Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Totally agree. Leave the mythic dungeon system in place, which allows you to gear up for Mythic raiding and have mythic be the only raiding available. Love it.

But I think you would find that people have grown so accustomed to LFR that it would be quite a shock. I'd like to see them make LFR drop heroic 5 man level gear. If it's truly a "tourist" mode, then the gear shouldn't make much difference. I hate the idea of so many raid difficulties, but I think 2 makes sense. Four is outrageous IMO.
    I know they are never gonna do it, but I think raids should have rising difficulty within them. Like Vanilla Naxxramas. First few bosses aren't that hard, then it gets progressively harder and only dedicated raiders can clear the whole thing. That way everybody gets to see the content. But at the same time, content feels challenging, there is always something to look forward to and you don't force people to kill the same bosses on several difficulties. In addition to that, have casual raids like Zul'gurub, AQ20 and Zul'aman. Vanilla and TBC really had it perfect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Even with Mythic being added, would you have done them if they didn't drop the heirloom trinkets? Hopefully the new Mythic system will be more useful as the expansion moves along.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. Leave the mythic dungeon system in place, which allows you to gear up for Mythic raiding and have mythic be the only raiding available. Love it.

But I think you would find that people have grown so accustomed to LFR that it would be quite a shock. I'd like to see them make LFR drop heroic 5 man level gear. If it's truly a "tourist" mode, then the gear shouldn't make much difference. I hate the idea of so many raid difficulties, but I think 2 makes sense. Four is outrageous IMO.
    I honestly didn't even know about the heirloom trinkets until the first one dropped. I thought they were part of the prepatch. I started doing them just for the Valor. Hence why I believe Valor was the perfect solution for this tier
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. Mythic is fine for those who do it. they need to neuter catchup and stop making content invalidated so people actually have content to work on.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

mythic gone = top world 500 guilds clear content first 2 weeks, no-one even gives a fuck about world first because heroic is not hard.

so as long as they release a raid tier every 3 weeks this sounds great OP!

In all seriousness, I think one raid difficulty is a good solution. I understand others feel different, and entitled to their stance, but hear me out. I think instead of making bosses more challenging and balancing difficulties, we need to revert back why it took guilds so long to clear instances. Raids are showering us with gear. Gear has been homogenized so multiple class/roles can use. I know I am going to get a lot of people who disagree with this, but bringing back (i.e. spell damage, + healing) would hinder out-gearing encounters. The better guilds will kill the bosses at lower ilevel. The mid tier to lower skilled guilds will eventually kill bosses by doing it at higher ilevel, (i.e. badge reward gear) or many weeks of farming bosses. And, to get to the next tier level, you'll want to farm up all the gear from the current, which will take some time and get rid of tier skips, or make it worthwhile for guilds to casually go back to farm gear. This allows to spread out content over time. I don't know, maybe it's not the solution to raiding, but it's so fast paced, that you finish the content in weeks to a few months and then there is nothing left worthwhile to do.

At this point, what does WoW have going for it other than a solid competitive PvE endgame and history? Other MMOs do storyline and questing as well or better, I'm sure some have PvP that can rival or surpass WoW, but it's still the big daddy of raiding. Losing that niche would probably not help this game's competitiveness.

Anyways, one raid difficulty would be ridiculous. Top guilds can already clear mythic in 2-6 weeks, even middling mythic guilds can clear heroic week 1 almost always. This sole raid difficulty would not only have to be size locked, which would hurt pugs and casual guilds a ton, if it was difficult enough to interest competitive guilds it would absolutely slaughter about 75% of the raiding population. LFR may be superfluous, but normal/heroic/mythic (with the current setup of normal and heroic actually having differences) is a pretty good division imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    its not removing challenging content it means your getting more content faster and you get more challenging content because its faster, youd have normal and heroic but because they arnt doing mythic and wasting resouces on the same bosses you would get another raid teir so youd still get an added difficulty but with more unique boss fights more pretty gear and less boredom of running the same raid for almost two years

You know hardcore guilds clear heroic within the first day right?

Heroic is a fucking joke for hardcore raiders, so this would actually let 90% of the hardcore raiders quit wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    In all seriousness, I think one raid difficulty is a good solution. I understand others feel different, and entitled to their stance, but hear me out. I think instead of making bosses more challenging and balancing difficulties, we need to revert back why it took guilds so long to clear instances. Raids are showering us with gear. Gear has been homogenized so multiple class/roles can use. I know I am going to get a lot of people who disagree with this, but bringing back (i.e. spell damage, + healing) would hinder out-gearing encounters. The better guilds will kill the bosses at lower ilevel. The mid tier to lower skilled guilds will eventually kill bosses by doing it at higher ilevel, (i.e. badge reward gear) or many weeks of farming bosses. And, to get to the next tier level, you'll want to farm up all the gear from the current, which will take some time and get rid of tier skips, or make it worthwhile for guilds to casually go back to farm gear. This allows to spread out content over time. I don't know, maybe it's not the solution to raiding, but it's so fast paced, that you finish the content in weeks to a few months and then there is nothing left worthwhile to do.
    You are forgetting people have gotten way better at the game.

In vanilla it took months to kill bosses because literally everyone sucked dick at the game. (besides some bosses being overtuned (yet boring))

I don't think it would "cure WoW" but I do believe that are these different "modes" (it's getting even more convoluted in Legion) are bullshit.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What WoW really needs is to stop skipping tiers. Having only one relevant raid tier is such a bad design.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.