Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Restricted realms - A realm where certain things are restricted. No Flight, No Heirlooms, No Shared AH, No paladin for horde, no shaman for alliance, Fresh mount journal, fresh pet journal, exp gets turned off at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 100 and wont be activated until you complete that expansion's raid / dungeon content.

Would you play on a restricted realm? Is it time we introduce these realms?
    stop dreaming about vanilla, it was slow, painfully, bad spec, bad combat with no style, boss with no real strat, boring like hell

Deleted
    For those saying it would take too many resources, it wouldn't take that much

Var LevelCap = 60
    if (ClassicRaidMeta & ClassicDungeonMeta == Complete){
    set LevelCap = 70
    }
    The Basic Idea (I think) and if you join a lower raid you get timewalking scaled down?

Also without heirlooms, the lack of gear available to 60s before mc is crap blues + the pvp gear (restrict the pvp gear in a similar way? need x hks to unlock etc) So it wouldn't be as faceroll as you think. It may not take a full group but would take at least 10-20 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The only extra server I would like would be a sort of hardmode server. Stuff like "All creatures in the open world have 100% mehr life and deal 50% more damage. All creatures in dungeons have 50% more health and deal 25% more damage. Raids are unchanged." And the only reason why I would create an extra server for this would be because with something like a buff this wouldn't work on a normal server. As soon as you would group with someone (especially in dungeons) how exactly would it work for the group or other people? Buff or no buff?
    Love this idea, maybe with LFG restrictions?

Also not sure why so much hate on this thread

What about ladder realms for each expansion? There could be seasons...

brilliant idea, because what a game with a declining player base needs is further splitting up of the players

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there would be a really large group of people who would actually play on these realms. It wouldn't be a bad idea, do you think? Why is removing some conveniences a bad thing if its just a realm restriction? Hence Restricted realms.
    You remove too much QoL there won't be a 'really large group of people'. It's 2016, not 2004. Right now I could almost classify you with the Nost defenders Jaylock, looking for Nostalgia in the wrong places. Gating expansions would be just fine. But eliminating some of those perks make those less gates and more complete brick walls.

Deleted
    Hmm Jaylock. I'll bite anyway...

All of this is possible already, it's called self control. Most of those things you listed can be achieved already, like no flying and no heirlooms (pro tip: only use ground mounts and don't equip the heirlooms *shock*).

This is why I don't understand the anti-flying crowd. Fair enough YOU don't like flying and think it ruins "immersion" (LOL), but forcing others into not being able to fly is just stupid and selfish.

Deleted
    He did not answer the question about gnomes yet.

I'm not asking or advocating vanilla / bc / any expansion servers. Im saying Blizzard should created a few restricted realms with my proposed restrictions. Its not sugarcoating anything except your own ignorance.

I bet there would be a substantial amount of players who would play on these realms.
    Read the two last sentences. Restriction, the way you put it, is the exact same as backtracking. And they will not do it, so why even make a discussion about it? They clearly want the game moving forward (Don't get me wrong, I hate the path it's going) and will not put any resources in what you're asking, simply because those are resources they are (and should) use for matters going forward, not backward or put to a halt.

The ignorance is you, creating this thread, with the same arguments used a thousand times before you, and believing it will sway anyone. (Blizzard, that is.) And btw, these ideas should be posted on their forums, seeing as MMO doesn't represent Blizzard.

Oh fuck, guys I got baited into a Jaylock thread. Fuck me, right?
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this keeps up we'll have a different realm type for everyone in the game.

The answer is no, Jay. Just no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    there is only one response to this.

Restricted realms - A realm where certain things are restricted. No Flight, No Heirlooms, No Shared AH, No paladin for horde, no shaman for alliance, Fresh mount journal, fresh pet journal, exp gets turned off at level 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 100 and wont be activated until you complete that expansion's raid / dungeon content.

no you wont get legacy servers no matter how hard you cry but your tears are delicious

fuck im half asleep didnt notice its usual jaylock trollbait ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there would be a really large group of people who would actually play on these realms. It wouldn't be a bad idea, do you think? Why is removing some conveniences a bad thing if its just a realm restriction? Hence Restricted realms.
    You would need a really large group if you're forced to do 40 man raids to progress to 61...

Deleted

Okay, another legacy realm troll. Move on, nothing to see. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Such minor restrictions, no. Kindda a dumb idea to thin out the waters even more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Seems like a waste of resources when the player is fully capable of doing everything the OP suggests on their own.

7+ Year Old Account

Some of those options, are just another way to say Vanilla Servers. Also, making a dedicated server that don't have heirlooms, would be a waste of a server. The same with flight, no shared AH and many more. You could put some of them together, but where do you stop. If it is not to make specific expansion servers, then people will always ask for more! "Add expensive mounts again!, Remove DKs from the game!" People will always ask for what is personally best for them. It is catering to personal preference, which will never end good.

It would be fun with hardcore servers though, where the game is just much harder to play... But that is something that blizzard should put a lot of work into, which is something they would never agree to.

You know, you can do this yourself. If you feel people want this, make a guild on some server and level by these rules. The only thing you won't be able to do, is not share the AH, but I'm not sure what difference that makes. You won't notice anything when the AH is being shared. Oh, and you need a new Battle.net account + WoW if you want the empty journals, but that's a choice you can make as well. So why do we need Blizzard to spend time and money on a server like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeryn View Post
    Read the two last sentences. Restriction, the way you put it, is the exact same as backtracking. And they will not do it, so why even make a discussion about it? They clearly want the game moving forward (Don't get me wrong, I hate the path it's going) and will not put any resources in what you're asking, simply because those are resources they are (and should) use for matters going forward, not backward or put to a halt.

The ignorance is you, creating this thread, with the same arguments used a thousand times before you, and believing it will sway anyone. (Blizzard, that is.) And btw, these ideas should be posted on their forums, seeing as MMO doesn't represent Blizzard.

Oh fuck, guys I got baited into a Jaylock thread. Fuck me, right?
    This is actually a half-decent argument that changed my opinion a little. While I do like the game better the way it used to be, can't we just hope the future will be like Vanilla or BC rather than hoping we can languish in our nostalgia forever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    You can play one right now, just not nostalrius.
    Solid burn, right there. Well played.

OT: Nah, seems like a step back, if anything starting from a couple of months back when HFC patch dropped, is that taking away things, never results in happy endings.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.