10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The amount of nastiness I have seen from pro-private server people on Blizzards social media about Legacy Servers with threats and bad attitude. (not all of you, I am sure some of you are constructive and just want to enjoy something you used to play and giving your point across in a peaceful and polite way.

But my god, some of the comments "give us Private servers you're game sucks" or "I wont pay for this s*** until you give us private servers" "I hope Blizzard go bankrupt for what they did to Nostalrius" Yea these people really not helping the cause here.

Blizzard would look at that and think "So these are the types of people who played on Private Servers. Do we really wanna cater to these?" I know I wouldn't. For those that want Private Servers I am happy with but most of you people are just plain nasty. And them shutting down Nost isn't an excuse especial when you knew it was going to happen anyway. One of the reason why as tempted as I was, I never played on a Private Server.

God help you in real life if acting this way gets you what you want...
    Exa-fucking-ctly

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Because there are still people who think they are entitled and/or owed legacy servers.
    Most overused expression in this thread. haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
    Blizzard may have a legal right to have shut down the Private server. But they do not, under any sort of twisted conceptual mentality, have the power to tell people what they do and do not like. That is up to each and every individual person, 5.5 Million(+?) people didn't like the current state of WoW and dropped it. Blizzard don't know and those defending their decisions can't say they do either. And to say otherwise is both arrogant and a display of how blind and ignorant you are to the reality of what is unfolding at the seams.
    No, the only ones ignorant is the "I must have vanilla server"-crew (aka Imhvsc).
    Its like your five year old kid throwing himself on the floor in a mall and starts screaming for wanting sweets and you say no.
    Its also the Imhvsc that claims everyone left the game because they dont like it anymore.
    Most people left the game cause time changes in real life (I know of 2 people who left because they died...)

Face this one solidarity truth, people enjoy different things, alot of people enjoyed the older versions of WoW. They enjoyed Vanilla, BC and WotLK much more than the previous expansions. And to try and change their mind and force upon them these changes and say you think you do, but you really don't wanna play games of the past is just....stupidity at work. Try and force them and they will walk away and either A: wash their hands of the game or B: find an alternative to playing the older version of the Game. Which was what Nostalrius offered, it may have been illegal, but it was made out of the pure passion and love of the older game. Something Blizzard obviously lacks these days.
    So if I brake into your home/car its okay when I am passionate about doing that?

Fact is you can White Knight this all you want, Moderators can try and defend Blizzard's actions all you want, but the fact remains the actions of the people are what matter in this type of situation and right now the Majority are not happy. And when they're not happy, the retail game suffers due to the failures of the developers.
    No you dont matter - cash matters for Blizzard and as long as every xpac brings in enough money and wow has a steady core of subs for Blizzard everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Most people left the game cause time changes in real life
    [Citation Needed]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I find this adversarial thing absolutely dumb as shit. You aren't supporting a soccer team in a derby.

It is quite possible to support both private servers and retail. As it is also possible to understand the people who like legacy servers without wishing to play them yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes sense because another company can take on all the risk and maintenance costs of a private server and give Blizzard a % of any profits.

It is pointless just sitting on valuable IP not letting any one use it.
    Why? Why would Blizzard ever do that? They would do it themselves if they wanted the vanilla business model. It's up to Blizzard whether this happens and not the other way around. Plus that valuable IP isn't sitting around. It's evolved. We're entering chapter 7 of the story. I feel like this is someone's ex girlfriend who they can't let go of 12 years later.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    [Citation Needed]
    LOL.

Legacy supporters/sympathizers need not provide similar citation.

The amount of nastiness I have seen from pro-private server people on Blizzards social media about Legacy Servers with threats and bad attitude. (not all of you, I am sure some of you are constructive and just want to enjoy something you used to play and giving your point across in a peaceful and polite way.

But my god, some of the comments "give us Private servers you're game sucks" or "I wont pay for this s*** until you give us private servers" "I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt for what they did to Nostalrius" Yea these people really not helping the cause here.

