Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Alleria, Turalyon, and 1000 years of the Army of Light

Spoilers below, ye be warned. In bold I am dropping some serious story spoilers and speculations and I'll back it up as best as I can.

In Legion it is revealed that Alleria and Turalyon, upon stepping through a portal to the Twisting Nether at the end of WC2 have been bouncing around time and space, that they have been battling the Burning Legion for a Thousand Years.

Vindicator Boros: The vessel...it senses young Arator's presence!
    High Exarch Turalyon: If you can hear this, your mother and I have an important message for you.
    Alleria: For a thousand years, we have been hunting the Burning Legion across the stars.
    High Exarch Turalyon: We do not expect you to forgive us for leaving, but we did it out of love for you. To ensure your safety and the survival of our world, we chose to make this sacrifice.
    Alleria: We failed in the final battle, and it is unlikely we will survive. My son, we have one final message for you and the heroes of our world.
    High Exarch Turalyon: The Burning Legion will come in full force to Azeroth. These armies are led by Balnazzar, Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden. These three must fall before you can hope to defeat Sargeras.

Alleria: Azeroth is the last light of hope, Arator. Fight, or all is lost.
    High Exarch Turalyon: Farewell, son. May the Light guide you.
    Arator: My parents risked much to send us this warning. We must act.

Alleria and Turalyon, presumably along with a thousand years worth of gathered forces, have been hunting the Burning Legion throughout the Twisting Nether. By travelling through the Twisting Nether, they have not been aged (as the Nether is timeless).

Alleria was captured, interrogated, and lost her bow, but Vereesa concludes that she must have escaped.

This happens during the Marksmanship Hunter Artifact Quest-line.

Alleria and Turalyon may have visited Alt. Draenor some time in the past 1000 years.

In Warlords of Draenor, we encounter the Cowled Ranger, who sends us on a quest to confirm her suspicions that Alleria is somehow on the Alternate Draenor.

Her suspicions are confirmed true, the existence of the Silver-Lined Arrow is physical evidence of Alleria's presence on Alternate Draenor.

But it doesn't confirm when.

Speculation: Alleria and Turalyon arrived on Alt. Draenor hundreds of years prior to WoD, and the Apexis left with them.

So I believe that Alleria and Turalyon encountered the Apexis on this ancient Draenor, and were able to convince them to join their cause.
    The Apexis disappeared mysteriously at the height of their power, leaving behind technology that rivals that of the Draenei. The only clue to where they may have gone is with the Apexis Scroll.

"This battered scroll case has corroded shut, and the scroll within is barely readable with very careful examination. These appear to be plans and measurements for a glorious "Temple in the Sky," written in an ancient hand. It's unclear whether such a splendid structure was ever built.

A Temple in the Sky? Sounds like a Dimensional-Ship to me.

So Alleria and Turalyon's forces, aboard an Apexis Dimensional Ship, hunted the Legion for thousand years.

But let's not stop there: Who could they have picked up over their 1000 year crusade?

For starters, Alleria and Turalyon were said to have disappeared along with a small force of Men and Elves. A thousand years is a long time for Half-Elves to emerge as a people of their own, with culture that is influenced by both races.

Legion introduces a race called the Aldrachi, who were wiped out by the Legion, but there is a possibility that some were rescued by Alleria and Turalyon, adding them to their forces.

Finally, it would be difficult to traverse the Nether for 1000 years without encountering some Ethereal who would be interested in joining their cause.

Wrathion probably knew that AU Draenor was where Turalyon and Alleria ended up at some point in history.

Not sure how, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Deleted
    You know, if you put it that way, the whole story even sounds far more bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You know, if you put it that way, the whole story even sounds far more bullshit.
    Yeah it's a total clusterfuck but it kind of starts to paint a direction they were/are trying to take the plot. WoW's got about 2 expansions worth of existing lore left, if we are ever going to branch out to new planets and what not they are going to have to aggressively introduce new plot threads.

It kind of explains why Blizzard tried to pull that infinite timelines bullshit too, if it was revealed that Alleria and Turalyon were travelling the multiverse recruiting great extinct civilizations from across the Universe to their cause. Kind of like a parallel to the Burning Legion.

So Alleria and Turaylon are Jean Grey and Cyclops? Does that make Arator Cable?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

i think it sounds awesome.

i just hope allerias model is placeholder and not some bullshit "they turned back into night elves" crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So Alleria and Turaylon are Jean Grey and Cyclops? Does that make Arator Cable?
    no, theyre timelords
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm still cleaving to the hypothesis that Alleria and Turalyon's little cutscene in the current builds of Legion is just a placeholder mishmash pending the actual text - same with Spiritwalker Ebonhorn being Wrathion in the earlier Alpha builds. I think they're eventually going to paste over it with whatever actually happens with Arator and Co.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Good lord. I know it's a lot of speculation on it, but it's still very cluster fuckey. It's good, don't get me wrong and it makes a bit of sense, but good lord that's some crazy silly time portal nonsense.

So that would mean that Alleria and Turalyon got to past AU Draenor via Nerzhul's Draenor destroying portal magic?

