Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fuck...well now to open like 1500 of them >.<

I wonder if that is the boe gear, the bop class gear, or potentially both. Going to wait for the prepatch ptr before I crack open 5k boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Fuck...well now to open like 1500 of them >.<
    Lucky you, I'm up to 12000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess I don't understand this. Whatever the work order thingy needs? That you cannot open them anymore and need to place them as work orders?
    nah they are just removing the blue class sets from the boxes, likely adding them to something else in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Since we're discussing transmog stuff anyway, I think this is a good time for a PSA. Theres a blue-quality world drop cape from Cata mobs called "Ritssyn's Ruminous Drape." that has a chance of coming from salvage crates. In the 'wild' it has a very low drop rate, and a pretty unique color/design that is red/orangy gold and very luxurious and royal looking. according to comments about it, back in the day it used to sell for 20k on the ah because it was a pretty good intel cloak. I managed to find a copy for my transmog for just like 800g, and a few days later another appeared on the AH.

My point is, unless you're comfortable with paying Far out the ass for it when it becomes ultra rare again, or love grinding cata mobs, I Really suggest if you find it, you hang onto one of those suckers. Link for convenience so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=67131/ri...ruminous-drape
    Or you can just click "same model as" and see you can get exactly the same mog from old justice points vendor for measly 254 gold and no farming...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58193/haunt-of-flies

I think they are removing ALL player items, i.e. GEAR from the salvage crates. Meaning blue 610 sets, all old world + Draenor weapons and armor, 665 BOE items.
    What is left is probably salvage, follower gear and Draenor mats.

They are probably doing this to keep some players from earning too much gold by selling transmog items on the AH.
    I think the market will boom even more when you can use an item once and then delete it ands till keep it with the new transmog system.

Otherwise people would still use the Garrison too much to try and fill the transmog tabs.

I guess I will once again get salvage yard on all my alts and open it all the week before Legion or pre-patch drops.
    Last edited by Dronk; 2016-04-15 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    nah they are just removing the blue class sets from the boxes, likely adding them to something else in legion
    Got a source on that? Them removing all gear sounds much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Or you can just click "same model as" and see you can get exactly the same mog from old justice points vendor for measly 254 gold and no farming...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58193/haunt-of-flies

Lol xD I didn't realize--I just read the comments on the item I mentioned and they said the color was unique. Maybe when that comment was written it was before the other item was released? I don't know, but its nice that that wont be a factor after all! Good looking out <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dronk View Post
    I think they are removing ALL player items, i.e. GEAR from the salvage crates. Meaning blue 610 sets, all old world + Draenor weapons and armor, 665 BOE items.
    What is left is probably salvage, follower gear and Draenor mats.

They are probably doing this to keep some players from earning too much gold by selling transmog items on the AH.
    I think the market will boom even more when you can use an item once and then delete it ands till keep it with the new transmog system.

Otherwise people would still use the Garrison too much to try and fill the transmog tabs.

I guess I will once again get salvage yard on all my alts and open it all the week before Legion or pre-patch drops.

Damn I forgot about those class specific armor sets o.O I'd better get to work on my alts and collect those pieces!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

This boxes should stack up to 200 or 1000...

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    This boxes should stack up to 200 or 1000...
    agreed. brb stockpiling crates.

gear will be removed, but the change will not affect the ones that already are on your bags

id like to know if its just the blue gear from the boxes or all of the boe stuff as well. luckily i preped for this and opened 5k boxes awhile ago and also made 4 guild banks and just banked all the items. i still have 3k of them left so i started selling the greens and keeping the blues/purples and only banking those on another bank alt i had. clearing up just what "In addition, you may now discover player items in Salvage.." means would be nice tho....

"If you watch Godzilla in reverse, it's about a giant lizard repairing Tokyo and then Moonwalking into the ocean."

Quote Originally Posted by ridamark View Post
    id like to know if its just the blue gear from the boxes or all of the boe stuff as well.
    All the gear for sure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarcraftD...31512083202048

It's safe to save the lockboxes and open them after the patch. The boxes you own now won't change.

Also, the 610 blue sets will still be there. There was a tweet about it.

They couldn't create "Replica" gear (i.e., cosmetic, BoP, vendors for 1 copper) because... reasons... so they decided to punish anyone who wasn't in WoD by not letting future players get access to the greens/blues/purples available through the Salvage Yard.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they decided to NOT nerf the existing crates after the pre-patch hits. Pile up, people!

Deleted
    Only one question remains.

We now know the ONLY change coming to pre 7.0 crates is the vendor value of follower gear.

How much gold are we losing by opening the crates post 7.0? (lets say per 1.000 crates for easy math)

More importantly, what exactly prevents you from opening crates now and mailing all useful BOEs to a bank alt? If there's less than a month before pre-patch the mail won't even have time to expire and bounce back.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just open your crates 2-3 days before pre-patch, send BoE's to an alt and keep them in mail, shard the class BoP's, profit.