Why can't casters shoot with staves?

Like using wands to auto attack. Even if it did 1,000 damage.

Would let us:
    1. Do something when moving with no instant casts available
    2. Hit totems without needing to waste spells on it, if the spells can even be cast on totems (GG afflic locks)
    3. Interrupt node caps. GG for many casters where a lot of their spells don't actually stop the capping
    4. Something to do when OOM. Most rarely goes OOM now but it does happen. (Zakuun fast burn and HP too low to life tap)

Would it really be that OP to let staves fire a blast of something off that does white damage and doesn't generate resource?
    Wands are so rare to just limit ranged shots to them

10+ Year Old Account
    That would require that Blizzard did its job.

Pfft, a new motto for Blizzard is "Less is more". And you ask for actually adding more stuff to a game? How dare you.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    LiLi does it in the Monk Artifact quests in Legion~

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Inb4 you won't get any constructive feedback cause of people like ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Inb4 you won't get any constructive feedback cause of people like ^^^
    The second post in this thread gave you the fullest and closest to truth answer. What more feedback do you need?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Great idea, in all these years I have dreamed about this, we use magic and spells, our magic weapons should do just what you are saying, it is Hillarious that blizzard has not dune it before, it is a core things about your class and since it would be something your character does it will be content that would always be with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    why can't the casters also use their own staves as a flying mount. i mean witches can ride brooms, why can't i ride my edict off archimonde.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Aaaaand /thread
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Surely now that blizz is redoing all the animations at least some spells use the staff/weapon casters use? surely?

oh you mean ranged autoattack, surprised wands still have that tbh.

I would rather casters use their weapons to cast spells instead of being glued to their backed//hips.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Ever since the TBC trailer, I wanted casters to actually wield their staves. But I don't think it'll ever happen. It would look so uber cool if they could use them while casting. I'm so sick of the casting animations. And looking at the new spell animations for melee, I'm so jealous.

Would be lovely to see some more right click ninja pulling, except this time without Feign Death.

One of the reasons I never liked casters is because their weapon is basically just back decoration. It would be awesome if you could point your staff and shoot a fireball, but nope.

It would make casters too fun they'd be like hunters flinging little auto attack spells. Blizzard is against fun in WoW.

Holy shit.. this never actually came to my mind in fucking 10 years. fuck sake give the man beer. I am serious. why? lore wise why? technical reasons would be blizz is just lazy. I don't know have an option to toggle auto attack for range to stave or wand option.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Blizzard can't fix the model update yet, they won't spend the time at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

https://youtu.be/ChxJ-zTayqU?t=18

You mean like that? How its like in FFXIV? Yeah it would be awesome. I'd love to be draining my enemies soul into the staff that my Warlock has equipped.

edit; Sorry miss read. You actually meant auto attacking from weapons.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-13 at 01:26 AM.

interesting i was fully expecting this to be about using them in casting animations (something blizz wants to do). It would be cool to make a basic arcane / nature / fire /etcc.. bolt as the auto attack for staves wands. Wants used to cause i level a priest as holy with improved wand spec
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

they can do that in tree of savior