Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    I think the whole scale leveling thing is interesting.. I hear some people say "theirs no end game zone feel anymore blah blah" But in this sense isnt every zone gonna feel end game? I for one hate having ONE end game zone where every max level player is at, doing the things there at the same exact time, getting everyone done at the exact same time... But for all those worried about it don't worry, Blizzard will have a copy paste for a Timeless Isle #3 so everyone on the server and from other servers will be on the island at the same exact time, getting everything done and complete at the same exact time as everyone else lol
    What would be really cool is , if this zone scaling works, Blizz applied it to the entire game. think about it even with heirlooms leveling from level 1 you wouldn't end up with the "do 2 quests outlevel the zone" problem you can have now. If it works as well as Blizz hopes it could open up some really nice possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    What would be really cool is , if this zone scaling works, Blizz applied it to the entire game. think about it even with heirlooms leveling from level 1 you wouldn't end up with the "do 2 quests outlevel the zone" problem you can have now. If it works as well as Blizz hopes it could open up some really nice possibilities.
    This approach could save the game, and revive the bulk of unused, abandoned content that exists now. Would be very interesting if the Legion application is a test of the tech to apply it to the entire game down the road. It's a MASSIVE undertaking, though, so I have pretty solid doubts. Number one, the timeline of the expansions - starting a level one in Borean Tundra, and ending your leveling experience in TBC would be...interesting, disjointed, and bizarre.

Still...plenty to ponder there. Or, just remove character levels, and make experience count for something else.

I wonder if they have the balls to pull something like that off.

- - - Updated - - -

So, here we are agin, with Ion "Mistakes were made" Hazzicostas admitting garrisons were a failure - so why not double down in Legion, and force them to work?

Is this just plain old dev stubbornness to give up on an idea? Did garrison tech NEED to be carried forward? Or was it a convenient prop to paint a different color, and save dev time and effort?

I think the disconnect between them and the players is more fundamental, though. The devs clearly see the game as one big experiment. They fail at something, like garrisons, or Ashran, and hey, no big deal, we'll try something different next time.

But the players don't like that - and for good reason. They want a polished game, that works, not to be lab test rats. Players are far more emotionally invested in the game than the devs are.

But I can't shake the feeling that what Ion is saying is "Yeah, it's the same shit sandwich - but it has GARNISH this time!"

We agree that, especially in the long run, the balance of content and rewards between garrison missions and core world content was a big problem in Draenor. Players too often found themselves without much reason to bother with dungeons or outdoor content, possibly logging on to raid or PvP, and otherwise just checking in to collect mission rewards and send followers out on new ones. And after a little while of that, it's awfully easy for it to stop feeling like a proper MMO experience.

It's good that you can see that, and admit it, Ion. But the proof is on you to prove that you've designed out of a bad design. Player's worries are not unjustified, you pulled the "Just wait and see!" with shipyards. The only justification you have for any of it is "Wee! Log in and get free shit!". It's not content. You can tell a compelling story without it - you did just fine up until WOD. Garrisons and mission tables are not needed, but you talk like the only way to implement challenging, fun content is with them.

Again, is this just plain old stubbornness on the dev's part to just let the flawed idea go?

Because, honestly, you know what's more fun than mission tables? NEW ZONES AND 5 MAN DUNGEONS.

I want to give you props, Ion, but I feel like we've heard all this before...

10+ Year Old Account
    On one condition: That it be left up to player choice as to whether to use zone scaling or not. If there is no "toggle" as such, I don't want Blizzard applying this to the whole game. Just as there are you and others who like the idea of zone scaling, there's myself and others who don't want it.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Yeah you are right, if it is done right and works out well. Then doing it to the whole world, could make the game a lot better too. Cause then they can add quests or missions that send you out into the world, any part of the world and it will feel like an end game quest or mission, gets rather annoying when everyone is in Nagrand.. Then a couple patches later everyone is in Tanaan lol... Like oh cool I just this item and oh look so did everyone else on the server at the same exact time... How neat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    On one condition: That it be left up to player choice as to whether to use zone scaling or not. If there is no "toggle" as such, I don't want Blizzard applying this to the whole game. Just as there are you and others who like the idea of zone scaling, there's myself and others who don't want it.
    And you will be ignored.

WPRDLJ

Deleted
    "A new Legion build is on the way! It adds Destro warlocks, World Quests, and Level 110" .... and the alpha is now a BETA

I really hope BETA is close.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofisdead View Post
    I really hope BETA is close.
    Beta will begin on may the 4th, Star Wars and Warcraft fans rejoice. Late August/Early September release.

