Poll: is Trump gona beat Hillary?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And I'm curious what would happen to said polls if Trump gets the nomination, and Kasich-style moderates and Cruz-style conservatives are set loose. I'm serious. I have no idea what will happen. I'm fairly sure "most" Sanders supporters would pick Clinton over Trump, but I don't know how actual Republicans feel.
    Could've been ABC Nightly News or some shit but I guess across all major demographics, Trump is unfavorable by pretty much everyone, even by his base (uninformed, white people) by like 55%. Wish I could find the poll to back it up but I'm sure it wouldn't be believed by any Trump supporter.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I'm curious what would happen to said polls if Trump gets the nomination, and Kasich-style moderates and Cruz-style conservatives are set loose. I'm serious. I have no idea what will happen. I'm fairly sure "most" Sanders supporters would pick Clinton over Trump, but I don't know how actual Republicans feel.
    Wisconsin exit polls showed that nearly 1/3 of republicans would not vote, vote for Hillary or third party rather than Trump.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sanders doesn't get the vote, then I'm voting Trump. Hilary will just dredge us along as we've been doing, and that's not good. Trump will either spiral us into Anarchy, at which point we can hopefully rebuild, or will be assassinated and we can all have a good laugh as the guy/gal who shoots him is awarded the Medal of Honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Could've been ABC Nightly News or some shit but I guess across all major demographics, Trump is unfavorable by pretty much everyone, even by his base (uninformed, white people) by like 55%. Wish I could find the poll to back it up but I'm sure it wouldn't be believed by any Trump supporter.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cf6_story.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    even if trump is bad for the USA short term over time its going to be one of the best things to ever happen

PC culture and all this bullshit
    so much abuse from SJW's calling people racist or sexist for no reason
    You are going to be one disappointed puppy if he even gets the nomination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    If Sanders doesn't get the vote, then I'm voting Trump. Hilary will just dredge us along as we've been doing, and that's not good. Trump will either spiral us into Anarchy, at which point we can hopefully rebuild, or will be assassinated and we can all have a good laugh as the guy/gal who shoots him is awarded the Medal of Honor.
    Uh no. To wish that on Trump (the assassination) is pathetic. So don't count me amongst your "we".
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The last poll I remember had 7% of Sanders voters voting for Trump over Clinton. There was a relative high number intending to not vote at all in that scenario, but it is likely that quite a few of those will come around over time. Overall the democratic party is (at least at the moment) far less divided than the GOP. Especially when you consider that the GOP has more of a three-way split since Cruz isn't really a establishment candidat either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    even if trump is bad for the USA short term over time its going to be one of the best things to ever happen

PC culture and all this bullshit
    so much abuse from SJW's calling people racist or sexist for no reason
    Poor little Daish can't kill whoever he wants because it's illegal...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You don't even know the half of it.. Thank goodness Trump has all these sadistic crazy kids from overseas defending him in the false belief they can kill whom ever they want overseas when he "becomes president."
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-04-09 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Sebastian View Post
    In my opinion, Trump is gonna take it home, he seems to have so much support than Hillary
    Then your opinion is pretty wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cf6_story.html

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Uh no. To wish that on Trump (the assassination) is pathetic. So don't count me amongst your "we".
    Cool, thank you. Was trying to look it up and gave up on it on because I'm tired from work.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Oh, it's worse than all that - with Trump's current (un)popularity levels (including among Republicans, many of whom will not vote for him in November), this is what the map looks like in November:

The biggest landslide since Reagan trounced Mondale. (I put Utah in grey, because while it may not vote for Clinton, the citizens of Utah will disqualify their own electors before they'd let the state vote for Trump.)
    Oh yes. I've seen these models. And frankly, this is what I see happening too. Obama hugely outperformed the "minimal victory" map laid out before in in 2012 versus Mitt Romney. From the elector/map view, 2012 wasn't even close.

However in arguments like this, I prefer the "minimal victory" route because it insulates the argument from being accused of an overly optimistic view of how things can go, and it accounts for upsets.

And the upsets are concerning. I'm particularly concerned how voting station cuts / VRA changes / voter ID laws - all completely illegitimate changes implemented by republicans in the south because they refuse to actually attempt to win fair, square and honorably, can skew things. I think by laying out a map that says "Hillary will win with 273 votes versus trump", it somewhat accounts for the fact that, for all we know, those anti-democratic abuses have a wider, more significant effect in say, North Carolina versus Florida.

Of course realistically, I wouldn't be surprised if she won NC, FL and the map looks much like you linked. Particularly since many Republicans will never vote and never campaign for Trump (or Cruz).

as a Brit this is what i want to happen.

