Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Exactly ....

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklab View Post
    Fast pulling is great. Running from pull to pull without holding aggro on more than a handful of mobs is what drives me crazy with a lot of uber-geared tanks in mythic dungeons....doesnt matter if I'm healing or DPSing, those tanks are causing deaths thinking they're doing some great service to the group. (And before you call me some "elitist hater type" - I have a 733 DPS and a 732 healer) I've had far more "easy/smooth" runs with tanks in 720-730 gear. Not saying all high level is bad, I've seem some truly amazing tanks pull big and hold threat on every single add...those guys I'll run with every time. I'm starting to think a lot of the "pull many, aggro few" tanks are playing off-specs in mythic dungeons and don't know basic tanking mechanics all that well.
    or maybe they are used to good dps/heal knowing not to do anything till he pulls all packs he want and then aoe everything down once all trash between bosses are gathered preferably while using ring and utilizing its explosion on boss -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-05-04 at 11:06 AM.

I rarely play DPS anymore, but if a tank's pulling too fast to control aggro I just stop DPSing until I'm confident I can do so without pulling.

If that approach works and things go smoothly, great. If the tank pulls too much and dies, kick'em and get a new one

I'm a fan of the fast pull, after the first couple times running a dungeon, there's nothing new to see

There is individual fun and there is group fun.

Let's say there is a quest item you need for a fun quest, and the tank has already pulled another fight. If the fight is close by, I would probably help with the fight and get the quest item after the fight. If the fight will take me away from the quest item, I would get the quest item and help with the fight after the quest item.

So help with group fun when you can, but don't let it ruin your individual fun.

There is no point in going slow man. You aren't going to win this debate.
    You are there to level. The faster, the better for 99 percent of players.

Just keep up, or queue as something other than healer.
    9/10 times tanks can legitimately solo packs anyway, so there should be no stress on your end either way.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I have a problem with the tanks pulling literally non stop till the end of the dungeon, putting me the healer at the edge of my seat to not stay behind. I don't have a problem with fast tanks, I enjoy them. What I dislike is faster than fast. They don't even give me time to loot quest items. Yes it is leveling dungeons. I usually have to lay on hands them to save them, and 1-2 times even that wasn't enough to save the day. It is very stressful to me who is a 11 year player. I can't imagine how horrifying it would be to a relative new player.

For those who will say "communicate" and ask them to pull slightly slower, communication rarely happens according to my experience. If I step back to type "slow down" he is literally dead. I am afraid of being victimized by douchebags and get kicked from the dungeon.

I remember the times when I was tanking, I was looking to simple things like not LOS my healer, and give him some time to breath!

What's up with all this craziness and the speed races in non mattering leveling dungeons?
    if you don't communicate then you propagate the issue. if the tank can't self sustain while doing the super fast pulls, then they are a bad tank. let them die and then say oops, oom, you're going too fast/pulling more than you can handle.
    yes people will probably complain, and might even boot you. if you are a healer, requeue, lesson learned, hopefully by both parties.
    since you are talking about leveling dungeons, then you really need to say something. just remember there are A LOT of really bad tanks (healers and dps). i've avoided most of it myself by pretty much only tanking. since i've played for years on several different tank classes, i kind of have an idea of how much i can pull to survive, what abilities to expect to be used against me, etc.
    when i tank WoD heroics on my dk for the satchel (and thank the lord only for the satchel. that is the 1 reason i even bother doing WoD heroics anymore since i can solo all of them and have been able to for a loooooong time) i tell the group when i am going to chain pull and i pay attention to the healer. most times when i forget to say anything a huntard would pull everything anyways.
    off topic slightly: thank god blizz put that item you can get from blingatron that nullifies any misdirect ability. I love watching huntards try to do my job for me. i will let them die and only them. i have no problem with aggro and can pull for myself tyvm.
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-05-07 at 12:29 AM.

i always find it a good way to level....lol, when i leveled my healer i loved fast tanks cause i didnt have to worry about ppl going afk for no reason for 10 mins and basically spending 30+ mins in a dungeon...my suggestion is just do the best you can to keep up...if he is pulling so fast you dont have time to recover mana then let him die and drink up, when he complains say that you needed to drink its as simple as that.

Deleted
    As a tank while leveling, given my own 11 years of playing this game, I won't be dying, I will be pulling very fast, I will be interrupting and I will be done with the dungeon asap. Good tanks equipped with heirlooms can solo every leveling dungeon. The rest of the group is there to provide a faster run. Likewise I couldn't care less who pulls and runs ahead, all mobs end up tanked in the end.

Get a loot-a-rang and assign a hotkey to it instead manually looting everything and your life will be much easier. Talent into speed boosts so you don't fall behind when collecting non-mob quest items, speed potions are also cheap and quests are your own responsibility. Otherwise feel free to set me on follow. This is how I play my healers too. If you encounter such a tank, you know healing will be a breeze and you can stop being lazy and contribute some DPS. Everyone benefits from finishing as fast as possible, time is precious, you will die some day, so make the most of it. After all that if you still really need me to slow down, tell me, and I'll hit my AoE button 0.5 seconds slower, adding a massive amount free time for you.

The absolute most reliable metric of determining how frustrating your run will be is your own skill. All of the problems you've described I myself have not encountered. I always seem to finish my quests and not fall behind while making sure I do my job the best I can. You've been playing for 11 years as well, you should have realized this by now.
    Last edited by mmoca02319a572; 2016-05-09 at 04:17 AM.