Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Tense protest at Dallas mosque after "protestors" show up with guns and masks

DALLAS- A tense, armed protest in front of a South Dallas mosque had police out in force Saturday afternoon.

It happened in front of the Nation of Islam mosque, reports CBS Dallas.

Anti-Muslim demonstrators, dressed in fatigues and masks and most of them armed, were easily outnumbered approximately 10 to 1 by the mosque supporters, some of whom were also armed.

Mosque supporter Purlie Gates was very upset about the protest.

"These people came to our community under false pretenses. Could we do the same thing? Could we make some allegations about a group in Highland Park and arm a militia and say we are going to go over there with arms and protest? That would have been stopped at city hall. The police would have stopped that," said Gates.

Dozens of police officers stood in between the two groups and also perched on rooftops to ensure nothing more than verbal jabs were exchanged.

In a statement released before the protest, the Dallas Police Departmentsaid, "The department is committed to protecting the Constitutional rights of all citizens and will make every effort to keep this protest peaceful."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-mus...-lots-of-guns/

This is pretty ridiculous. They show up with guns to protest? And masks?
    It's great to see that so many Dallas natives showed up to protect the freedom to practice religion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-mus...-lots-of-guns/

It's great to see that so many Dallas natives showed up to protect the freedom to practice religion though.
    I'm a bit horrified that anyone is allowed to go armed to a protest of any kind. If there is one place where tempers are likely to flare, it would be there!

Do those people want to get shot? Because that is, how you get shot...
    Yeah, going to protests, armed and masked about an already quite difficult subject, what could possibly go wrong.

Deleted
    Did you also know those "so many Dallas natives" who showed up "to protect the freedom" and so on were actually the New Black Panther party? They weren't Jim Tom and Billy Bob and John Ross and other "Dallas natives" you might be thinking of.

The point is, when one of these armed redneck hick douchebag groups such as BAIR meets armed Black Panthers, and the result is ~50 dead people, will we see Tennisace here gleefully cheering for people "protecting freedom"?

Deleted
    I heard that guns and masks really do help integration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, do you take issue with the guns? the masks? or people exercising their right to free speech?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait, do you take issue with the guns? the masks? or people exercising their right to free speech?
    Uh... you dont?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Uh... you dont?
    You know if a bunch of muslims rolled up on a christian church in masks with guns, these people would be flipping their shit.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    I wonder how many people would "take issue" with a group of armed, masked Muslim (American) members of a Muslim group, making their presence felt in front of a Christian church in some deep South state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... you dont?
    Lets see...
    the guns, its their right to carry them, so Nope, I see no problem.
    the masks, I see no law forbidding the wearing of masks, folks that want to avoid being identified do it all the time legally, so Nope, I see no problem.
    folks exercising their right to free speech, nope, I see no problem there either.

So, the answer to your question is, Nope, Nope, Nope, I see no problem at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I wonder how many people would "take issue" with a group of armed, masked Muslim (American) members of a Muslim group, making their presence felt in front of a Christian church in some deep South state.
    If they are abiding by the law, then no problem at all.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

How could anyone be comfortable with a bunch of masked men with guns in any scenario? They're looking for an excuse to use those guns is my guess, why else would they have the masks?

Deleted
    Lets see...
    the guns, its their right to carry them, so Nope, I see no problem.
    the masks, I see no law forbidding the wearing of masks, folks that want to avoid being identified do it all the time legally, so Nope, I see no problem.
    folks exercising their right to free speech, nope, I see no problem there either.

So, the answer to your question is, Nope, Nope, Nope, I see no problem at all.

Seranthor sees no problem at all with this.
    Not much to add I guess.

Well done Patriot.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people did they gun down?!

Deleted
    Are extremists like Seranthor common in US society? Out of curiosity.

In the midwest and south they're fairly common.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's extreme to believe in the law? What kind of extremist are you suggesting I am Sir?

Deleted
    It's extreme to believe in the law?
    Firs of all, was that "anti protest" allowed by law or was it a spontaneous reaction from a small group of people?
    Secondly, no. Obviously it's not extreme to believe in the law. What is extreme is to show yourself in front at a protest with a bunch of your friends, all armed and wearing skull masks, clearly looking for confrontation.
    But that is not all that is extreme. That is only the "physical" aspect of extremism. Then there are extremists like yourself that might not "physically" take part like those guys, but are ready to justify their actions, providing them with an ideology to back their little paramiltary ideas up.

Im sure the founding fathers would be proud of you.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If they are abiding by the law, then no problem at all.
    Yeah, that's bullshit and you know it.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Firs of all, was that "anti protest" allowed by law or was it a spontaneous reaction from a small group of people?
    Secondly, no. Obviously it's not extreme to believe in the law. What is extreme is to show yourself in front at a protest with a bunch of your friends, all armed and wearing skull masks, clearly looking for confrontation.
    But that is not all that is extreme. That is only the "physical" aspect of extremism. Then there are extremists like yourself that might not "physically" take part like those guys, but are ready to justify their actions, providing them with an ideology to back their little paramiltary ideas up.

Im sure the founding fathers would be proud of you.
    if the 'anti protest' was in violation of the law then the law enforcement officials present would have arrested them. See how that works.
    Wait, armed and masked is extreme? Hmm, Will that be your position universally? or just for this particular case?

Exactly what kind of extremist are you suggesting I am sir?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very one sided article. The New Black Panther Party and Nation of Islam movement are just as bad as these masked men, it wasn't like they stood outside a random mosque.

Here is a typical picture of the one of the innocent groups being oppressed...