Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    See you think that I'm simply going to give up because a group of poorly educated, very uninformed, hateful, insulting, reactionary posters spew outright lies that are so obviously disproven by scrolling up a few posts and quoting the exact text ...but I'm not.
    You are failing at the exact same moment they are. They assume without an explanation, you retaliate without an explanation.

This could have ended with you simply responded with something like... 'They all fail because most people comment or note the negative, far more than a positive.' Which, I think is what you mean...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account

Now my comment was pretty simple. I particularly felt it worth acknowledging True Islam because its something I respect and wished it was given more attention as it is a healthy distinction between hate and civility.
    And then went on a rant about True Black Leaders and True Latino leaders and that the message had failed. You have no interest in a real discussion. You were on your usual soapbox and frankly don't deserve the respect you are asking for. Perhaps you should work on that if you want to do anything but shout into the wind.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The bold part is the issue people are having. If you want to clear up the misconception, please elaborate on what you mean by fail.
    Well now that's a perfectly valid question.

I guess the very reason why they fail also demands that the statement itself be explained for they are both symptoms of the same problem.

First I would say the reason they fail is not because they are bad or because they should fail.

Bur rather because the current loudest narrative on the entire Middle Eastern radical Islamic issue is that there is no such thing as radical Islam.

We see this in the refusal of leaders such as Hillary and Obama to even say the phrase "radical Islam" or in the way that the White House edits the audio translation of French President Hollande to remove each mention of radical Islam he spoke of, and in the way that the supporting Left-wing media surrogates are in a constant state of apology and misdirection when it comes to advancing their narrative.

And because the second loudest narrative on the entire Middle Eastern radical Islamic issue is one that is so persistent that it blurs the perception of the very distinctiveness which True Islam wants to define.

We see this in the way that leaders such as Trump are always and only giving attention to the violent and the killing, and in the way that the supporting Right-wing media surrogates are in a constant state of alarmism when it comes to advancing their narrative.

So the True Islam platform is failing because it is being defeated by louder voices, one that that doesn't want any attention paid to the fact that radical Islam exists and one that wants all attention paid to the fact it does exist and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And then went on a rant about True Black Leaders and True Latino leaders and that the message had failed. You have no interest in a real discussion. You were on your usual soapbox and frankly don't deserve the respect you are asking for. Perhaps you should work on that if you want to do anything but shout into the wind.
    You were unaware of True Islam.

You were unaware of how using an relative supporting examples helps to illustrate the matter at hand.

You were unaware of the substance behind those supporting examples.

You were unaware.

Perhaps you should work on that before you attack me with your knee-jerk nonsense.

But don't worry I hold nothing against anyone here and every new post is a chance to have a better conversation.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account

You were unaware of True Islam.

You were unaware of how using an relative supporting examples helps to illustrate the matter at hand.

You were unaware of the substance behind those supporting examples.

You were unaware.

Perhaps you should work on that before you attack me with your knee-jerk nonsense.

But don't worry I hold nothing against anyone here and every new post is a chance to have a better conversation.
    And you once again prove my point. You aren't interested in discussion. You just want to be on your soapbox telling everyone how they are wrong and only you are right. The fact you want people to give you the respect of an actual conversation given your constant behavior is mind boggling.

While I'm sure there are legitimate islamaphobes/"racists" who view all Muslims in a derogatory light, I feel like it is also used as a straw man quiet often.

I know there are average, good Muslim citizens around the world. Millions of them. That's not my concern. My concern is for the sizable (and apparently growing) population of Muslim extremists and extremist sympathizers who are causing very real problems. I sometimes feel like this constant "not all Muslims, it's not Islam" parroting is distracting from the discussion on how to fix the current problems with the Muslim who are actually bad.
    The current fundamentalist Islamic culture of certain parts of the world, whether because of its size or because of its strict adherence, is breeding a lot of dangerous entities.

The OP shares a nice story, demonstrating that Muslims are people like the rest of us and are capable of great good. And that's nice, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just bringing this all up to say, a lot of those who are talking about issues with Islam already know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And you once again prove my point. You aren't interested in discussion. You just want to be on your soapbox telling everyone how they are wrong and only you are right. The fact you want people to give you the respect of an actual conversation given your constant behavior is mind boggling.
    I come in talking about how I admire a Muslim organization that has a great platform for fighting against radicalism, intolerance, and ignorance.

You all turn it into "ZOMBERGY HATES MUSLIMS AHHHHHH!!!"

Sorry, you were wrong haha.

There's really just no other way to explain that.

You could have done what Felya did which was ask a question in a respectful and civil manner but you didn't do that.

Soooo... I mean what do you want from me guy?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

7+ Year Old Account

Soooo... I mean what do you want from me guy?
    I have already explained what the issue is for you. You expect the respect of an actual conversation when all you do is soapbox, telling how everyone is wrong and you are right. And I want nothing from you. If you can't understand what it takes to have a real conversation at your age there is nothing I can do to help you reach that understanding.

