Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I will know they are getting ready when I see a background download start..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Pre Patch in July with release in first week of August?

I'm simply not seeing them doing anything after like 1 month of the Overwatch release
    He meant the pre expansion event in 4 months, that would be the closest, if you look at previous expansions, it can get to the september release.
    Overwatch releases on the 24th of may, so july is a safe bet.

Deleted
    My guess is present xpac event in July and Legion in August. Worrying thing is for every xpac beta lasted four months atleast and Legion beta hasn't started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Justice View Post
    Broken Shore is the intro to Legion,not the Pre-Event,we don't know what the Pre-event is yet.
    They already said the Pre-event comes with the Pre-patch & The Broken Shore IS part of the pre-event. (The Devs promised it would be released at least 6 weeks before Legion's actual release.) And we do know what the pre-event is. It's this Legion invasion throughout the old world. Looks just about done. Really, we just have to wait for them to balance 7.0's class changes, then they have all the time they want to beta test the 100+ content.

End August probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm betting on this. Though this pre-event is so big you'd think they'd want it live as long as possible... although now that I say that, unlike most pre-events, this one will likely still be playable after legion's official release... potentially throughout the entire expansion. I bet they're aiming for

Pre-event: 2 to 4 weeks before the movie's release.
    Legion: 2 to 4 weeks after the movie's release.

How is it a two-part event?
    The pre-event is:
    The Broken Shore instance.
    The phased attack on Stormwind/Ogrimmar
    The invasions Tenaris, Feralis & Wetlands
    The invasion of the Barrens w/ Worldbosses

and these are all released simultaneously with the pre-patch
    WOW (no pun intended)....that's hugely optimistic. The movie releases in NA June 10th. You think the game will release just 2-4 weeks after the movie release? That means at your most pessimistic estimate you are essentially saying "Legion will be out mid July". I don't see that happening, even by a long shot.

Game hasn't even switched to officially be called a Beta they are still using the "Alpha" label (yeah I know whole debates have gone on about what alpha means these days compared to beta) ... they teased a September release at their pre-order screen...that even seems optimistic to me as its only 5 months away. Its not blizzard's style to forego an "official" Open Beta of a least a few months either..... don't quote me but I don't believe a WoW expansion has ever had shorter than a 3 month open beta...if they did that TOMORROW that beta would end mid July (just two months from supposed release).

Ain't happening.
    Last edited by Mytheros; 2016-04-16 at 04:57 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm praying something comes soon. I've had my fill of WOD
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    WOW (no pun intended)....that's hugely optimistic. The movie releases in NA June 10th. You think the game will release just 2-4 weeks after the movie release? That means at your most pessimistic estimate you are essentially saying "Legion will be out mid July". I don't see that happening, even by a long shot.

Game hasn't even switched to officially be called a Beta they are still using the "Alpha" label (yeah I know whole debates have gone on about what alpha means these days compared to beta) ... they teased a September release at their pre-order screen...that even seems optimistic to me as its only 5 months away. Its not blizzard's style to forego an "official" Open Beta of a least a few months either..... don't quote me but I don't believe a WoW expansion has ever had shorter than a 3 month open beta...if they did that TOMORROW that beta would end mid July (just two months from supposed release).

Ain't happening.
    While I agree that at this point in the testing cycle, June or July is incredibly optimistic, and we're probably looking at an August or September release, September wasn't "teased." It was stated plainly and clearly in the pre-order announcement that Legion will be out on or before September 21st, 2016. That's not teased- that's a clear date. Barring anything unprecedentedly catastrophic, it will be out before the end of September- Blizzard has not yet missed an "on or before" date, and they've used them for both Warcraft and Starcraft releases.

Deleted
    Probably at the end of May or beginning of June.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Where's that quote from? :/
    His head, no worries.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

With the movie, most likely. That would be the best way to make use of the marketing to get people coming back to check out the new content.

The Pre-Event comes with:

- Demon Hunters
    - Legion Invasion World Event
    - Broken Shore Scenario
    - Class Changes
    - Transmog Wardrobe

Movie comes out on June 10th so I would expect the prepatch within 3 days of the movie launch, more or less.

Everything but the class changes are pretty polished, and a month and a half is plenty of time to finish up what's left.

And then Legion release 3 weeks later in early July.

I expect 7.0 to go live with the movie as to prevent confusing those that get a ticket with it and not confuse them with a huge change directly after. June 7th for the class changes but maybe not the event?

I just can't see them releasing the class changes after the movie. The event they could probably hold until 2-3 weeks after that? Then release the expansion mid august.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    My guess is present xpac event in July and Legion in August. Worrying thing is for every xpac beta lasted four months atleast and Legion beta hasn't started yet.
    and this dev cycle is not like any of the past dev cycles, so don't worry about the length of Beta. At this rate I don't see a long beta honestly. I see beta launching with the launch of 7.0 PTR.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They aren't even close to being ready. I am curious where you saw a week before launch though, all the stuff I have seen just said early.
    "The Legion PTR server is put up"
    Why? They never PTR'd a pre-event before. People in the Alpha are already testing the pre-event. It's a operation:Barrens style demon invasion in several classic zones.

