Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Crit only devalues itself for obliterate, while it benefits like 70% of the rest of the damage.
    So we are back to 30% crit soft cap?
    Did you play with talons or another talent in the firts tier? (Due to the enchant buff)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    So we are back to 30% crit soft cap?
    Did you play with talons or another talent in the firts tier? (Due to the enchant buff)
    Only way to be sure about how the stats will play out in 7.1 is for the simcraft frost dk profile to include the new changes in the api. I think haste will lose some value in relation to crit and mastery, which will be gaining ground much faster compared to right now.

Icy Talons should still be king, especially since we will be getting Frost Strike range with AP soonish.

Deleted
    I updated my Spreadsheet to include a fight with Obliteration instead of GA. It seems that this talent will be the go to talent on single Target.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

14,5% Dmg increase for Nythendra Mythic. Interesting results. Gonna try to find more Talent variations and calculate the Dmg increase for those aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing of note is Avalanche getting a small buff via the Razorice effect change, Icecap (which most logs have on Ursoc, including mine in my spreadsheet) may probably lose to it assuming PoF uptime while hitting is 100%.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-10-19 at 10:12 AM.

Another thing of note is Avalanche getting a small buff via the Razorice effect change, Icecap (which most logs have on Ursoc, including mine in my spreadsheet) should lose to it assuming PoF uptime while hitting is 100%.
    So avalanche is getting ahead again untill you get the legendary for Icecap. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    So avalanche is getting ahead again untill you get the legendary for Icecap. Right?
    Not sure exactly which one will be better, but fights that last x min+20 seconds should favor Avalanche.

If you have the legendary for Icecap, definitely go Icecap.

Deleted
    How does legendary wrist change the stats value? Crit > Mastery > Haste? And how about talent choices overall? Now and 7.1? I am so coooonfused guys :< No idea what stats to use in my gear... And I would prefer gearing towards 2+ targets not pure single.

ps. currently running with 40% mastery, 26% crit and 22% haste.
    Last edited by mmoc9515714146; 2016-10-19 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure exactly which one will be better, but fights that last x min+20 seconds should favor Avalanche.

If you have the legendary for Icecap, definitely go Icecap.
    Look at my Spreadsheet there are 3 different parses with different talents calculated. It seems that if you compare fight 1 with fight 3 that there is no real difference between Avalanche and Icecap. You need to remember that Icecap is getting buffed indirectly because the dmg from your abilities is higher so the % buff from Icecap via PoF is higher aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkles View Post
    Look at my Spreadsheet there are 3 different parses with different talents calculated. It seems that if you compare fight 1 with fight 3 that there is no real difference between Avalanche and Icecap. You need to remember that Icecap is getting buffed indirectly because the dmg from your abilities is higher so the % buff from Icecap via PoF is higher aswell.
    Yeah, I totally forgout about PoF. This is why devs are afraid to change shit all the time, they change one little thing and the entire class gets overhauled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfFrost View Post
    How does legendary wrist change the stats value? Crit > Mastery > Haste? And how about talent choices overall? Now and 7.1? I am so coooonfused guys :< No idea what stats to use in my gear... And I would prefer gearing towards 2+ targets not pure single.
    Now (2 targets):

Haste to 18% > crit to 30% > mastery > rest,

Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, Icecap (with legendary)/Avalanche (without legendary), Frostscythe, Glacial Advance

7.1 (2 targets):

Haste to 18-ish% > crit = mastery > rest

Icy Talons, Frozen Pulse, Avalanche (depends on fight, but Icecap should lose with PoF 100% uptime, I may be wrong though and Icecap PoF damage may trump Avalanche frost damage), Runic Attenuation, Glacial Advance.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-10-19 at 10:38 AM.

Hey guys. Im having trouble picking my BiS, especially my trinkets. Is Askmrrobot accurate? I dont think its using the machine gun rotation.

Also, i have 26% crit, 19% haste, 28% mastery, 2% vers. Should i try to gain a little more crit and then just stack mastery?

Final question. How much of a dmg increase do u think the change to frozen pulse will be? For single target and AoE.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2016-10-19 at 10:53 AM.

even a 13% buff to frost, it's still going to be close to the bottom ST. The unholy buff is rather weak as well....So glad I'm moving on.

Frost should be close to middle of pack at least with this buff on ST

and better on AoE

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Frost should be close to middle of pack at least with this buff on ST

and better on AoE
    Based on the max score on nythendra it's going to go from bottom to where unholy is now...however other classes are getting some love...so it's still lower third.

other classes, like MM, fire ST, SP, Arcane also getting some nerfs in 7.1

mm and sp are already top tier so that will bring them more back in line. Arcane is getting buffed not nerfed.

Arcane is getting buffed not nerfed.
    welp, I guess the ungodly whine in the mage forums/arcane thread fooled me

Mages whine about everything. But on the front page I don't see any nerfs to arcane

they were talking about increased mana costs IIRC when the mana costs for arcance was already high

That's part of the spec is managing mana. It's always been high costs.

So what are the generic stat rankings for a DK with no legendaries come 7.1? Crit > Mastery > Haste?