact, due to garrisons.

Garrisons will be my last point here, and in argument to the idea that anyone at the helm has a clue what will and will not be successful. People wanted player housing pretty much since Vanilla. Literally all they wanted was a small area that they could decorate and personalize to show off various achievements and of course to offer expanded storage. Like any other MMO with player housing. The geniuses who you all are telling me know what people want somehow bungled this concept to the point that it offers literally NONE of what players wanted, with the side effect of taking all of the game out of their game. Really?

This is about as sensible as seeing neocons like Bill Cristol back on TV explaining how to fix the mess they made out of Iraq.

Deleted

For someone that says that retail is way better than vanilla ps you sure loose 2 much time with he subject

You really dont believe your own words

Quote Originally Posted by trh35hu35y View Post
    Once again, if you live in a country where the ToS is not binding (Germany for example) you are free to do whatever you want to do with that can, no matter what the ToS or EULA of the can says, even re-selling it. (except breaking copyright laws, wich should be clear at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    For someone that says that retail is way better than vanilla ps you sure loose 2 much time with he subject

You really dont believe your own words
    With 2 monitors, I can post and play at the same time. Hard to understand, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    It isn't a gray area. It's black and white, its stealing.

The only unknown (gray area) is how companies go about protecting their IP, and how they police that.
    Except once we can create physical copies of anything tangible like computers, phones, etc. for free through recycling materials who is going to be pissed off then? Every company? Are they going to try and make it hard for people to get 3D printers? Capitalism is going to die out some day, people will try to hold onto it but it will go away as our technology as a species improves and some people don't like that apparently.

Deleted
    With 2 monitors, I can post and play at the same time. Hard to understand, I know.
    The game is so great that you need to come to the forum and hate on vanilla

Great fun you must be having there

See you are the example of the people ripping on the Nost crowd for the sake of it. Not for argument but because you want to bait insults from them. It's petty. And if you think I'm defending them then I've explained in previous posts that I take a neutral stance to both crowds but understand the facts of the matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    See you are the example of the people ripping on the Nost crowd for the sake of it. Not for argument but because you want to bait insults from them. It's petty. And if you think I'm defending them then I've explained in previous posts that I take a neutral stance to both crowds but understand the facts of the matter.
    I find it rather funny that he keep saying that he would NEVER associate with the Nos community because they're a shit community and toxic, but all he literally does is get a thrill being a snitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TSThrillwell View Post
    The onus is on Blizzard to provide a service and absolutely none of the people contributing to this discussion have given a realistic reason as to why they will not. It's been continually misrepresented as a task that requires a massive undertaking when two servers, one PvE and one PvP, per region (if that) would suffice as a legitimate test, and potentially be all that's needed in the end. "They know that it won't make money." Really? With no testing at all? Did they know that WoD would collapse in on itself in two months? Well, hell, I'd say they risked more on pushing that out in spite of their clear omnipotence than they ever would have by testing out a handful Vanilla legacy servers.

The sad truth is that they very likely spent considerably more on the lawyers used to shut down Nost than they would have putting out a handful of legacy servers
    The thing here is, that the effort is not in putting up servers. If you have a running software, you can scale that up easily.
    Getting 1 Server up or 20 doesnt make that much difference, considering the amount of servers they already have.

Problem is getting that working version of vanilla. They would have to modifiy both the servercode (provided it still exists) to work on modern hardware and their new battle.net-APIs and the client (implementing login for new battle.net, authenticators und stuff like that).
    Then doing all that Q&A and pre-release stuff like that. Thats where most of the expenses comes from.
    And that cost stays pretty much the same, no matter how many server you plan to open.

And nobody here has any reliable number of how many people would pay for how long, and how much money Blizz would have to invest for that.
    So I am more inclined to believe Blizz, who have atleast one of those numbers. That answer has been given multiple times: for now, its not viable
    Last edited by mmoce8449a4f7e; 2016-04-13 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TSThrillwell View Post
    I didn't play on Nost because I didn't even know about it until I saw this thread listed on the top of the site a few days ago while peeking in to see new Hearthstone cards. That said, I'm using another, similar service now.

I would absolutely love it for Blizzard to sue me for using a client that I paid full price for while maintaining two active accounts on their live game (One for me, one for my wife) in spite of how awful it is. Having them pay my legal fees in the end would be satisfying as hell. The reason people are so flippant in this thread about "theft" is the same reason Blizz won't just drag a net and sue any p server players they can identify - Many of these players have done nothing illegal at all, and have only performed actions against the TOS. Now if they want to start banning? Fine. Save me some money. I literally only log into the current shit show to run old raids for items I wish I'd won or gotten to drop in the past, purely for attachment and affection for my characters. But while they're within their rights to shut down any outside entity offering servers for their games, they're SOL re: coming after people using software that they purchased, from a legal standpoint.

Most of the people here don't feel any guilt for "stealing" anything because we friggin' paid for it. A sizable portion of us continue to pay for it, in spite of it being a shadow of its former self. We love the world, we love our characters, and yes we are attached.

The sad truth is that they very likely spent considerably more on the lawyers used to shut down Nost than they would have putting out a handful of legacy servers.

People who point to the potential spite that those making the current game might feel for the concept aren't just pulling that from nowhere. Look, just look, at the manner in which the question was addressed in that "You think that you want to that to do that" silliness. That's a customer. And not a just a $15/mo customer, but a clearly foreign customer who likely traveled internationally on top of the ~$150 he paid for a Blizzcon ticket(I haven't been since 2007 but it was around $100 then and I know it's gone up), and for what? To get publicly spat on by someone whose special skill is apparently getting paid entirely too much money to come in from a failed MMO, slowly gain position, and then inadvertently trash the work others did to make a better, more successful one? His listed reasons in the full video don't help matters any either, since many people longing for the old days are going to point to Group Finder as one of the current game's downfalls.

Blizzard made a huge mistake in tone for Mists and that was reflected by the huge influx of old players into WoD. What they see as a cyclical loss though was likely those old players realizing that the game they loved was still very much dead outside of visual tone. Even worse off, in fact, due to garrisons.

Garrisons will be my last point here, and in argument to the idea that anyone at the helm has a clue what will and will not be successful. People wanted player housing pretty much since Vanilla. Literally all they wanted was a small area that they could decorate and personalize to show off various achievements and of course to offer expanded storage. Like any other MMO with player housing. The geniuses who you all are telling me know what people want somehow bungled this concept to the point that it offers literally NONE of what players wanted, with the side effect of taking all of the game out of their game. Really?

This is about as sensible as seeing neocons like Bill Cristol back on TV explaining how to fix the mess they made out of Iraq.
    thank you.