Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Dracovian I'm giving them til 7.1 to fix the mechanical issues with the spec, even I figured it means nerding frostscythe(bring back the cooldown) and buffing obliterate. They could then make fsc do even more crit damage and then we can't spam it. This playstyle is pathetic and I can't believe it wasn't addressed in the hotfix buffs. I'm tired of the status quo that comes with this spec and class. Which sucks because I love the lore behind it and gameplay as it's supposed to be. Hopefully something gets addressed in this expansion regarding a single rune frost ability overtaking what's supposed to be the signature rune spending ability.

i honestly dont mind spamming the same button more over obliterate its just that rime is left out completely too lol

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    i honestly dont mind spamming the same button more over obliterate its just that rime is left out completely too lol
    I would rather not have a three button rotation. I like the way Frost is intended to play as it adds 'some' complexity to it. Right now it's just push three buttons. Tomorrow we'll add a fourth with RW, but I would rather play the way the spec was intended to play. But it's hilarious they made these changes to stop a single run aoe ability from being spammed...yet here we are doing the same thing we've been doing for two expansions prior.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I would rather not have a three button rotation. I like the way Frost is intended to play as it adds 'some' complexity to it. Right now it's just push three buttons. Tomorrow we'll add a fourth with RW, but I would rather play the way the spec was intended to play. But it's hilarious they made these changes to stop a single run aoe ability from being spammed...yet here we are doing the same thing we've been doing for two expansions prior.
    before it was almost a given to ignore rimeprocs aswell if resources for fs/oblit were there so its kinda the same tbh, rime procs were always negligable

I just realized that Festering Strike hits harder than Obliterate. Sad times...

Quote Originally Posted by XScorpion2 View Post
    I just realized that Festering Strike hits harder than Obliterate. Sad times...
    and SS can hit as harder than FSc(with wound damage)....Only difference is FSc is AoE...however wounds are AoE too.

and SS can hit as harder than FSc(with wound damage)....Only difference is FSc is AoE...however wounds are AoE too.
    Ya, the more I play Unholy the more I see how clearly Frost is fucked on both class mechanics (how spells work with each other) and pure damage output. The 6-7% dmg buff we get from the posted hotfix tomorrow really doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by XScorpion2 View Post
    Ya, the more I play Unholy the more I see how clearly Frost is fucked on both class mechanics (how spells work with each other) and pure damage output. The 6-7% dmg buff we get from the posted hotfix tomorrow really doesn't cut it.
    I look at it as they had a budget of $100 to put towards the DK class. $85 went to Unholy, $10 to Blood, and $5 went to Frost. I would even make the Argument that it could be $8 to Blood $7 to Frost because they both suck almost equally.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-09-27 at 03:52 AM.

you seem to really love unholy, why are you even in this thread?

Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?
    Probably me. Truth is I love frost, I so badly want to play frost, but in a competitive environment such as M+ and Raids taking a 20-30% hit to damage and utility for my own personal enjoyment is hands down selfish to all the other guild members and players I group with. Playing frost currently is like me telling everyone I play with that my personal enjoyment is worth more then theirs and that they should make up the difference.

i really think youre making it worse than it actually is, we were doing +2 carry runs and got a frostdk that was actually at 250k on bosses, playing with the inferior obliterate spec... now if you go full blown aoe for mythic+ with mastery scythe and glacial advance, whats the problem?

might an unholy with the same gear have been at 300k after bloodlust was over? maybe, but thats why frost is getting buffs not unholy, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I thought sims favored obliterate centered specs with passive talents after the hotfix as evidenced in the other thread. What changed?

Yesterday I went some mythic+ 5 and 6 as Frost (wanted to get familliar with the spec i will run from tomorrow on)
    I warned my gildies about that, because i didnt want them to get frustrated about my dps change from the raid to the dungeon,
    But i must admit that Frost did just great.

First the dmg, it was okay. Yeah we need a buff and we will get it tommorow.
    As a 849, I've pulled 270k dps on the Vulcano boss in Vardens+5 which did put me behind or 856 hunter (he had about 290-300)

The utility was fine too.
    The RW stun did just great for pack clears. The Aoe damage did its job.
    The hunter was still ahead by some numbers with their barage thing. But again, still waiting for the buffs tomorrow.
    (RW - please be solo target viable!!!!!)

I will still go for Xavius heroic as unholy today, which is logical.
    But tomorrow I will spec frost for a full normal and heroic clear and see how it turns out.
    And if it shows itself on the same level as unholy, I will keep frost for mythics too.
    I will update it with some recount screens next week, so we can follow the changes.
    Right now I am doing solid top 3 dmg (behind the same huner and a DH - sometimes 2 DH)

I also wanted to ask you guys about the build which you think will bring the best use.
    Right now I am planing to run this build, which was proposed by someone here on the forum after some tests.

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#G6ra

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    I also wanted to ask you guys about the build which you think will bring the best use.
    Right now I am planing to run this build, which was proposed by someone here on the forum after some tests.

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#G6ra
    This should be the best overall build after the patch. Keep in mind this is calculated from simcraft!
    For pure single target DPS Obliteration is ~2% better, but you will loose alot in cleave/aoe situations.

Stats: str > crit > haste > mastery

Runic Attenuation shines with high haste.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-27 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    This should be the best overall build after the patch. Keep in mind this is calculated from simcraft!
    For pure single target DPS Obliteration is ~2% better, but you will loose alot in cleave/aoe situations.
    Yup, and since there is a lot of cleave and adds, i thought that overall the GA should bring more profit.
    Actually this is the build I've used yesteday in myth+ and it felt good. Even now.

Deleted
    Okey...

So I last night finally got my very first legendary and it was Toravon's Whiteout Bindings. (15% more frost dmg when pillar active).
    Now I am wondering which talents should I take with this amazing legendary? Somekind machine gun spec and what kind of rotation for both single and aoe? I am so confused now...

Halp pls guys and I am free to test stuff if u want!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfFrost View Post
    Okey...

So I last night finally got my very first legendary and it was Toravon's Whiteout Bindings. (15% more frost dmg when pillar active).
    Now I am wondering which talents should I take with this amazing legendary? Somekind machine gun spec and what kind of rotation for both single and aoe? I am so confused now...

Halp pls guys and I am free to test stuff if u want!
    Wow, gz man.
    I am still hunting for my first legendary...

I would say, try the build I linked above, but with IC intead ov Ava to get more uptime on the pillar.

havent really given Frost much thought until the buffs came in, but from my understanding there are 2 main Frost builds available, right ?

(1) "machine gun" with Icy Talons+RA+FPulse+Permafrost .. just auto attack, FStrike and dump runes with Oblit
    (2) FScythe build

post-buffs - which one will be better for 5-mans ?