Poll: Current state of WoW

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziibii View Post
    So you are against censorship, but you want all remove all negative discussion from these forums by strict moderation? In times like these, we should all make praise threads how good expansion WoD is and how there has never been so much playable content?

There is nothing positive to talk about anymore, thats it. People are fed up with Blizzards bullshit and empty promises. Thats reality and you need to wake up to it.
    (Since I've been warned I will only discuss my personal opinion on what I think passes for useful threads)

I think discussion and discourse and arguments are perfectly fine, but there's a difference between making a post called "My reasons why I don't find WoW fun anymore" and if it's fully thought out and well written, versus a post "this is why wow is dying" and listing one issue that is subjective as though it were fact and is the only reason wow is struggling. One way leaves it open to interpretation and rebuttal and discussion. The other shuts down all discussion by implying that your pet peeve is fact and is a broader issue than it really is.

Most people are convinced their feelings and opinions are the only ones that matter and that's why certain threads are useless when they encourage arguing opinions rather than discussing them. There's a way to handle disagreement without turning to negativity.

Even if you think WoW is terrible and has nothing good left to offer, not everyone feels the same way. You insist that it's the "reality" people are fed up but it's not necessarily the truth. This is exactly the type of argument that breeds only negativity and has no positive merit in a mature discussion
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted good but needs changes. Specificly back to multiple content updates, and forget about taking away flying for most of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's really easy to believe everything is terrible, and it's a common misconception.

People are pretty happy and content. Millions are. The problem is that the people who are happy and content don't say anything (unless they're really emotional at the moment). The people who aren't, do. So you get a huge amount of backlash and feedback that is negative, but, when paired with the whole population, is actually pretty damn tiny.
    So much this. I just wish others had the capacity to process and accept that statement.

Mostly here on general discussion, same as on the wow forums.

Everyone whines and talks about vanilla icecream.

Playing in a bad expansion will probably mean a bad/unhappy community in return. Then again, WotLK is considered the best expansion and it had so much complaints flooding the forums.

Deleted
    I think it needs a lot of work. And a major paradigm change. But thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    So much this. I just wish others had the capacity to process and accept that statement.
    Not really. It's not even an opinion anymore that there are insane problems with wow these days. There was over a year content gap at the end of MOP and now there is an expansion with a single content patch and another year+ wait for an expac again. Horrible design decisions aside, there is just nothing to even do in the game anymore and yet they have the largest dev team ever. If you still are happy playing WoW then its probably not the quality of the game you care about.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's really easy to believe everything is terrible, and it's a common misconception.

People are pretty happy and content. Millions are. The problem is that the people who are happy and content don't say anything (unless they're really emotional at the moment). The people who aren't, do. So you get a huge amount of backlash and feedback that is negative, but, when paired with the whole population, is actually pretty damn tiny.

My sentiments exactly. While there aren't as many people subscribed now as there were during other expansions, I think it has more so to do with the game being as old as it is, and the people who were interested then have gotten older and moved on to other things. I have gotten older and moved on to other things as well, but that just means I don't raid hardcore anymore, just play casually as I still thoroughly enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Current state of WoW is that players are whining entitled shits, and gaps in content just brings out the absolute worst in them.
    for the most part i agree... gotta find the diamonds in the rough when it comes to guilds and people to play with
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Actually the people who are really discontent leave, which is pretty telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoD sucked stinky gonorrhoea-infested donkey bollocks.

Of course we're pissed!

Plus there's a content drought and there's very little non-dungeon/raid info on max level content in legion. Which has many of us worried.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    MMO Champion forums are free. Terrible community.
    Nostalrius was free. Terrible community.

Freeloaders that have nothing but time on their hands are the reason why things feel this way. If they had jobs and didn't spend all day worrying about Blizzard and/or video games, things might be better.
    This is pretty damn accurate. Way too much free time on their hands.

I think OP hit some of the bigger points about why WoW is in a deplorable state. I think the biggest problem Blizzard is having is the content droughts and not listening to the community.

The content drought without a doubt is the biggest issue WoW is having at the moment. They've been talking for years about releasing content faster and expansions quicker, but we've seen the opposite of that with WoD being the absolute worst. The content droughts historically are the biggest killer for WoW or any MMO because if you aren't finding ways to keep your base coming back, they will naturally drift away and try other things. Releasing an expansion with a single patch eight months later following the previous 12 month no content drought isn't exactly a way to keep your fans happy or coming back. Releasing multiple difficulty modes with ilvl modes isn't engaging content, its a blatant insult to player's intelligence calling it extra content.

My other complaint is Blizzard just doesn't listen at all or well. Granted, we won the flying battle as a community, but there's other things that the community has suggested in the past that Blizzard completely ignored or later tried and went with it because those ideas were "truly good ideas". The biggest one for me was finally removing PvP Stats and making PvP items and soon all items scale in PvP. Holy shit blizzard. This idea was only suggested since Vanilla and it took you 11 years, millions wasted into analyzing the issue, and probably million mores failing to implementing your fail solutions because you didn't want to listen to your base. Sometimes your base is actually right and its worth trying those ideas out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It's only "terrible" because of content drought and poor planning by Blizzard, the leveling was great, the dungeons were good, the raids were good, the zones were nice.
    Exactly. WoD has good content, but too little of it, and lasts way too long. Legion should have been released last November, then WoD would've been liked much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

I voted bad but needs a lot of work as the game in my opinion isn't good anymore, but growing up in the NES days I have real experiences with games that are truly terrible which WoW is nowhere near yet.

Infractions: 2

It was worse before Legion announcement, after that it is a little bit better
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    My sentiments exactly. While there aren't as many people subscribed now as there were during other expansions, I think it has more so to do with the game being as old as it is, and the people who were interested then have gotten older and moved on to other things.
    I'm not sure that's entirely the case. There was a big surge in sales when WoD came out, which shows that there's still a lot of people out there who want to play WoW.

7+ Year Old Account

There might be "millions" that play and enjoy the game but in the first few months the game lost like 6 million players, over half its customer base just went " nope fuck this" and quit. It's kinda a stretch to try and make it seem like most people are happy with the game when in fact they aren't, better yet so many people dislike this game and have quit that blizz wont even report the numbers anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell I've been defending Blizzard through a lot of harsh threads and been a loyal subscriber since day 1, but with WoD I barely have anything good left to say. I still love WoW though, more than any other game, but I'm extremely bitter when I compare it to how much better it has been in the past. Doesn't even need to go that far back, MoP turned out to be really good after the first tier was over. They really fucked up everything in this expansion, it's as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    There might be "millions" that play and enjoy the game but in the first few months the game lost like 6 million players, over half its customer base just went " nope fuck this" and quit. It's kinda a stretch to try and make it seem like most people are happy with the game when in fact they aren't, better yet so many people dislike this game and have quit that blizz wont even report the numbers anymore.
    They didn't lose half. They gained a lot of players at the start of WoD who checked it out and then left. They did lose some, but didn't lose very much overall compared to where it had been prior to the launch.