Blizzard would look at that and think "So these are the types of people who played on Private Servers. Do we really wanna cater to these?" I know I wouldn't.

For those that want Private Servers I am happy with how some people have given long thought out discussions about why they want it, even swaying myself, but most of you people are just plain nasty. And them shutting down Nost isn't an excuse especially when you knew it was going to happen anyway. One of the reason why as tempted as I was, I never played on a Private Server.

You are pretty big on generalization, aren't you?

Plenty of people, in this thread alone, happy with the single thought of, not the fact of private servers being shut down or even Blizzard not introducing these, but at the single fact that these players won't have these to play on.
    Now I can go with your method of reasoning and say: "This are the types of players that the No-Private Servers are. Do we really wanna cater to these people that take personal-joy in other's lack of joy?"

Luckily, I am able to tell the difference from Individuals and Collectives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    I'm back!

Yup that's correct, performance wise it would be almost the same as we have today. But for a complete experience these people that want vanilla should get a CRT monitor too (because I doubt all of you had a 1080p lcd back then).
    Actually I had better. My boss bought our entire IT team Dell ultrasharp 24" LCDs back in 2005 to take home. 1920x1200, better than 1080p. $1200 a pop and I'm still using it today.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But my god, some of the comments "give us Private servers you're game sucks" or "I wont pay for this s*** until you give us private servers" "I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt for what they did to Nostalrius" Yea these people really not helping the cause here.

Blizzard would look at that and think "So these are the types of people who played on Private Servers. Do we really wanna cater to these?" I know I wouldn't.

For those that want Private Servers I am happy with how some people have given long thought out discussions about why they want it, even swaying myself, but most of you people are just plain nasty. And them shutting down Nost isn't an excuse especially when you knew it was going to happen anyway. One of the reason why as tempted as I was, I never played on a Private Server.

Couldnt agree more. The sheer amount of shit posting from both sides just shows what a lot of people are really made of these days. I would wager also that a lot of those shitters dont even care about the topic at all and just want push buttons.

Ill also add that private servers arent any worse than live servers when it comes to the chat trolls or shitter posts. Usually those types are just ignored anyways so they arent a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    You mean protesting for something "us folks" enjoy?
    snip--

Whaa whaa, too much whinning on this thread, too little odds for blizzard to cave in to these cheapstakes.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2016-04-25 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You are pretty big on generalization, aren't you?

Plenty of people, in this thread alone, happy with the single thought of, not the fact of private servers being shut down or even Blizzard not introducing these, but at the single fact that these players won't have these to play on.
    Now I can go with your method of reasoning and say: "This are the types of players that the No-Private Servers are. Do we really wanna cater to these people that take personal-joy in other's lack of joy?"

Luckily, I am able to tell the difference from Individuals and Collectives.
    Its not generalization, its what I have seen, and if you read my post clearly, you can clearly see I said 1) there are also people that post constructively and 2) I am also a pro Legacy Server guy.

It's the ones being constructive that got me into thinking "you know I can dig Legacy Servers now".

I aint denying there isn't monkey poo being thrown from both sides but its the side of the pro-private servers that have got to convince Blizzard not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Couldnt agree more. The sheer amount of shit posting from both sides just shows what a lot of people are really made of these days. I would wager also that a lot of those shitters dont even care about the topic at all and just want push buttons.
    that's a good point I do wonder how many people are there for the drama and there to stir the pot for no reason than to satisfy themselves, which makes me feel even worse for those trying to prove their case.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-04-19 at 03:52 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted

Good thing blizz does not read mmo champ posts, or community posts at all

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I really am starting to get angry at the people who are arguing AGAINST legacy servers, its starting to anger me, ok you can have your modern wow with all your ease of access features and faceroll content while sitting in your garrison fapping, while your npc followers run about and hand u welfare epics on a silver plate, that is no problem, you pay for it, but why can blizzard not let players who want to play the older game be given that chance? it is like me buying call of duty one because i enjoyed it more than call of duty 2 and the developers telling me you think you do but you don't, and not allowing me to play on call of duty one because they want to move forward with call of duty two, who the fuck are blizzard to decide that?

