Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The increase that you claim happened never happened. It is as simple as that.

But I see you're busy with your silly little selective quoting game.
    You might be needing glasses, then, because there is a steady increase starting from December 2009, to October 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You might be needing glasses, then, because there is a steady increase starting from December 2009, to October 2010.
    Haha, brilliant! They did not release any sub figures in between Q4'09 and Q3 '10 the "steady increase" (as you put it) is simply a line joining two data points on a graph.

Have you two seriously been circle jerking about who's right concerning a specific quarter of subs for over an hour?

Jesus Christ. Pride's hilarious sometimes but I'm pretty sure none of us care about which one of you is right. Stop dominating the thread with your shared nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Maybe you should take a look at this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...icator-Changes

10+ Year Old Account
    So ignoring this ridic argument over sub numbers, one of the things I think is inevitable with a Blizzard legacy server: a group finder. Blizzard wouldn't be putting one in, but due to if they add Battle.net integration, we will see a resurgance in that addon tht came out in Mists for group finder (don't remember name). Good news is that I think that even with this addon, the community aspect will be there. There will definitely be an increase in premade groups (up to AV, unless they fix tht bug) in PVP which could be interesting.

Is this something people believe Blizzard should ban? Or just roll with it and leave it up to the community to use or not.

Edit: Addon was called Oqueue
    Last edited by Pejo; 2016-12-05 at 07:21 PM.

Enough of the bickering and the personal attacks. Continue the discussion based on the topic at hand and not the users within the thread. Thank you.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So ignoring this ridic argument over sub numbers, one of the things I think is inevitable with a Blizzard legacy server: a group finder. Blizzard wouldn't be putting one in, but due to if they add Battle.net integration, we will see a resurgance in that addon tht came out in Mists for group finder (don't remember name). Good news is that I think that even with this addon, the community aspect will be there. There will definitely be an increase in premade groups (up to AV, unless they fix tht bug) in PVP which could be interesting.

Is this something people believe Blizzard should ban? Or just roll with it and leave it up to the community to use or not.
    I would prefer the original experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What's your point? Why are you quoting yourself and underlining the word "after"? It even says in the sentence you quoted ".... or, more specifically, December?" Specifically in December, after 3.3, the subs remained at 11.5million (reported 31st December) which was the same as the Q4 '08 figure but less than the 12million Jean-Bernard Levy reported in the Vivendi March '09 conference call.

You were wrong why not just admit it instead trying to claim you meant something else (which is also wrong)?
    it is even worse of course as you know, china was hitting sequential new highs for some time after netease went online. western subs were declining during this period.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Oqueue the one Blizzard broke with their own group finder and the author threw an absolute bitch fit over

Honestly I think if they do Legacy they should just release it progressive. Start at 1.1 and work upwards. But that's just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in this case, ensure the Battle.net capabilities are not available to the addon API?

So in this case, ensure the Battle.net capabilities are not available to the addon API?
    I would guess so. I'm not really knowledgeable in addons or the API personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-12-05 at 07:41 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

<snip>
    Infracted: Discussion or linking articles about private servers are against site rules. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-12-05 at 08:36 PM.

Are people actually arguing if Blizzard is in the right for going after private servers? Of course they are. It's their creation.

If we get legacy in the future from them with much needed qol changes (debuff counts, quest objectives) then im ok with this, but I don't get the appeal of them releasing a game that is now completely outdated in every single waym

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Staalsy View Post
    Are people actually arguing if Blizzard is in the right for going after private servers? Of course they are. It's their creation.

If we get legacy in the future from them with much needed qol changes (debuff counts, quest objectives) then im ok with this, but I don't get the appeal of them releasing a game that is now completely outdated in every single waym

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Dude there are people here saying Transmog was the final nail in the coffin or it "killed the game". You really didn't expect that kind of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well they kind of didn't. We still don't have official ones. The noise has actually died down a lot except that one guy at Blizzcon shouting "LEGACY". I mean yeah the demand is there but where is the noise now?
    Im sorry, but when Blizzard payed them to come over and discuss the issue they certainly did take notice. And if you hear what the Nostalrius people says about the meeting, its quite obvious that Blizzard agrees that Legacy servers is something that they should offer to the fans.

There are obvious hurdles to this. The biggest is that Blizzard wants their seal of quality over it. Which means they wont half ass it. Which means that it will take some time.

Please look up what the Nostalrius guys says about the meeting. It wasnt just for show.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    Im sorry, but when Blizzard payed them to come over and discuss the issue they certainly did take notice. And if you hear what the Nostalrius people says about the meeting, its quite obvious that Blizzard agrees that Legacy servers is something that they should offer to the fans.

There are obvious hurdles to this. The biggest is that Blizzard wants their seal of quality over it. Which means they wont half ass it. Which means that it will take some time.

Please look up what the Nostalrius guys says about the meeting. It wasnt just for show.
    Not saying it wasn't whatsoever. But what has happened since then? The movement itself and noise it was making has died down a lot. All Blizzard have said recently is they wouldn't discuss Legacy at Blizzcon. Yes that leaves it on the table but what have we heard since? I never said it didn't have an effect. I said it has died down since the early days a lot which it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude there are people here saying Transmog was the final nail in the coffin or it "killed the game". You really didn't expect that kind of stuff?
    Why would anyone be against Transmog's? I have been playing since TBC and I loved when they implemented the transmog system. It allowed you to look different compared to everyone around you in the current tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    Why would anyone be against Transmog's? I have been playing since TBC and I loved when they implemented the transmog system. It allowed you to look different compared to everyone around you in the current tier set.
    It's one of a number of irrational things people try to blame subscriber losses on. In fact, these types of arguments are backbone of many pro-Legacy arguments. And it's flat out bullshit. There's no way to quantify why people began leaving the game after WotLK since we have absolutely no way to knowing this information. It's not shared with us, as consumers, because it's irrelevant to us. But that doesn't stop people from looking at the trend downwards and saying, "transmog is the reason everybody left" or "10M Heroic raiding was the reason everybody left" or "the introduction of the LFG is the reason everybody left." Just pick whatever random thing you disagree with and lump it in.

Whatever you do, though, don't try to argue against this shitty logic because then you're just a Blizzard shill shoving an anti-Legacy narrative down people's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's one of a number of irrational things people try to blame subscriber losses on. In fact, these types of arguments are backbone of many pro-Legacy arguments. And it's flat out bullshit. There's no way to quantify why people began leaving the game after WotLK since we have absolutely no way to knowing this information. It's not shared with us, as consumers, because it's irrelevant to us. But that doesn't stop people from looking at the trend downwards and saying, "transmog is the reason everybody left" or "10M Heroic raiding was the reason everybody left" or "the introduction of the LFG is the reason everybody left." Just pick whatever random thing you disagree with and lump it in.

Whatever you do, though, don't try to argue against this shitty logic because then you're just a Blizzard shill shoving an anti-Legacy narrative down people's throats.
    Transmoging is just one of the creative aspects to this game. I guess some people would rather look like mix-matched unfashionable warriors. Game is better off without uncreative people.