Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    my mind doesn't work that way get the fuck out with that thinking, it's as if you're implying that they're currently doing a great job with their IP.
    I don't know how you got that out of what i said. It is Blizzard's IP. Fact. They can make legacy servers if they want to do so or they can keep saying they don't want to do it as they have said many times over the years. It is their money on the line not ours.

My thoughts on the issue about them doing a good job or not are IRRELEVANT. This is just you trying to twist it into something else.

so they've said they wouldn't do that and that's fine then let others run it right?
    Legally..well you can ask them

Illegally? NO.

my mind doesn't work that way get the fuck out with that thinking, it's as if you're implying that they're currently doing a great job with their IP.
    Then dont play it.

it's old game that you don't support anymore making it your proberty not only makes you look like a bunch of assholes but also shows how much you care for us since you deny it to me because why? because you said so
    WOW isnt supported anymore?

Good grief man.....really...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't know how you got that out of what i said. It is Blizzard's IP. Fact. They can make legacy servers if they want to do so or they can keep saying they don't want to do it as they have said many times over the years. It is their money on the line not ours.

My thoughts on the issue about them doing a good job or not are IRRELEVANT. This is just you trying to twist it into something else.
    by your logic they could quit wow altogether and close the servers "because it's Blizz's IP and they can do with it whatever the fuck they want"

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Legally..well you can ask them

Illegally? NO.

Then dont play it.

You can actually make a pretty strong case about it all things considered :P

by your logic they could quit wow altogether and close the servers "because it's Blizz's IP and they can do with it whatever the fuck they want"
    Yup. And theres not thing one you could do about it.

They can close it anytime they want.

If that is what they wanted to do they could do it. Like I said. It is THEIR IP they can do whatever the FUCK they want with it. It isn't by 'my logic'. That is just the cold hard fact to having their IP.

Deleted

vanilla wow isn't supported by them as stated many times before their focus is on legion.

You can actually make a pretty strong case about it all things considered :P
    No you cant. This unbelievably asinine idea that Vanilla "isnt supported anymore and is abandonware" is total bullshit.

vanilla wow isn't supported by them as stated many times before their focus is on legion.
    "Vanilla" wow is WoW. It is all the same package. Debate it all you want. As I said, it is their IP. It is not separate entities.

Deleted
    Because it is Blizz's IP and they can do with it whatever the fuck they want?
    Only in 'merica. Other places in the world it doesn't work that way.
    I think original WoW had big influence on world culture and it shouldn't be removed from the existence.

Just keep building mega private servers blizz will soon have to listen.

Their focus is on the NEWEST EXPANSION of World of Warcraft. Vanilla was the BASE GAME on which all other expansions are based..or had you forgotten? it is still WOW and still their property to do with as they wish.

What you want is irrelevant,

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    I think original WoW had big influence on world culture and it shouldn't be removed from the existence.
    I don't know what you can and can't do in other places of the world. But I know in America if Blizzard decided to shutter WoW this INSTANT they could do it and are well within their rights if they did. Not saying it would make a lick of fucking sense. But they could do it.

Deleted
    "Vanilla" wow is WoW. It is all the same package. Debate it all you want. As I said, it is their IP. It is not separate entities.
    vanilla as it was back then is far different then how the game is today it's an empty shell of what it once was period.

Copyright law is international in scope.

Their property their game and they can do whatever they want...including charging thieves with copyright theft and suing them in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you want is irrelevant.
    Can't argue against that. What we want is irrelevant as long that people give them money - which mean they're happy and part of the playerbase is happy.

But when the news speak of you as being the bad guy and you're about to get the same reputation as Ubisoft, maybe it's time to give a little to your customers before it's too late.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

vanilla as it was back then is far different then how the game is today it's an empty shell of what it once was period.
    And that is your opinion. I'm happy you have an opinion. Come back when you have some facts.

Then go play something else.

Right, so went from talking about the differences between games - the thing we are good as gamers -to debating legalities and using university-level theory to substantiate whatever bullshit we come up with.

Yeah, seems reasonable.

But when the news speak of you as being the bad guy and you're about to get the same reputation as Ubisoft, maybe it's time to give a little to your customers before it's too late.
    The "news"? The "news" would report it as Blizzard shutting down a piracy site. They are not the "bad guy" and the only "bad guys" are the morons who thought they could get away with software piracy.

Newsflash: The judge wont have much of a problem bringing down a guilty verdict.

(Actually he or she wont have any problem at all..its an open and shut case)