If i like the older game i like the older game, and its as fucking simple as that. So why are you whitekighting blizzard saying i dont want to play on vanilla servers or it isnt going to generate enough profits, or the code doesnt exist anymore, why are people so stubborn on this forum to argue with people who simply want to play the older fucking game?

Give players the choice to play on what server they like, because they like it, not because of fucking profits. blizzard has more money than they know what to do with, and we are customers blizzard we are loyal customers to your game who made you the company you are today, remember that.

If blizzard released classic servers i, and alot of others would play on both live content, and while there is nothing to do on live i could go back to leveling my main on the legacy server, thus giving blizzard another customer paying money to pay there game. why is this so wrong, in so many peoples minds on this forum?

Players have been asking blizzard for classic servers since burning crusade ffs, and blizzard still refuse to allow us to play on these servers, when they have at least 20 dead realms clogging up the server lists, but refuse to open a couple of legacy servers and shut down these graveyard realms.

Just fucking lol.
    I really liked the original Star Wars and dumbass George Lucas messed them up also. I'd also love to have them on Blu-ray but it's never going to happen. I'll be forced to watch them on old, dated media which has no support. Sounds similar?

But at the same time those of us playing the current chapter of the game want content. More content. So when people come and petition for Blizzard to divert resources to vanilla when we've been waiting 10 months for new content it really irritates us. If they were to hire people dedicated to the project with no delay to current WoW then I'm all for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Angry posting on an unofficial forum is protest?
    You mean like what you are doing now towards something you apparently don't care about?

Take a leaf out your own book and let it go....

You mean like what you are doing now towards something you apparently don't care about?

Honestly, it's kinda sad that the wildly anti "other peoples fun" people are still posting here regularly, long after nearly every other poster has got on with things. Then again, they only came here to try to wind people up, so I guess they have kinda sad lives anyway HEYOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

I did let it go. I play live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    But at the same time those of us playing the current chapter of the game want content. More content. So when people come and petition for Blizzard to divert resources to vanilla when we've been waiting 10 months for new content it really irritates us. If they were to hire people dedicated to the project with no delay to current WoW then I'm all for it.
    There seems to absolutely no, zero, zilch, nada correlation between how much money or time or people Blizzard has working on a project, and how prolific that team is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Its not generalization, its what I have seen, and if you read my post clearly, you can clearly see I said 1) there are also people that post constructively and 2) I am also a pro Legacy Server guy.

It's the ones being constructive that got me into thinking "you know I can dig Legacy Servers now".

I aint denying there isn't monkey poo being thrown from both sides but its the side of the pro-private servers that have got to convince Blizzard not the other.
    My editing skills failed - meant to only respond up until that point that I criticized.

And I am the same way, I too didn't see a need for it before, but as this event went along I, too, started thinking "Yeah, I think I would want to play on one of these servers, especially in a content-drought period like this."

And while I do agree that it's only one side that has to convince, I can't help but to face-palm at certain anti-consumer attitudes I've seen on this Thread. Especially since it's coming consumers themselves.

Which was why I took it badly the entire "Look at no-legacy servers crowd - do we want to cater these?" - yes. Yes we want. Because it's more stuff for people to do. And that's what -every consumer- should be advocating for (within reason, obviously, lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Honestly, it's kinda sad that the wildly anti "other peoples fun" people are still posting here regularly, long after nearly every other poster has got on with things. Then again, they only came here to try to wind people up, so I guess they have kinda sad lives anyway HEYOOO
    Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black...

Also what is your definition of fun?

Repeating yourself and getting a respondent nod from your fellow Nosdrones?

Playing on Vanilla?

Or perhaps its not having a server to play on... HEYOOO!
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-04-19 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Exa-fucking-ctly
    The masses of us who play retail in this thread have been just as toxic. Yourself included. If this is the way most of my fellow subscribers act it only reinforces the comments many PS players or former players have made. The community is toxic and has been for years.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...