"Legion is in the numbers tuning phase"
    It has been. They've been adjusting the minute numbers for months. And considering talents for leveling have been totally fudged up for all of WoD, there's no reason they absolutely need to be perfect for the pre-patch. Why would they care? Scared Hellfire Citadel is too hard or too easy? A Year into 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Ain't happening.
    Really? The game is all but completely done, besides balancing & bug testing. Right now everything in Legion is playable except Suramar. It's a wonder it isn't considered out of Beta, but it seems like they're only waiting to call the period of testing, after the pre-patch, when they inevitably invite all the people who pre-ordered into the beta. That's why they said the Pre-patch would be an extended period, and bothered focusing on all the talent/balancing stuff before the Broken Isles stuff.

Yes, the cut off they gave was Sept. 19th, but that's a wide berth. For, example the cut off they gave for Whispers of The Old Gods was May 31st, (6 weeks away) while they've soft-locked the actual release for April 26th, less than two weeks away.

I guarantee Legion will be out in the first week of August at the latest. And I think they desperately want the pre-event to start before the movie comes out for the sake of promotion. So I'll revise:

Pre-patch: Definitely before June 1st.
    Legion: Definitely before August 9th.

"The Legion PTR server is put up"
    Why? They never PTR'd a pre-event before. People in the Alpha are already testing the pre-event. It's a operation:Barrens style demon invasion in several classic zones.

"Legion is in the numbers tuning phase"
    It has been. They've been adjusting the minute numbers for months. And considering talents for leveling have been totally fudged up for all of WoD, there's no reason they absolutely need to be perfect for the pre-patch. Why would they care? Scared Hellfire Citadel is too hard or too easy? A Year into 6.2?

Really? The game is all but completely done, besides balancing & bug testing. Right now everything in Legion is playable except Suramar. It's a wonder it isn't considered out of Beta, but it seems like they're only waiting to call the period of testing, after the pre-patch, when they inevitably invite all the people who pre-ordered into the beta. That's why they said the Pre-patch would be an extended period, and bothered focusing on all the talent/balancing stuff before the Broken Isles stuff.

Yes, the cut off they gave was Sept. 19th, but that's a wide berth. For, example the cut off they gave for Whispers of The Old Gods was May 31st, (6 weeks away) while they've soft-locked the actual release for April 26th, less than two weeks away.

I guarantee Legion will be out in the first week of August at the latest. And I think they desperately want the pre-event to start before the movie comes out for the sake of promotion. So I'll revise:

Pre-patch: Definitely before June 1st.
    Legion: Definitely before August 9th.
    They dont have to be perfect, you can't even pick them in different specs yet. DH are one of the best examples one spec couldnt access its own talents it was getting the display for the other specs and couldnt choose anything. They have tested pre launch events before also. They certainly tested the crap out of retaking of gnomer and the troll island. But you can't do the launch events and not roll out the class people were told and paid to get early access for. That is a make or break issue. So until DH are done or very close to it, nothing is going live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

probably a couple weeks before legion

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They dont have to be perfect, you can't even pick them in different specs yet. DH are one of the best examples one spec couldnt access its own talents it was getting the display for the other specs and couldnt choose anything. They have tested pre launch events before also. They certainly tested the crap out of retaking of gnomer and the troll island. But you can't do the launch events and not roll out the class people were told and paid to get early access for. That is a make or break issue. So until DH are done or very close to it, nothing is going live.
    Yes, they did test that one on the PTR. I didn't count it because it was more like a short "Goodbye Old World" quest, while the Elemental Invasion was the actual pre-expansion event, which was not on the PTR.

As for Demon Hunters, they seem pretty done now. As for testing talents, look again: Demon Hunters only get their first tier of talents in the pre-patch, with the second tier being at 102. Those wouldn't matter untill legion. As the devs said, months later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Likely in August. Though personally I'd prefer the release the pre patch as soon as it's done, rather than timing it to be released a month or so before the expansion. We're desperate for content here!

Yes, they did test that one on the PTR. I didn't count it because it was more like a short "Goodbye Old World" quest, while the Elemental Invasion was the actual pre-expansion event, which was not on the PTR.

As for Demon Hunters, they seem pretty done now. As for testing talents, look again: Demon Hunters only get their first tier of talents in the pre-patch, with the second tier being at 102. Those wouldn't matter untill legion. As the devs said, months later.
    Well when it isn't out in a month like you are hoping it will you can spin some new nonsense. Hurry though you are running out of time to generically link some other nonsense together while ignoring development trends and common sense.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    hoping for around 1,5month before release
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s