Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *nods* It just makes me miss one of the things that kept people playing imo. Grinding out valor to purchase gear or to upgrade it. It made dungeons worthwhile and I think was also great for alts because you could work on gearing them out and only raid on your main. It is why I reallllly want Legion to have good dungeons.
    If Blizz had a similar system for WoD's dungeons, and the first batch of Apexis quests had been less gated and given similar rewards to Tanaan's I think a lot of people complaining about a lack of content might be hailing it as one of the best expansions.

The trouble is Blizz overcompensated for the sentiment that too many things in MoP felt "mandatory," and instead made too much "pointless." It's similar to how they overcompensated for complaints about Cata heroic's difficulty and gave us the snooze-fest of MoP dungeons. On the up-side I think that (as far as quality goes) WoD's heroics hit a sweet-spot, so maybe the rewards scheme and world content of Legion will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I remember trying pet battles. I think I got a pet to level 3 (or was it 5?) and said to myself "this isn't what I want to be doing". And I never fought another pet battle again.

I had the same experience with arena. I did a few arena battles with some guildies in BC, decided I didn't like it, and never entered an arena ever again after that.

I wonder if it's just me, or do a lot of people reject some part of the game forever if their initial experience with it isn't good enough?
    I tried Arena in TBC - just not my cup of tea. I like battlegrounds more, and spent the last half of TBC in them, and then in Wintergrasp in Wrath.

I tried pet battles in MoP, finally. I even leveled a team to max level, 3 pets I'd had since vanilla - a crimson whelp I'd ground on whelps for weeks in the wetlands for, a worg pup from UBRS, and the first mechanical squirrel I made back then. I did okay, until I hit end level, and learned that like anything else, to get anywhere, you have to go farm the same cookie cutter pets to take output specific pets from the trainers and the ones on the Timeless Isle, and that took all the fun out of it. Done with them.

I tried the fight club thing in the deeprun tram. Just not my thing. I think i did 3 fights, and got bored.

I tried tanking and healing in Wrath. Not my cup of tea. Healing is boring, tanking too...tanking.

Some people reject stuff without trying it - MoP being the best example. "I'm not playing LOLPandas!" Some try it. *shrug*

I played for 10 years, I think I tried pretty much everything at least once, except roleplaying. And playing a hunter. I just can't do it.

Deleted
    15611 posts about private legacy server already! 84.389 left to reach the 100.000 milestone!
    Last edited by mmoc9b149ad88a; 2016-04-13 at 07:54 PM.

I just like the sound of Mythic+ because I like how Diablo 3's seasonal play is. People that don't even want to raid can just fully gear up through Mythic+. Still waiting for more info on how it will all work but I know I'm hype.
    Yeah, from the sounds of it, they are finally working on what they said they were trying to do with WoD. Making alternative paths that will all grow your character. I'd also like dungeon sets to be a thing again. (I loved going for all my T0 pieces in Classic. Wildheart FTW. That's what my druid's mog is now. Wildheart.)

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I've deliberately been avoiding legion news; but couldn't help noticing the "scaled" mythic difficulties on the front page. They looked interesting
    I've avoided a lot of information on the expansion as well, but I knew mythic+ was something I wanted more info on it because it means some of my friends will come back to the game since they hate mythic 20 but want to do the highest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Yet you still want to play. You guys literally despise Blizzard and what they have done to "your" game, and despite the fact that you are all very vocal about that, you still want to demand they provide you your own server.

Its batshit crazy is what it is. Walk away. Everything you say smacks of addiction.

You might wanna change your tactics collectively.

The truth of it is, most of you couldn't give 2 shits whether Blizzard went under at this point. But as long as you get what you want before it does, you'll be happy. Except, that you won't because you'll just find something else to bitch about.

PS: Stealing clearly isn't the answer.
    I never said I was pro Vanilla, I hated Vanilla once I saw how much better that game got which each expansion save some of Cata and some of WoD for each class and just usability in general. I just think Blizzard should not care about it as a big picture, we all know they are trying to protect something that is their IP, and they are within their right to do it. They should just not care about it as much as they do if they are not willing to make some type of effort to help this community rather than hinder/destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Yet you still want to play. You guys literally despise Blizzard and what they have done to "your" game, and despite the fact that you are all very vocal about that, you still want to demand they provide you your own server.

Its batshit crazy is what it is. Walk away. Everything you say smacks of addiction.

You might wanna change your tactics collectively.

The truth of it is, most of you couldn't give 2 shits whether Blizzard went under at this point. But as long as you get what you want before it does, you'll be happy. Except, that you won't because you'll just find something else to bitch about.

You know what makes me want to quit... YOU. I loathe the fact that I can say that you and I share anything in common, even if it is as trivial as playing the same video game. I don't want to be associated with anything about you people.

PS: Stealing clearly isn't the answer.
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA there, buster! Are you pointing a moral finger at him, when CLEARLY it's Blizzard who's immoral for not giving in to their demands, despite having valid, legit reasons for saying no? We all know, if you profit, then you're an immoral, greedy soul sucking corporation!

I mean, c'mon, it's the first thing they teach you in ethics - if you can't have something, take it anyway.

Oh fuck yes! Talking about Legion must have awoken the WoW gods. I just got into the Alpha!

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Nost was running 1.12, the tiers were just locked initially and unlocked in progression order. 1.12 is used since its generally agreed to be the best patch in most aspects and 1.12 clients have all the content for the tiers on it.
    Nope. 1.12 was a client used. The game world was on mismatched database of 1.3-1.6 data.

You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The main reason Blizzard will not open legacy servers is that it will be force to manage and update 2 games as people are paying for it. Think if a gaming breaking bug/exploit is happening on a legacy server they will have to go back and fix legacy code as well as people will expect balancing and maintenance for a separate set of servers. it would not be as simple as replicate the current build, set flags depending on location and PVE/PVP. There is not enough money in doing so, despite what the 40-50k resubs would pay monthly to pay for developers, bandwidth, server/network admins, etc.

Oh fuck yes! Talking about Legion must have awoken the WoW gods. I just got into the Alpha!
    Sweet! If you play on PvE, I'll see you around.

Worgen Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Sweet! If you play on PvE, I'll see you around.

Worgen Druid.
    *hiss* Alliance scumbag!

*hiss* Alliance scumbag!
    Meh. The only Horde race I like is Pandaren, and they can't be druids, so... (Although, most of my characters in live are Horde. >.<)

Meh. The only Horde race I like is Pandaren, and they can't be druids, so...
    Tauren druid 4 life. Well not that I see my race either. I'm in moonkin form like 24/7.

Tauren druid 4 life. Well not that I see my race either. I'm in moonkin form like 24/7.
    My druid that started out as Night Elf 10 years ago is a troll now. I don't like the tauren models, new or old.

My druid that started out as Night Elf 10 years ago is a troll now. I don't like the tauren models, new or old.
    heh I understand that, gotta go with what ya like. Even if it means being an alliance TR-8R.

heh I understand that, gotta go with what ya like. Even if it means being an alliance TR-8R.
    I want alliance & horde to be able to guild, group, and PvE together. THAT would be awesome.

It isn't enough money for them to be bothered with. They are used to making tons of millions so I doubt they would be interested in 150k customers. Also it might show how dumbed down the current wow is compared to vanilla which is a risk to the current milking machine.

I want alliance & horde to be able to guild, group, and PvE together. THAT would be awesome.
    Yeah last two expansions or so it felt like factions haven't mattered at all anyways.