23/06/2016 > UK leaves EU by voting "Out" in the in/out EU referedum
    08/11/2016 > Trump wins US presidential election

this could be the year of memes. where memes become a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    No and no... Excited about political debates? Am not a masochist nor a sycophant...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

what about Sanders? He out or something? Thought he was wrecking. He whould for sure wreck donald (d)rumpf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    what about Sanders? He out or something?
    He's been "out" according to the Hillary campaign since before the primaries started, because, you know, democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You realize that when we are not threatened with arrest many Germans don't consider those dark days right...?

We had a strong country and a unified purpose. Hell if Hitler was a smarter man and didn't start a war on two fronts or the Japs didn't get all uppity and attack America we would be looking at a very different and arguably a better Europe then we have today. Hitler wasn't really a evil man or at least we don't consider him to be. Yes he did terrible things in war but to put it in perspective the allies murdered millions more with the atom bomb...

In the grand scheme of things I feel a bit of envy towards you. Right now Germany needs a Trump and quickly if anything is to save us from this foreign horde destroy our nation.
    This post, everybody, is why it is so important to learn lessons from history books so that people like this do not rise up and create another World War...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    This post, everybody, is why it is so important to learn lessons from history books so that people like this do not rise up and create another World War...
    History is written by winners.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So true...omfg...

Trump while being the front runner can still miss out on the GoP ticket. There is a reason Rubio is holding on to his votes even though he has left the race. If he joins up with John Kasich they jump to the top of the list and due to favor with the GoP and the delegates they have would get the nomination. Of course there are people that will argue Trump is tanking at the end on purpose so this happens and he can play the victim and go on for years about how much better of a job he would have done.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Trump while being the front runner can still miss out on the GoP ticket. There is a reason Rubio is holding on to his votes even though he has left the race. If he joins up with John Kasich they jump to the top of the list and due to favor with the GoP and the delegates they have would get the nomination. Of course there are people that will argue Trump is tanking at the end on purpose so this happens and he can play the victim and go on for years about how much better of a job he would have done.
    I don't see how he is tanking it. He has already made statements that his signing of an oath to not run 3rd party if he loses is meaningless. His last loss has resulted in him releasing his wall payment plan, which doubles down on his initial spike of support. The only thing that has changed with Trump, is that with more time, he is putting down more of his policy on paper. He was never a guy who's support was tied to policy. As his biggest draw back becomes more and more visible, he starts to seem like he is tanking. Trump biggest issue is time... The longer the campaigns run and this cycle has been the longest yet, he will need to back up his rhetoric... The more he does that, the more people will turn away...

There were people on this forum who claimed he was for universal coverage, but then his plan is posted on line and slowly that support is going away. He is supposed to be against the war history of his predecessors, but then he posts a video on his you tube page of 'bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon', confirming conspiracy theory of US Middle East intervention. That support is going away. He has support on him taking down China, but his current site now lists bolstering troops off the coast of China and making it easier for foreign business to establish in China. So that support is thinning there. He claims to go after banks, but now his site lists closing tax loopholes, by making them part of the tax code.

Even his support of NYC against Ted's rhetoric now seems strange, when his son posts a meme of Supranos 'welcome to NY'. With not only Supranos being from NJ, but also confirming Ted's implying New Yorkers are violent thugs. Simply, he is full of shit and with time, the smell is getting so bad that even his hard core support will eventually smell it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    History is written by winners.
    Video recordings, diaries, and personal accounts of hate speeches, among other terrible things, used to unify people are also made by loosers... and they do rather help with the Winners in writing history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when you are older and maybe a little wiser you will understand that evil isn't really a thing. Each person does what they believe is right and trying to paint a person as evil is simply ignoring a large part of history. For fucks sake read what you quoted besides the high lighted part I an starting to suspect you charge into brick walls head first in your free time.

Trying to learn the entire scope of history and figuring out when and why something happened shouldn't be met with witch burning...
    Evil is a thing. Assholes like Hitler may think their actions are justified, but evil is a thing. Massacring the jews was evil. Osama bin Laden was evil. Slamming airplanes into the WTC/Pentagon to kill almost 3000 people is evil. ISIS is evil. Throwing gay people off buildings is evil. Evil exists and is real.

- - - Updated - - -

No I am trying to point out in utter vain it seems that there is more to history then a body count. I don't hand wave away what Hitler did but to ignore the good he did as well is foolish. For all this talk of Trump being the next Hitler is depressing amount of people seem to have zero idea of what Hitler did outside of things involving Jews...
    Hitler did a few good things. He turned around the economy and built the autobahn.

But those few things are horribly overshadowed by all the terrible shit he did.
    Putin khuliyo