Wow, 250 pages later, still the exact same copy-pastes of the exact same lines...

The denial is stronk here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Blizzard has somewhat already addressed the issue of Nost being closed. Addressing the issue =/= creating their own legacy servers or Blizzard saying; "My bad, we actually do want 3rd parties to access & run interations of our game."

- - - Updated - - -

And this is exactly why Blizzard should never officially give you players what you want. Unless you're one of the players that is actively subbed & play on retail at the same time that you're active on other private realms than you contribute nothing to the live game. From a business perspective you don't buy the new expansions to support the product, and from a community perspective you contribute nothing new that works to help improve positive news about future content the in game community will be involved in.
    I'm one of those people. I think there are many of us.

I DO like retail WoW, I am very hyped for Legion... but I want legacy servers too. So I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    In the meanwhile a new private realm, a TBC one is getting pretty popular... over 10k viewers on twich just some minutes ago, before blizzard and white knights bann them for second time lol. Thank god they have their servers in Russia... Blizzard doesn't get it... Blizzard think we will buy legion now, but we will not. For Nostalrius!
    yeah, no more subscription from me until they wise up and give us what we actually want. What we actually want isn't necessarily a vanilla server but an experience like it, and sadly legion is pruning the game further and recycling content once again. It is a shame how many people will buy this next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they didn't even make any money

goes to show Blizzard can't stand it that a lot of folks hate their current version of the game and would much rather play an old version even if it means getting no new content ever
    Really doesnt matter if they were doing money or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Spoiled children have a strange world view.
    Having a different opinion means we are spoiled children?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by joesmoed View Post
    yeah, no more subscription from me until they wise up and give us what we actually want. What we actually want isn't necessarily a vanilla server but an experience like it, and sadly legion is pruning the game further and recycling content once again. It is a shame how many people will buy this next expansion.
    Exactly. That is all we want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

Since when do we players worry about what's better for the company and not better for the players?

Of course to some extent the buisiness plan and profitability of the company matters in the sense that if we want to be playing it long-term, we need the company to stay alive and willing to support it.

But going to extents to argue how they shouldn't give us something because it's not as profitable for them is ridiculous in my honest opinion, especially when it's only being done at this scale with his particularly sensitive issue.

Should we also argue that Blizzard should release more expansions and less patches because they get more profit that way? Maybe they should start charging for big patches?
    Maybe they should?

My point was not that either was a good choice for players. But merely to make you and others understand why certain business decisions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

Not true, especially when a big chunk of your playerbase doesn't even need to buy expansions. But let's look at WoD, and check the western (xpac buyers) numbers:
    They had sold "over 3.3 million copies" soon after WoD launch. Let's say 5M sales by now. I believe it was $50 for the xpac? That would be $250M in xpac sales.
    It's been 17 months so far, and to me seems reasonable to say there have been at least 1,5M to 2M western subscriptions each month since release. That's at least $382M to $510M on a low estimate, excluding the many quite few months subscriptions were higher + eastern subscriptions.

Now of course, the initial content and all the work they put into the expansion initially mattered a lot to keep those subscriptions up, and not just patches. But subscriptions are easily still their main source of money, not box sales.
    Oh really? So you are saying they added tokens because they though it was a good business plan to drop their "biggest money maker".

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Please show me a breakdown of revenue and expenses from WoW alone that accurately reflects your hypothesis.

If the bulk of their revenue came from subscriptions they would be doing more to keep people subscribed. Instead the game has been designed with the cyclical sub pattern of players in mind.

That's also why so much was spent on marketing WoD as compared to other expansion. Why? Because initial sales.

Bottom line is at this point, they could care less about subs. The only thing they care about are blockbuster hits at this point. As long as they can be bring 10 million players back each and every xpac they'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    And you still don't understand that just because you want something does not mean you are entitled to it.
    There is a difference to think you're entitled to something, or that you just simply want something (wish for it).
    Also it's a very legitimate wish to be able to play older versions of a game (MMO).

Just stop your entitled bullshit, please.

