Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah well, 710 gear is still miles behind mythic gear, sorry to burst that bubble.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yeah well, 710 gear is still miles behind mythic gear, sorry to burst that bubble.
    It's a start though

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP will set you fine, if PvP is not for you, a couple of days in Tanaan will set you right, also you can upgrade your crafted gear to ilvl 700+ (can't remember the exact values now).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    Very easy and quite fast in my experience. I boosted a rogue five or six weeks ago, this week I got my legendary ring. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rogue/advanced
    lolololololol
    i stopped reading after that link gives a toon who got level 100 near the start of WoD so you didnt just boost him 5-6 weeks ago... also, it is physically impossible to get the legendary ring from nothing in 5-6 weeks. stop talking out your ass.

Ring Quest Achievement Dates
    Chapter I -- 16/11/2014
    Chapter II -- 07/01/2015
    Chapter III -- 12/03/2015

I don't understand some people.
    Last edited by Donimic; 2016-04-12 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    It's a start though
    Exactly, it's merely the beginning, but people throw a shitfit at it somehow being a big deal to have 710 gear whoop dee doo, congratulations, you might be geared enough to do the upper wings of hfc heroic?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Catching up an alt is also way easier in HFC.

If you have a tank or healer spec on a main, you can run random heroic dungeons when they have the bonus loot bag available. You get a metric ton of baleful tokens and upgrade tokens (ones that take you to 695). Send them all to your alt and u can instantly get an alt to 695 ilvl. Crafted weapon with good stat rolls will be BiS until you get into Heroic HFC so buying one is a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    lolololololol
    i stopped reading after that link gives a toon who got level 100 near the start of WoD so you didnt just boost him 5-6 weeks ago... also, it is physically impossible to get the legendary ring from nothing in 5-6 weeks. stop talking out your ass.

Chapter I -- 16/11/2014
    Chapter II -- 07/01/2015

Achievements on bnet are shown accountwide

heres my paladins progression
    And it could've been done faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    lolololololol

Chapter I -- 16/11/2014
    Chapter II -- 07/01/2015

Not sure if serious or trolling :P

http://i.imgur.com/D5f1FvV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wYnyg8n.jpg

My armory shows when I hit level 100 on my mage which was 7 hours or so after release so yes, pretty early in wod. Obviously it also shows when I did the different ring stages on the mage as well.
    Last edited by vvaniish; 2016-04-20 at 01:51 PM.

Legendary ring is time consuming... if you wana keep up with top 3 but the raid itself is cake. Arch and Manni only real hard fights in there

Deleted
    Well fastest ways is if you have couple of good geared friends is Get some Bale/PvP honor gear
    Make a group with your OP 740 friends in to HFC normal reserve this and that then jump in to HC reserve something who miss there...get hope that rng god likes you and maybe you will get finished with full 4 set and your trinkets in 1 week then simply start working on your ring do archi + all myths for valor after you get the legendary ring and after 10 weeks weeks you will end like 725+ with 795 ring
    If you got a band of 740 friends you can skip the first step and jump with them stright in to myth dungeons so you will get valor capped before you get the legendary ring done and that are around 4 upgrades stright
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-04-27 at 11:56 AM.

Adding on to this, if you have any friends that are remotely competent at PvP you can have them carry you to 710 in a day if they have the patience. I carried my friend from fresh 100 (he was still in heroic SoO gear as he just came back and I did an elixir of the rapid mind bonus objective run to get him to 90-100 in an hour or so) to 710 in a day and I'm a garbage 1500 hero. Was probably the most efficient gearing path outside of carrying him straight up through HFC. After that it was relatively simple to get us in to heroic pugs/my guild's alt runs in order to accelerate his gearing even further. Also, a lot of the mythic boes that aren't wf/socketed are falling in price from what I've seen. I bought the mythic leather ones for example for like 26k each on a high pop server for my monk. I've seen the mythic cloth belt go for like 20k at one point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTruck View Post
    Im backing to wow from a pause of 9 months (dropped at the end of brf), want to know the state of the gear catch-up, if it's hard and/or if is worth in your guys opinion, im 681 targeting a minimum of 710 to do heroics with friends.
    And what is recommended to farm gear now these days.
    Upgraded baleful is 695 and mythic dungeons drop up to ~705 if warforged. It shouldn't take long to get there, particularly if you can queue tank or heals to farm the satchels (they have free baleful upgrade tokens sometimes).

I started playing again in December after a 3 year break. I haven't really even raided yet (not enough to be significant), but I've geared four toons to 710+ just through Tanaan dailies and mythic dungeons. At this point in the expansion, Blizz is fairly throwing gear at us left and right. Epics dropping like greens.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"