Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I understand that. But encouraging exercise should be a topic worth discussing, even in the highest places of government. Theres a chance they promote owning a car and using it because it means more money to the oil & gascompanies and car manifacturers.
    The first part is true, for sure, the second is just conspiracy speculation.

And regardless, no amount of government intervention is going to help those who are 20 miles from their school get closer to it. The way things are already established, building more sidewalks or encouraging riding a bike really is not a realistic solution. What we have works, just differently than others.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So the people that literally live across street can't walk their 5 year old to the school? Buses aren't going to stop that close to the school, so that isn't an option.

It is sadly hilarious that the school is supposedly doing this for child safter, but that is about the dumbest approach that I can think of. They are just forcing even more traffic problems which is an increased hazard to the older kids (4th through 6th grades) that are probably walking to school on their own.

This is just a lazy attempt by a lazy principal to address a concern that is probably not even valid in that area (looks like a pretty well-off section of a suburb well north of Houston).

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Not a chance.
    This kind of stuff doesn't make it into print, which is dying pretty much everywhere, in the same way it makes it onto online sites. It's designed for online sites, because it's fast news that you can post in minutes with little to no fact checking or actual journalism, knowing full well it's going to make the social media rounds and drive tons of clicks because of outrage.

I know it's not going away until it stops generating traffic/revenue for sites (which won't be for a long, long, long, long time, because people are fucking stupid), but let me keep this small glimmer of hope : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This kind of stuff doesn't make it into print, which is dying pretty much everywhere, in the same way it makes it onto online sites. It's designed for online sites, because it's fast news that you can post in minutes with little to no fact checking or actual journalism, knowing full well it's going to make the social media rounds and drive tons of clicks because of outrage.

I know it's not going away until it stops generating traffic/revenue for sites (which won't be for a long, long, long, long time, because people are fucking stupid), but let me keep this small glimmer of hope : (
    No.

Abandon all hope ye who enter the domain of www.dailymail.co.uk.