Savage defense up time

Hey all, I was looking through some stuff and since the top logs are so short fights where everyone focuses on dps, I was curious what everyone's opinion on a good Savage defense up time, both with and without the guardian of elune talent.
    Thanks!

outside of raids i dont use it since its not cost efficient, it costs 60 rage for a 45% chance to dodge and 20% reduced PHYSICAL damage for 6 seconds, or i can spend 60 rage on frenzied regen and get back 200k+hp(ilvl 730), but ideally i believe the goal is 60-80%(not an expect i just use it on cooldown in raids)

as far as i remember though, GoE is trash outside of kilrog if you are tanking him. because it makes the DR useless and tier set useless(which i feel it already is). Everyone I know says to use pulverize, i personally dislike pulverize but a 100% uptime on 15% reduction of all damage is really good. I personally prefer brizzling fur to block big hits(combined with barkskin and SI you can reduce iron reaver stomp that is supposed to 1shot you down to like 20k damage)
    Last edited by Neudgae; 2016-04-10 at 03:58 PM.

Pulverize is the highest throughput damage reduction but not necessarily the most useful talent. On most fights, throughput damage is not going to kill you if you are remotely competent. Bristling Fur is excellent for the vast majority of 'dangerous' boss mechanics.

Certain bosses have mechanics that make Guardian of Elune useful. Mannoroth comes to mind - you can guaranteed dodge the entire damage from Glaive Thrust if you have GoE-Savage Defense up. This is probably better than Bristling Fur which would be a 40% DR to glaive thrust and massive blast, with a chance to dodge glaive thrust.

Awesome feedback guys, yeah I asked about goe because I noticed that on top survivability logs there was a mix of pulverize and goe, more pulverize of course, but yeah that's what I was curious about with goe like on the manoroth part.

Goe is god mode in Tyrant, too

Deleted
    I personally go for GoE on Tyrant, and Pulverize the remaining.

However that is due to our kill timers. On Xhul progress, I normally went for BF as that is is very strong for Flurrys. However at the moment I never take more than one where a SI is more than enough and the pulverize is nice for his melee hits as i tank the boss for most of time.

On progress i also used BF for Mannoroth over GoE, and this is due to 2 things. Firstly my SD would last the entire duration of the glaive thrust. Secondly the dmg taken by the blast was by far the most dangerous and you would normally have enough rage, if you are hit with the glaive to FR it before being hit by the blast. Currently on Mannoroth, I use pulverize as I found right after progress, it is a much nicer talent if you are soaking the hand. You can also easily survive it with pulverize up + Barkskin. If you screw up and get it by it without SD, use SI instantly and you should be fine.

For every other boss, I always took pulverize.

I hope that helps. If you can link some logs, I would be happy to go through them and tell you where you can improve. If you are too shy to link them in public. You are more than welcome to link them in an message to me.

Awesome info thank you, that is exactly the info I wanted to know. I do understand why pulverize is better, I was mainly curious as to GoE and BR since I want to understand all of them instead of just saying Pulverize better rest suck GG. Thanks again!