So? Why is this news worthy? Are we suppose to just accept that radical islam terrorism happens now, but don't worry the Religion is friendly too because look at this one hug?

Sorry, no. People do things every day in the name of Islam. one of those things is brutally kill and oppress people. Its a fundamental core tenant of the book. Just because you hugged a guy doesn't change that.

And by the way, the drunk guy shooting bullets at a fucking mosque should be in jail. How the fuck isn't he? Writing death threats online, multiple times, owning a shit ton of guns, getting black out drunk while owning guns and posting death threats online, and then firing at a fucking mosque. Which, I presume was empty at the time, but still.

Did he go to jail? If not, then why? Seriously how safe would you feel living next to this crazy fucker. Ironically he sounds exactly like a radical muslim, only difference is the radical muslims aren't needing to get drunk to follow through with their grizzly plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I sure wish that people would remember that prior to 9/11 that the largest terror attack on U.S. was the Oklahoma City bombing that was orchestrated by two white Christian Conservative males.
    Except it had nothing to do with religion.... People keep citing that just because someone was Christian it had something to do with Christianity whereas 9/11 was a part of a Muslim holy war.

Just as when real Latino leaders speaking about the problems of illegal invasion fails..
    ...illegal invasion?

I'm more than willing to bet you never saw it as an "invasion" until Donald Trump recently told you they're all killers and rapists.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    They probably took a look at his shooting and felt like signing him up.
    Am I a bad person for laughing at this so bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Have you ever actually spoken to a Muslim? They are mostly fairly dull, nice people.

I can't imagine what sort of extreme media brainwashing you must have been subject to be filled with such irrational hatred.
    Excuse you!? I am a fucking a delight and a pleasure to talk to. Wait till I tell you about my stamp collection, that will show you.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    So? Why is this news worthy? Are we suppose to just accept that radical islam terrorism happens now, but don't worry the Religion is friendly too because look at this one hug?

Sorry, no. People do things every day in the name of Islam. one of those things is brutally kill and oppress people. Its a fundamental core tenant of the book. Just because you hugged a guy doesn't change that.

And by the way, the drunk guy shooting bullets at a fucking mosque should be in jail. How the fuck isn't he? Writing death threats online, multiple times, owning a shit ton of guns, getting black out drunk while owning guns and posting death threats online, and then firing at a fucking mosque. Which, I presume was empty at the time, but still.

Did he go to jail? If not, then why? Seriously how safe would you feel living next to this crazy fucker. Ironically he sounds exactly like a radical muslim, only difference is the radical muslims aren't needing to get drunk to follow through with their grizzly plans.
    A core tenant of the old testament was sacrifice and there were many wars that were waged supposedly in the name of god, alledgely justified by the old testament. Does that make all jews bad people, or christians by that matter ( the inquisition; supposedly justified by the bible)? No they are nice people, hell I live in a mostly christian country and it doesn't affect our society.
    And by that matter Stalin and Castro were atheists and they purged the living hell out of people. Dare I say, they made atheism into a religion and justified their horrible actions going back to their alledge religion. Does that make atheists bad people? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    While I'm sure there are legitimate islamaphobes/"racists" who view all Muslims in a derogatory light, I feel like it is also used as a straw man quiet often.

I know there are average, good Muslim citizens around the world. Millions of them. That's not my concern. My concern is for the sizable (and apparently growing) population of Muslim extremists and extremist sympathizers who are causing very real problems. I sometimes feel like this constant "not all Muslims, it's not Islam" parroting is distracting from the discussion on how to fix the current problems with the Muslim who are actually bad.
    The current fundamentalist Islamic culture of certain parts of the world, whether because of its size or because of its strict adherence, is breeding a lot of dangerous entities.

The OP shares a nice story, demonstrating that Muslims are people like the rest of us and are capable of great good. And that's nice, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just bringing this all up to say, a lot of those who are talking about issues with Islam already know this.
    The reason why people keep bringing up "it's not real Muslims or Islam" is because it really isn't. Not going to get into specifics due to not being able to discuss religion, but that there is a ton of writing in the religion that admonishes against harming others. Yes there are hypocritical verses and some very violent, however a lot of it can be explained due to time and place and social practices of that era.

Now let's get back to the issues plaguing the current day. Most of the attacks done are not being done to garner religious influence but rather to gain a physical advantage whether that is monetary, land, or what have you. It is also done to incite terror and polarize the West against the moderate Muslims so they face backlash and are left with resentment feeling like they too have to retaliate and it drives them to extremism. Another added benefit is brain-washing and recruiting more impressionable nut-jobs who have already been affected by Western interference post 9/11 and have lost family members in the process. All those "casualties of war" from drone strikes and such makes their families turn to terrorism.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    I sure wish that people would remember that prior to 9/11 that the largest terror attack on U.S. was the Oklahoma City bombing that was orchestrated by two white Christian Conservative males.
    Guess that depends on what you qualify as largest? Total casualties yes, most deaths, no.