Poll: Are the new Artifact Skins going to be on the Cash Shop?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    I... have a problem with it. I want all the content of the game to be avaliable in-game, because I don't want to spend more than the box + sub. If they place things in the cash shop, it is development time that, in my opinion, should've been spent in things achievable for the game, because I like those more.

The above is pure personal opinion about the subject.
    You DO have all the content in the game. You will have 5 artifact skins in game that you can get from dungeons/pvp/raiding/whatever. They will probably add more with every major content patch.
    Then, Blizz offers you an EXTRA skin for your artifacts for real money.

I've never used the game shop and I live just fine, but I really do have a hard time understanding why people hate it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Who says the Artifact skins we unlock will be going away after the expansion?
    Blizzard expressly said on multiple occasions that the artifacts are a Legion feature and won't be going with us beyond.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    It's fucking blizzard if they tried half as hard as the final fantasy developers im sure that wow would still have like 10 million subs but; they're like haha we can make more money selling artifact skins to people who will struggle with 4 buttons on their keyboard and then selling packs of cards to said people in hearthstone!
    We talking about the final fantasy that had 2 end game dungeons and a 4 "boss" raid for the first 5 months after the expac? Yeah, I dont know how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    We talking about the final fantasy that had 2 end game dungeons and a 4 "boss" raid for the first 5 months after the expac? Yeah, I dont know how they do it.
    in their defense they're running 2 different MMOs and at least FFXI still gets content updates like clockwork. Which is more than can be said for Blizzard. And now that I think about it....FFXIV went 5 months without an update? lol, oh no. When was the last WoW content patch again...?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    You DO have all the content in the game. You will have 5 artifact skins in game that you can get from dungeons/pvp/raiding/whatever. They will probably add more with every major content patch.
    Then, Blizz offers you an EXTRA skin for your artifacts for real money.

I've never used the game shop and I live just fine, but I really do have a hard time understanding why people hate it so much.
    Which mean he doesn't have all content in the game lol. It's not really hard to understand that people want everything to be ingame when they pay 15$ a month to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamm View Post
    It's fucking blizzard if they tried half as hard as the final fantasy developers im sure that wow would still have like 10 million subs but; they're like haha we can make more money selling artifact skins to people who will struggle with 4 buttons on their keyboard and then selling packs of cards to said people in hearthstone!
    Final Fantasy XIV has a store that sells outfits and such aswell as other usable items. Great comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I have not heard about this and now I am rather irritated. To answer the question yes I am very concerned because now we can't even have artifact weapon skins, we have to pay for those too. Yeah of course people will say "oh but we have plenty of in game skins as it is!" yeah but that's not the point. We should have ALL the skins in the game right from the get go. What makes these skins so special that they have to keep them from us and ask money for them? Why couldn't they just add it to the game? Was it so fucking cool and special that they were like "you know what? these skins are so cool we're going to put these aside and add them to the store for people to buy. Our fans are suckers so it's easy money lol". You know it's going to range from $10-$30 too just like the pets and mounts. More overpriced shit that people will buy anyway and continue to support this business. "I don't see anything wrong with it" then you're fucking blind.

This is complete bullshit. I am so sick and tired of developers keeping certain things behind a fucking money wall because it looks so unique and special. "Oh but they're a business, they have to make money somehow" stop with that shit because that's a bullshit excuse. Yeah we're well aware they have to make money but do they really have to do it in a way where it fucks us over like this? Nickel and diming their customers over little shit like cosmetics? I mean isn't the character services and subscription enough? You mean to tell me they're not making enough money from the MILLIONS people who are paying a $15 a month? Bullshit. It's just like that moose mount they were going to put on the store too until enough people told Blizzard that it was such bullshit and they were like "ok ok we'll have it as a drop in game". So it must not have been that necessary to put a price on it. It shows that they totally could afford adding it in the game for free.