Quote Originally Posted by Totterbart View Post
    "A new Legion build is on the way! It adds Destro warlocks, World Quests, and Level 110" .... and the alpha is now a BETA
    I am the only one who is more irritated than anything about how this alpha has dragged on for 6 months? And then we can expect 2-3 months,at least, of "beta"? I get they they needed a big annoucement to generate hype early on but it makes you wonder what the hell they were doing during WoD. Typically they would have already started on the next x pac around the time HFC came out or even before that. Seems like they decided on a name back in Sept or Oct, whenever it was annouced and thats about it. All this teasing and hype generation is going to bite then in the ass because i for one am expecting quite a bit from Legion. They've had over half a year to fart around with just the alpha alone so this better be worth it or I feel like this will be my last x pac and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on that.

They'll probably delay the movie again to try and line it up with the delayed expansion.

That horse disappoints me. It's another case of animal abuse by Blizzard. Why?
    1.) The horn goes through a hole that's too small. For the horn to go into the hole, the helm was either put on when the horn was much smaller and thus the "horse" has been wearing it for some time or the horn was cut off and regrown through the hole but still the "horse" has been wearing it for some time.
    2.) As a result of #1, the helm cannot be removed without removing the horn first. If you know anything of horns, once they're cut off (or fall off), they don't grow back the same way. Horns that are cut off often grow back in ways that can harm the animal.
    3.) Watch the non-mount version of the animal run. A saddle on its back would result in unnatural and potentially painful movement.

Not really animal cruelty, but other nitpicks:
    4.) Blizzard's love affair with glowing bits got old in Firelands.
    5.) The tail is unnatural. It's another case of the WoD talbuk tail. For the tail to be positioned in the way that "horse" is, the tailbone has to be like a cat's. Horse tailbones aren't that long (maybe a foot or so depending on the horse's size). If the tail was meant to act like a cat, then it should have been designed like one, not like a horse. If they wanted a longish tail that wasn't cat-like or hose-like, then they should have looked at a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    That horse disappoints me. It's another case of animal abuse by Blizzard. Why?
    1.) The horn goes through a hole that's too small. For the horn to go into the hole, the helm was either put on when the horn was much smaller and thus the "horse" has been wearing it for some time or the horn was cut off and regrown through the hole but still the "horse" has been wearing it for some time.
    2.) As a result of #1, the helm cannot be removed without removing the horn first. If you know anything of horns, once they're cut off (or fall off), they don't grow back the same way. Horns that are cut off often grow back in ways that can harm the animal.
    3.) Watch the non-mount version of the animal run. A saddle on its back would result in unnatural and potentially painful movement.

Not really animal cruelty, but other nitpicks:
    4.) Blizzard's love affair with glowing bits got old in Firelands.
    5.) The tail is unnatural. It's another case of the WoD talbuk tail. For the tail to be positioned in the way that "horse" is, the tailbone has to be like a cat's. Horse tailbones aren't that long (maybe a foot or so depending on the horse's size). If the tail was meant to act like a cat, then it should have been designed like one, not like a horse. If they wanted a longish tail that wasn't cat-like or hose-like, then they should have looked at a cow.
    LOL! Insanity. Get a grip, it's a fantasy game. Your feedback is inappropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    That horse disappoints me. It's another case of animal abuse by Blizzard.
    WTF have you been smoking? It's a damn game, you know made up pixels etc etc

Order Hall Followers and Missions
    I just cannot believe a word that comes out of Blizzard mouth anymore, they say one thing but a lot of missions on Alpha say something completely different. Unless Blizzard are going to change them since the feedback has spat it back at their face. They say it's only 3% of Legion content but i have a feeling that they are hiding something, i think Blizzard should just remove this crappy system as it doesn't have a place in WoW anymore, it never had a place in WoW to start with. If i do end up playing Legion and this follower system is the same as WoD, I'm going to have a field day on the WoW forums ripping Blizzard a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totterbart View Post
    Almost beta time, still missing a zone or 2?
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-04-14 at 04:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No more player character loot in the salvage yard crates wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Still no beta invite for Overwatch... bummer... wondering if you would be guaranteed a beta invite if you pre-order, can anyone confirm?
    I've got an invite, but I play on a Mac. Oh the irony. And why does the Mac launcher STILL have an Overwatch button?

So the horse is confirmed gladiator mount. Ferocious, Fearless and Vindictive Gladiator.