Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    OK, now tell me which faction that is.
    You just pointed out that Russia isn't letting Assad fall. So, take a guess which devil you have to side with until he's the only faction to oppose. You have better chance of overthrowing him, if he's the only enemy left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yes, it is different. But here's the main point: if the people actually united instead of divided into dozen factions due to intolerance towards eachother, you would have only 3 factions in the mess. One terrorist organization, one dictator, and the rest of Syrian people who oppose both. But no, that isn't happening because people aren't making it happen. No one is.
    He-he, if all people actually thought this way, this world would have known no wars, no dictators, no territorial disputes, etc. in the first place. Unfortunately, people are easily swayed by propaganda, by charismatic leaders. Many Syrians worship Assad and are willing to die for him, many other Syrians worship ISIS and their crazed ideology, many more side with rebels, the vast majority doesn't side with anyone and just wants a quiet life, like all of us MMO Champ folks are having. People always have different goals, and uniting against a common foe is not always possible, since that common foe doesn't always exist from everyone's point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    You just pointed out that Russia isn't letting Assad fall. So, take a guess which devil you have to side with until he's the only faction to oppose. You have better chance of overthrowing him, if he's the only enemy left.
    Considering that this all started as a rebellion against him, why on earth would the rebels side WITH him. And if they couldn't beat him and that was what started all of this....you can see why this is a terrible idea.

no ones allowed to talk shit unless you actually been to war, seen people you know blown to bits and survived a firefight

Considering that this all started as a rebellion against him, why on earth would the rebels side WITH him. And if they couldn't beat him and that was what started all of this....you can see why this is a terrible idea.
    Why did allies side with Stalin in ww2? He was the enemy aswell. Sometimes you have to tolerate your enemy to get rid of another. The anti-assad efforts are useless if there are now other players in the mix. Take care of them first, and then you can try your original plan again.

Deleted
    Why did allies side with Stalin in ww2? He was the enemy aswell. Sometimes you have to tolerate your enemy to get rid of another. The anti-assad efforts are useless if there are now other players in the mix. Take care of them first, and then you can try your original plan again.
    There's a huge diff....but whatever, I'm tired of this too, you "win" as it were.

My 2 cents from Denmark:

Saw a documentary today shortly. We used to treet the "stupid" people, aka people born with mental Illnesses horrible. Belt fixation, locking them up etc. That was in the 1920's and up 1950's.

We we're once Vikings. We looted, raped and killed other countries, exspanding our own country. Do you people know how big Denmark was on a map once?

All this changed. We worked for it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    He also believes that everyone who has left their home country is a traitor and scum.

Plus, wasn't he the one who said he was learning politics from Anime? Or was it someone else? I don't remember now...
    I don't know, but it makes as much sense as anything else he's saying about the West.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Look what those savages have been doing to Germany and Sweden, you think they want anything remotely modern?
    Newsflash: Nothing is happening in Germany. I can't speak for Sweden, but all is quiet on the German front at the moment. Perhaps the police investigating the New Year's events had the positive deterring effect that many were hoping for.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also encouragement from people like "Mrs. Merkel" who flung open the gates wide and said come in and take whatever you want.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We we're once Vikings. All this changed. We worked for it.
    Yes and see what the Viking progeny succeeded in, create one of the wealthiest and progressive country in the world....

I think it's the Danish flag.
    Yes, well. The Danish can live with some hate, they get enough love as it is.

And they have the best fucking chant in the world, so if they can't take a little flag burning, fuck 'em. :P

God, how I envy them at every sport event... I wish we had a cool chant like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Fight for who?

When you have no stake in a society why would you fight for anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    I don't know man, if I was just a civilian, with no expertise in fighting, never picked up a gun in my life, I don't think throwing my life away would do anything.

This isn't World of Warcraft.
    This. I understand their desire to flee the war grounds. I also agree with the fact that we should allow them to live in our societies. But I thoroughly disagree that they bring their culture with them - like the recent UK poll stating that more than half the migrants would agree to criminalize homosexuality.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

That's exactly what the problem is in Syria and rest of middle-east. Bunch of clans and sects of same skywizard worship, but all have to be hateful and intolerant toward eachother over very miniscule differences.
    Hum, while I agree with the general sentiment, I'd like to use your post to point out something that's been bugging me for a while now: Ridiculing religion is not the best way to preach tolerance. In fact, it makes you a hypocrite.

This goes for everyone thinking they have to emphasize their atheism with insulting speech like that. It may be a ridiculous superstition to you, but to them it's real. If you want to communicate with them in a meaningful manner, it's best to do it on their terms.

Edit: Btw, it may seem like I'm only targetting your posts today, don't think that. It's just that you have the more interesting things to say unlike other people that just parrot simple hatred they picked up on some propaganda website.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Yes and see what the Viking progeny succeeded in, create one of the wealthiest and progressive country in the world....
    I will never be proud of our anchestors, care what this viking-popular media has glamorised about them for years.

If we, a country, can move on from being such vile creatures, I think other 3rd world countries, TOGETHER with our help via either local help or sending money, should do fine.

Fuck, we even had religion and church back then (They prolly still teach kids about "Aflads breve" aka pay the church money to get blessed for your sins). Obviously it maybe wasen't as bad as muslim faith, but still....that held us back to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    I don't know man, if I was just a civilian, with no expertise in fighting, never picked up a gun in my life, I don't think throwing my life away would do anything.

This isn't World of Warcraft.
    I beg to differ

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hum, while I agree with the general sentiment, I'd like to use your post to point out something that's been bugging me for a while now: Ridiculing religion is not the best way to preach tolerance. In fact, it makes you a hypocrite.

This goes for everyone thinking they have to emphasize their atheism with insulting speech like that. It may be a ridiculous superstition to you, but to them it's real. If you want to communicate with them in a meaningful manner, it's best to do it on their terms.

Edit: Btw, it may seem like I'm only targetting your posts today, don't think that. It's just that you have the more interesting things to say unlike other people that just parrot simple hatred they picked up on some propaganda website.
    It was the easiest point to pick on. Even within same religion they are not tolerant of eachother, because different sect/tribe or whatever reasons. That was my point with what you quoted. Even same skywizard isn't enough for tolerance, have to pick something else to hate on. They can believe whatever they want to, aslong as it's not harming others.

It was the easiest point to pick on. Even within same religion they are not tolerant of eachother, because different sect/tribe or whatever reasons. That was my point with what you quoted. Even same god isn't enough for tolerance, have to pick something else to hate on. They can believe whatever they want to, aslong as it's not harming others.
    There. FTFY. And now I can agree with the whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    There. FTFY. And now I can agree with the whole post.
    Should I have used my usual description of "space unicorn"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Because its not about running from ISIS its about getting access to free shit. Notice they don't go to poor countries with no welfare.
    Why the hell would someone run to a country with nothing? That's obvious that they wouldn't be capable of receiving help that way. It's a shame these refugees are more intelligent than you to understand why you don't run to a poor country if you need assistance.