Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh... well... we'd better just ignore every petition.
    I highly doubt Blizzard will be just ignoring it.
    I bet you Blizzard will. I bet more successfully would be if every nost player, every youtuber sent a real letter to blizzard but you know what? that costs money ....
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-18 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    And on what earth do you live on that you think plausible for Blizzard to hand their old product to a 3rd party for a percentage? There would be no money to be made, after all is paid for, and they'd legaly handed an older version of their product for free to the competition.
    This is just one example of how Blizzard "could" do Vanilla.
    There are other options.
    Don't assume Blizzard has to do it your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    What claims?
    The one about Blizzard licensing their IP to a third party?
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=4639485

You have switch to an ad hominem attack, as you lack the ability to take on my argument directly.
    You're still talking to me?
    Stop it.

And it's not really an ad hominem if you yourself are beyond all logical reasoning in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just one example of how Blizzard "could" do Vanilla.
    There are other options.
    Don't assume Blizzard has to do it your way.
    "Bring back an old software that you wouldn't profit from and/or would drain money from other products or uninterested clients, just because me and a bunch of other people (whose numbers have been grossly exagerated to the convenience of those hosting illegal services) want it."

#amidoingitright?

I never claimed that Blizzard doesn't do market research.
    I claimed nobody outside of Blizzard knows what market research they have or haven't done.
    Stop making things up.
    It's a safe assumption Blizzard does market research for new products and other changes because that's an important step in business strategy, and Blizzard is a successful company. To say that they did market research before creating Overwatch is such a safe assumption it borders on being factual, for example. Vanilla servers have been discussed internally at Blizzard. They said so. So to say that they did market research about it is another safe assumption.

Since you keep disputing that assumption, it can only mean that you don't believe they did research. Otherwise there would be no reason to question that assumption. And if you don't believe they did their research, considering how intrinsic market research is to business strategy, it's up to you to prove Blizzard is being reckless in their 'business stragety'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    yeah but thing is, unless these legacy servers will make mabye 50% of their money back, blizz will not wake it, for any reason, cause if they have to pay for more then 50% of it out of their other games, it would not be work it
    Made up numbers and baseless assumptions.

The epitome of the anti-vanilla crowd.

Not understanding simple logic of: Blizz owns the game. You don't. They said no. Discussion over.

The epitome of the pro-vanilla crowd.

See, I can do that as well.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I'm just going to ignore you from now on, if all your special self can use as an "argument" is "you're assuming" and "you don't know the inner workings of Blizzard".

Do you know the inner workings of any company that wants to have profit? Clearly not. All that vanilla is making your brain dull

Btw, do you see all your claims without a shred of evidence, your parroting and your lust for a 8 years old obsolete software?
    Stop it.
    It's funny how he just dismisses people's posts as 'assumptions, assumptions everywhere!', yet he has no problems making assumptions himself when he says this:

"Blizzard could license vanilla IP to a third party and collect a percentage of profits.
    Very little investment from Blizzard, almost all profit.
    Players happy. Shareholders happy."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still talking to me?
    Stop it.

And it's not really an ad hominem if you yourself are beyond all logical reasoning in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

"Bring back an old software that you wouldn't profit from and/or would drain money from other products or uninterested clients, just because me and a bunch of other people (whose numbers have been grossly exagerated to the convenience of those hosting illegal services) want it."

#amidoingitright?
    I thought you were ignoring me???
    Instead you start right back in with an assumption filled post.
    "wouldn't profit", "drain money from other products"

Stop assuming these things to be true. You don't know. You are assuming these things are true. But you don't really know.

7+ Year Old Account

The epitome of the vanilla crowd

"oh legacy servers would make blizzard millions"

I thought you were ignoring me???
    Instead you start right back in with an assumption filled post.
    "wouldn't profit", "drain money from other products"

Stop assuming these things to be true. You don't know. You are assuming these things are true. But you don't really know.
    I like how your name is: Delete my account MMO-C Sux. It should be KingOfAssumptions. But seriously...stop with using the word assumption! There are other words!

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's a safe assumption Blizzard does market research for new products and other changes because that's an important step in business strategy, and Blizzard is a successful company. To say that they did market research before creating Overwatch is such a safe assumption it borders on being factual, for example. Vanilla servers have been discussed internally at Blizzard. They said so. So to say that they did market research about it is another safe assumption.

Since you keep disputing that assumption, it can only mean that you don't believe they did research. Otherwise there would be no reason to question that assumption. And if you don't believe they did their research, considering how intrinsic market research is to business strategy, it's up to you to prove Blizzard is being reckless in their 'business stragety'.
    Of course they do some market research.
    What market research they have done is not known outside of Blizzard.

Also, the market isn't static.
    The vanilla market for 2016 could look different than the market for vanilla in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Blizzard don't want to make legacy servers thus they don't need to do any market research for a product they have no intention of launching.
    They say they don't want to, or do they simply say it's 'not worth it'?

No business conducts market research for a product they have no intention of making - it is a waste of money.
    Y'see, here you first need to prove that they never had an intention of making vanilla servers. Especially when they have already admitted an internal desire for such.

You made the claim that Blizzard have conducted market research on the subject of legacy servers. It is interesting that rather than prove your claim you expect others to disprove your nonsense.
    I just claimed that Blizzard does what any other business does before setting forth a new business strategy: market research. If you want to claim Blizzard doesn't follow standard business practices, it's on you to prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I like how your name is: Delete my account MMO-C Sux. It should be KingOfAssumptions. But seriously...stop with using the word assumption! There are other words!
    Another ad hominem.
    "When all else fails, attack the person, not the idea."

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't you "assuming" Blizzard could lease the game to a 3rd party for a percentage in profit? Don't be a moronic hypocrite.

Weren't you "assuming" Blizzard could lease the game to a 3rd party for a percentage in profit? Don't be a moronic hypocrite.
    Take it easy on him, he must be really sad now that blizzard took his game.

Of course they do some market research.
    What market research they have done is not known outside of Blizzard.

Also, the market isn't static.
    The vanilla market for 2016 could look different than the market for vanilla in previous years.
    That is true. However, due to how famous Nostalrius was getting, I sincerely doubt Blizzard didn't try to check again if vanilla servers are profitable, now. I honestly doubt a company where its endgame is profit would willingly choose not to increase their profits if vanilla servers were truly profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    The epitome of the vanilla crowd

"oh legacy servers would make blizzard millions"

I never stated it would make millions.
    I provided some of my ideas on how I thought it could work, without providing baseless numbers.
    Sorry you are having trouble following along. Maybe your time would be better spent in your Garrison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another ad hominem.
    The problem is you're not bringing any idea to the table. You're parroting for people to stop with assumptions, following with assumptions of your own, and crying "ad hominem!" when you don't like what is said.

Were you even alive when vanilla was a thing? Your attitude suggests not.

Sums up the vanilla crowd just as much, y'know?

7+ Year Old Account
    Another ad hominem.
    "Made up numbers and baseless assumptions.

The epitome of the anti-vanilla crowd."

you are one really bad troll :P you must play horde