Quote Originally Posted by darkspace View Post
    What should they do? You people still don't realise there is no valid option to enjoy the game very many people want?
    You people need to realize that you can't have everything you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    "No, you can't have legacy servers.'
    "Wah wah wah! I'm going to kick my feet on the floor and hold my breath until you give them to me!"
    best tldr of this thread ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    You can't. Change.org tracks your email, your IP adress, and your MAC adress. It's not as simple as you think m8. Its possible, but you have to be daft to think they let such things slip by that easily.
    Yes, it IS that simple - I sign that thing 3 times and wrote how bad the nost com is just to prove a point right when the crap petition started....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    roughly 3 years ago runescape split into oldschool runescape and normal runescape. today oldschool runescape is more popular, although only a tiny bit - they are close to 50:50.
    There is a recent article about that process, and that they are happy how it turned out, because thanks to that runescape started to grow again, oldschool even made inroads into esports.
    one of their problems was that their tools were not backed up - they had the old source-code and all, but did not backup their tools to work with the stuff they did backup
    And its free 2 play

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    In the meanwhile a new private realm, a TBC one is getting pretty popular... over 10k viewers on twich just some minutes ago, before blizzard and white knights bann them for second time lol. Thank god they have their servers in Russia... Blizzard doesn't get it... Blizzard think we will buy legion now, but we will not. For Nostalrius!
    Is that the one launching today? Sounds like it will be very busy.
    I can see the appeal of TBC for many ppl after sitting at 60 for a while on Nost. My old guild found a small, well scripted, low key Vanilla progressive server that seems to be a keeper. Have fun in Outlands and beyond!

Deleted

I got nostalgia for BC (era I started in) but I just can't stand the sci-fi atmosphere, idk if I could play a BC server, I would stick to vanilla or Wrath.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    best tldr of this thread ever

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it IS that simple - I sign that thing 3 times and wrote how bad the nost com is just to prove a point right when the crap petition started....

- - - Updated - - -

And its free 2 play
    I've had better conversations with cinderblocks, no matter how much proof you have, no matter how you answer their questions with reason and logic, no matter what, as soon as they realize they are wrong, they will call it a strawman argument and ignore you.

They will pay, they wont pay, it should be included, server integration is easy, and cheap, they would profit, why does it have to be a profit, the list of excuses are baffling to say the least.

I think the answer "You think you want that, but you don't" is 100% true, they have no idea what they want, but they want it, be it vanilla/tbc/wrath and free.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow, 250 pages later, still the exact same copy-pastes of the exact same lines...

The denial is stronk here.
    Let me amend that :

The exact same copy-pastes of the exact same lines by the exact same people.

God...

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    My point was not that either was a good choice for players. But merely to make you and others understand why certain business decisions are made.
    Well can't speak for everyone, but I at least and I'm sure quite a few other people understand why such as decision is made. Doesn't mean that makes us stop wanting it happened a different way and/or showing Blizz that there is interest, in case they reconsider someday.

Oh really? So you are saying they added tokens because they though it was a good business plan to drop their "biggest money maker".

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Tokens are subs (more profitable ones too, since they're more expensive), it just happens that it's not the player that uses them that pays for them. They still get paid for at least as far as we know.

If the bulk of their revenue came from subscriptions they would be doing more to keep people subscribed. Instead the game has been designed with the cyclical sub pattern of players in mind.

That's also why so much was spent on marketing WoD as compared to other expansion. Why? Because initial sales.
    Imo the game wasn't designed with cyclical sub pattern of players in mind. The game was slowly re-designed to catter to a more casual, singleplayer-friendly and less time-consuming playstile, and that lured in a lot of "cyclical sub" people.

With that I'll agree though, the current game, with all the accessibility, durability of content, micro-transactions and ammount of patches does indeed scream of B2P. It is much farther now from being appropriate for a subscription-based model than it ever was.

I'm not sure exactly how "measurable" the marketing is, and if it is, how it compares to previous expansions. But even if it is significantly greater than usual, I'd argue that other (more likely) factors play a hand, for one how the game is older and less popular than ever and needed as much as possible to attract new people and old players back - doesn't mean they did it specifically for the initial sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Altear View Post
    So did Anita Sarkeesian, what's your point?

"You think you want that, but you don't"

sums up Blizzard these days, totally out of touch with their playerbase, I'm not even talking legacy servers, just the sheer amount of awful choices that made WoD a disaster (Most of which were brought up and talked about in the beta). They just don't care anymore, and the devs that do don't have the power to influence it really.

So did Anita Sarkeesian, what's your point?
    To be fair, SJWs make the news all the time for political reasons, an online game isn't quite the same (Though I see your point).

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    To be fair, SJWs make the news all the time for political reasons, an online game isn't quite the same (Though I see your point).
    Yeah, the BBC article is right up there with AMC allowing people to text during movies now. Such groundbreaking news they cover

Oh god...
    Here you have it folks, that's what a -10 IQ looks like.

Do I need to explain why in-game token is not antagonistic to sub revenue, or is everyone clear that this guy is an idiot?