So in conclusion they better fucking not have this as a store item to buy. If they do then I hope there is enough people who will voice out to Blizzard and tell them to knock that shit off just like they did with the moose mount. There is NO reason for them to do this other than plain greed.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Yeah... 5 months. Which is still shorter than what Blizzard does for WoW. Also they release a new major patch every 3 to 4 months with actual content in it and they also have small content updates inbetween. Check your facts again. Blizzard does the shitties job of releasing content for their MMO. And they are taking their playerbase for granted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Which mean he doesn't have all content in the game lol. It's not really hard to understand that people want everything to be ingame when they pay 15$ a month to begin with.
    How hard is to understand that you pay the monthly fee to PLAY the game. Every raid, quest, arena, battleground, dungeon, continent and so on is aviable in game, that's what you pay for.

Cosmetic are an extra, they're not game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV has a store that sells outfits and such aswell as other usable items. Great comparison.
    Outfits that were previously in game. Yeah it's a shitty comparison because Blizzard would make something new for the store in order to take your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a waste of money to buy a skin for something you'll only use for an expansion.

How hard is to understand that you pay the monthly fee to PLAY the game. Every raid, quest, arena, battleground, dungeon, continent and so on is aviable in game, that's what you pay for.

Meanwhile at CDPR "We feel that because you've already paid for the box, cosmetic stuff should be free."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Blizzard expressly said on multiple occasions that the artifacts are a Legion feature and won't be going with us beyond.
    Curious, does this mean we won't be able to transmog them anymore as well? Or do they mean just the feature itself?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's also the fact, once Legion is over, the skins will be meaningless.
    ^I imagine this is the more important thing to think about when tin-foil hatting whether or not they'll be cash shop items.

It can only be a cash shop item if they plan to have these artifacts forever, or allow us to transmog to these artifacts in the future. Which frankly wouldn't be terribly difficult for them to do.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted

What are you smoking? Of course they are game content. My 15 dollars a month goes to development, and as a result these skins are being made. For the money I pay, ontop of the box price I would like to able to attain EVERYTHING developed for the game by playing the game. That is why it irritates people. I should be able to earn anything they develop for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's funny to see the same kind of people claiming skins are content while a harder difficulty is not content
    Oh, you're one of those people that think just because you pay 15 you are entitled to Mythic gear and whatnot? Well great, the content is there lol, it's your fault you can't beat it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Then it's a expensive game to play. I don't care what's the purpose of my monthly sub - my concern is: Fred, the 3d Model Guy, made this staff. And now you can only get it paying extra. In a parallel universe, Fred made the staff, and the staff is a extra rewards for when you defeat Magnus the Oversheep in-game. In my opinion, the extra thing should be avaliable in game. I like more things in the game. The more, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This mostly explains my point, but: even if the game was just 20 bucks without sub, I would want more things avaliable in game without cash shops. It will totally not happen, but I want it to. Because the more stuff I get for the smaller price, the better. When the stuff gets too expensive (box + sub and if I want that extra something, I have to pay a little extra), I jump boats for something with equal value but smaller price. Not exactly saying that the stuff in the cash shop is oh-so-expensive, but the price doesn't match the value that I, in my sane mind, gave the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hahahaha.
    Could you imagine the backlash if Blizzard removed "content" just to introduce it into the store?
    And here you are, seemingly defending it.
    They didn't remove anything, the events had ended. It's outfits like christmas ones and whatnot. You could get it while you had the chance. Next year's same event will have different outfits.

Blizzard had the same outfits for the same events since they started appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Some people would allow it. I, for one, am kinda tired of the multiple-dipping that Blizzard has going on.

No other game could get away with it. Blizzard better be happy that they have the most loyal players on their side who are okay with this sort of thing.
    I think most people are tired of the multi-dipping.

I wouldn't believe it until I saw it tbh, no reason for me to think otherwise right now until I see the change. Could be fleshing out another reward system. Even if they did though, it's just another cosmetic thing like the transmog helms