Page 1 of 50
... LastLast

Why don't refugees stay and fight

Why do they not fight to make their own countries better rather than coming to the west and try and turn western countries into the shitholes they come from.

A lot of blood was given to make the west great as it is today. These people and countries need to go through the same process instead of moving their problem onto peaceful countries.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Fight with what? Not only do they have to fight against terrorism in their own countries they also have to fight with other first world countries that have in interest in their countries. Comparing war yesterday to today is not a good analogy.

I find it really ironic that you blame them for most of their problems when it's western nations that have been fcking up the middle east for a while now. Just ask the CIA.
    Last edited by Snakeseye0; 2016-04-13 at 07:49 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know man, if I was just a civilian, with no expertise in fighting, never picked up a gun in my life, I don't think throwing my life away would do anything.

This isn't World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Not everyone is capable of fighting, mentally, physically.
    Also when you have no weapons, strategies, and a shit load of people, there isn't much point.

It's like a toddler trying to hit an adult and inflict damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question is: why would they fight? What for? In Syria, there are three groups fighting each other, hard to say which one is the worst. There is just no hope for that country in the current situation. What would one fight for? And how? Pick an AK-74 and just shoot whoever you can shoot? Most people aren't soldiers, they just want to live their life, and when that life becomes unavailable, they are right to depart and look for a better place to live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    I don't know man, if I was just a civilian, with no expertise in fighting, never picked up a gun in my life, I don't think throwing my life away would do anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Uprising

Life is not one of those Hollywood action movies where some nobody just fight and win by the sheer strenght of its will and its conviction that he is the good guys. When there is people all around you that are well equiped, you don't just take a gun and go to fight. And more of that, they have a family to protect, parents, spouses, children. You can't juste leave them in the middle of a battlefield when you go out playing the action hero or sending them on the road far away from you, with all the dangers that are implied.

I would be in that situation with young children, I will rather go away with them to protect them than picking a gun and go fighting. And for what in the end? Where is the good side in the war? We can't tell for sure from here, where we have access to almost all the data available. Just imagine how it must be there, with all the fighting going on, to know exactly what's happenning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    And a ton of people died there. So what do you wanna tell me?

Somehow worked for Finland to stop Russian invasion. Twice. But hey, the difference, or actually two differences; people here wanted to defend this country, and the second difference; unlike the refugees, the defenders here were outnumbered and had very little equipment compared to the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay for what?

The initial anti-Assad people have been tainted by extremist and factions from outside of Syria. Its no longer about being free of Assad. Even if they topple Assad they then have to deal with all the outsiders and Assad loyalist. They fallback and Russia bombs the shit out of them while pretty much ignoring the outsider groups. There is nothing to fight for outside of conference rooms at this point. Moreso, they stay and become slaves to ISIS and friend or get bombed by Assad and friends. Mind you, these are civilians and not fighters. Its no longer the home the love so they rather just pack up and leave. You're no so soldier, a freedom fighter by association, time to GTFO.

Many of them never wanted a war in the first place. There are many view points on who escalated the protests against Assad but at of the end of it all enough people within the government though Assad had gone to far. The average protester is suddenly seen as an enemy of the state even though probably had no intention of even throwing a rock, time to GTFO.

A lot of Muslims aren't like the extremists and don't actually like to fight.

You want to see WW like wars in the ME? Like really? You think the West would actually sit back and watch the ME duck it out like that without a say in who gets the oil?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

And a ton of people died there. So what do you wanna tell me?
    People in the past had balls and will to fight for their country, not flee like rats and pray for welfare.

I sure as fuck wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Somehow worked for Finland to stop Russian invasion. Twice. But hey, the difference, or actually two differences; people here wanted to defend this country, and the second difference; unlike the refugees, the defenders here were outnumbered and had very little equipment compared to the enemy.
    If you are talking about the Finland invasion of 1940, the main reason it was stopped was precisely because the Finnish were well more equiped than the Russian. But that's not the same. There is a difference when your country is invaded by another country (there the situation is clear) and when it's a civil war where pretty much every small group of 10 people with guns is more or less fighting for itself, creating alliances and attacking other groups every day.

It's not like by winning some battles you will improve the situation. You will fight for some months, maybe more, and in the end you will just die. And for what? Nothing. Because there is no way for any faction currently involved in Syria to win a total and definitive victory.

come back when your country is bombed to pieces, and see if you're man enough to fight IS or US

Deleted
    People in the past had balls and will to fight for their country, not flee like rats and pray for welfare.
    Meaning, people in the past were a lot stupider than we are today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you like to suggest who they should be fighting for?

As the options in Syria are Assad the dictator, the anti-Assad rebels (who are getting bombed to pieces by Russia), and ISIS.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Civilians can't do shit. If you can't fight, then you are just a human shield. So sure, sacrifice a lot of the people and you might get some advantage out of it, but that still comes at the expense of the lives of those people.

Deleted

You are the punisher, what are you talking about.
    You could probably destroy them all with 1 arm behind your back!

And then they all died for nothing. Way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its not about running from ISIS its about getting access to free shit. Notice they don't go to poor countries with no welfare.