Interesting.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm still cleaving to the hypothesis that Alleria and Turalyon's little cutscene in the current builds of Legion is just a placeholder mishmash pending the actual text - same with Spiritwalker Ebonhorn being Wrathion in the earlier Alpha builds. I think they're eventually going to paste over it with whatever actually happens with Arator and Co.
    i very much doubt wrathion was placeholder, they just changed their minds
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i very much doubt wrathion was placeholder, they just changed their minds
    Well then, perhaps a changing of minds will also occur here. It's a pretty significant snarl of time and dimensional shifting to explain their story as it currently stands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I dont care how justified anyone pulls this nonsense, the time travel bollocks with Turalyon/Alleria is SO, poorly written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly this whole situation is what happens when suspension of disbelief tells writer to stop and writer just paints his mouth chrome and starts yelling about valhalla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    I dont care how justified anyone pulls this nonsense, the time travel bollocks with Turalyon/Alleria is SO, poorly written.
    The problem is the lore of the game is so convoluted by now and having it distributed over different media isn't helping the problem any. When you have a story or plot in a linear way such as a novel it is easy to follow and the reader can reach a satisfying conclusion by the end of the book or series of books.

When it was just RTS games Warcraft and it's lore was still easy to follow and engaging. Now we have different medias and with more than a few novels in between where the writer can take liberties with different characters or make abominations like Mary Sue Med'an. Not only does this make the lore inconsistent, it makes major lore figures inconsistent in their personality as well based on the whims and writing styles of the different authors (Knaack, Christie Golden etc).

Lastly we have WoW itself, and when you combine the previous books with the lore they try to introduce or show in game, it just makes it unsatisfying and adding time travel on top of that is a recipe for disaster.

A plot doesn't have to be unnecessarily complex for it to be enjoyable.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I wasn't going to say it because one of you might show up to my house and murder me while I sleep but... Med'an could very well be out there with Alleria and Turalyon.

So Turalyon - a human - is immortal or can live for a thousand years? He's no Velen or Aegwynn, what - or who - gave him that longevity?

Well then, perhaps a changing of minds will also occur here. It's a pretty significant snarl of time and dimensional shifting to explain their story as it currently stands.
    no it isnt. "time flows differently in x" is one of the oldest tropes in the world.

the chronicles of narnia, digimon, alice in wonderland.

time flows differently in the nether, 1000 years for them, like 35 for us, add in super naarus, magic ect.

its really easy to understand. if 10 year olds can understand "over a year in the digital world was only 10 minutes in the real world" i think people can grasp it in warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    So Turalyon - a human - is immortal or can live for a thousand years? He's no Velen or Aegwynn, what - or who - gave him that longevity?
    magic? nether is like neverland and you dont age there? winter soldiered where they go out on missions then get frozen again?

this is a world where a dragons sexing up a human.

No, time flows differently (or not at all) in the Twisting Nether. OR they were gifted immortality by an Elder Naaru or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    no it isnt. "time flows differently in x" is one of the oldest tropes in the world.

time flows differently in the nether, 1000 years for them, like 35 for us, add in super naarus, magic ect.

its really easy to understand. if 10 year olds can understand "over a year in the digital world was only 10 minutes in the real world" i think people can grasp it in warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

magic? nether is like neverland and you dont age there? winter soldiered where they go out on missions then get frozen again?

this is a world where a dragons sexing up a human.
    But 1000 years for them would still mean that tyralyon should be pile of ash at this point.

No, time flows differently (or not at all) in the Twisting Nether. OR they were gifted immortality by an Elder Naaru or something.
    That's super nice and convenient. Were they granted cyber-augumentations, behelit, and talking dog too ?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-04-15 at 05:22 PM.

The time flows a lot slower in the twisting nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

So Turalyon and Alleria disappear into a portal during Draenor's original collapse, enters the Nether and either:

A.) Remains in the timeless void of the Nether for X years, which for him and Alleria is approximately 1,000 years subjectively. He becomes High Exarch (a Draenei title for a military commander) of the Armies of the Light but also somehow appears in AU Draenor because "reasons" and this despite no interference or encounters with the Bronze Dragonflight.

B.) Passes into AU Draenor in its ancient past so that evidence can be left there, and then journeys into the Nether for the 1,000 years of combat with the Legion. I assume Turalyon got his High Exarch title interacting with the Draenei in AU Draenor's ancient past despite there being no memory of him, and no other connection to him.

I fully understand the subjective elasticity of time in the Nether, sure. But Turalyon being High Exarch, Alleria visiting AU Draenor (and possibly a Night Elf, but I assume that's just a model placeholder), as well as there being not a whiff of Turalyon or Alleria being mentioned by *any* demons for their subjective 1,000 year campaign against the Legion?

So Turalyon and Alleria disappear into a portal during Draenor's original collapse, enters the Nether and either:

A.) Remains in the timeless void of the Nether for X years, which for him and Alleria is approximately 1,000 years subjectively. He becomes High Exarch (a Draenei title for a military commander) of the Armies of the Light but also somehow appears in AU Draenor because "reasons" and this despite no interference or encounters with the Bronze Dragonflight.

B.) Passes into AU Draenor in its ancient past so that evidence can be left there, and then journeys into the Nether for the 1,000 years of combat with the Legion. I assume Turalyon got his High Exarch title interacting with the Draenei in AU Draenor's ancient past despite there being no memory of him, and no other connection to him.

I fully understand the subjective elasticity of time in the Nether, sure. But Turalyon being High Exarch, Alleria visiting AU Draenor (and possibly a Night Elf, but I assume that's just a model placeholder), as well as there being not a whiff of Turalyon or Alleria being mentioned by *any* demons for their subjective 1,000 year campaign against the Legion?
    (A) is reasonable and can be explained by stuffs we already knew from game or book. I don't think (B) is the case.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.