Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    (A) is reasonable and can be explained by stuffs we already knew from game or book. I don't think (B) is the case.
    How does Turalyon become High Exarch?

How does Alleria visit AU Draenor without passing through the altered Azeroth Dark Portal (since she obviously wasn't present during Garrosh's trial in War Crimes when Garrosh and Kairoz first came to AU Draenor)?

Why don't *any* demons from the Nether mention or otherwise allude to him ever, especially if they've fought against them for what would be 1,000 years to both parties?

The demons don't speak of them, the Draenei don't know them, etc. etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well then, perhaps a changing of minds will also occur here. It's a pretty significant snarl of time and dimensional shifting to explain their story as it currently stands.
    And I have the feeling that People hated this scene even more than they hated Me'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I wasn't going to say it because one of you might show up to my house and murder me while I sleep but... Med'an could very well be out there with Alleria and Turalyon.
    Hey just curious, what's your address?

So Turalyon and Alleria disappear into a portal during Draenor's original collapse, enters the Nether and either:

A.) Remains in the timeless void of the Nether for X years, which for him and Alleria is approximately 1,000 years subjectively. He becomes High Exarch (a Draenei title for a military commander) of the Armies of the Light but also somehow appears in AU Draenor because "reasons" and this despite no interference or encounters with the Bronze Dragonflight.

B.) Passes into AU Draenor in its ancient past so that evidence can be left there, and then journeys into the Nether for the 1,000 years of combat with the Legion. I assume Turalyon got his High Exarch title interacting with the Draenei in AU Draenor's ancient past despite there being no memory of him, and no other connection to him.

I fully understand the subjective elasticity of time in the Nether, sure. But Turalyon being High Exarch, Alleria visiting AU Draenor (and possibly a Night Elf, but I assume that's just a model placeholder), as well as there being not a whiff of Turalyon or Alleria being mentioned by *any* demons for their subjective 1,000 year campaign against the Legion?
    I don't think your B-Point works because I think the Apexis would have already been extinct when the Draenei arrived. Therefore Alleria and Turalyon would have had to arrive prior to the Draenei's arrival on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The time flows a lot slower in the twisting nether.
    No it doesn't. Time is time, a progression of instants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't think your B-Point works because I think the Apexis would have already been extinct when the Draenei arrived. Therefore Alleria and Turalyon would have had to arrive prior to the Draenei's arrival on Draenor.
    I'd agree, which would open up the same issue as to where Turalyon acquired his title.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well that explains how AU Draenor existed before Garry and his Dragon friend traveled there and why there were small differences in its timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    And this progression is much slower in the twisting nether. I searched for a source, but I can't find one at the moment.

I will try to explain each point according to my understanding / headcanon - just keep in mind that belows aren't necessarily what happened, just my theory
    How does Turalyon become High Exarch?
    He could have fought together with an army of Draenei - whether it be in an alternate universe in the past (not necessarily to be AU Draenor, could be another we haven't heard of yet) or the recently under the Army of Light banner - and became their commander, thus got the honorary title of High Exarch.

How does Alleria visit AU Draenor without passing through the altered Azeroth Dark Portal (since she obviously wasn't present during Garrosh's trial in War Crimes when Garrosh and Kairoz first came to AU Draenor)?
    Passing through that Dark Portal wasn't the only way to access AU Draenor. It was just a link between AU Draenor and our Azeroth. Seeing that Twisting Nether transcends all realities, there probably be some methods to travel through time to different universes just by using the Twisting Nether. The Burning Legion demons never used that portal, for example.

Why don't *any* demons from the Nether mention or otherwise allude to him ever, especially if they've fought against them for what would be 1,000 years to both parties?

The demons don't speak of them, the Draenei don't know them, etc. etc.
    The Draenei in AU Draenor don't know of them because they might have never interacted. They could've just visited AU Draenor to recruit that whatever race the Apexis, then went back to wherever they were. The Demons don't seem to mention their fights much, other than Azeroth. The Naaru supposedly have been fighting against them for thousands of years according to information in Illidan, still we haven't seen much mention of these battles yet, neither did we hear about the destruction of Nathreza to Illidan force (10 years ago, so more recently) so far.

The Hunter quest in Legion flat out stated that time flows differently / unpredictably in the Nether so yes, it does.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-15 at 06:05 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    And this progression is much slower in the twisting nether. I searched for a source, but I can't find one at the moment.
    Time is a progression of instants that never slows down or speeds up. Not in real life, and not in a fantasy setting either. In a fantasy setting where anything should be possible, there is no point in establishing canon "rules/laws". If there is no point in establishing canon "rules/laws", there is no point in upholding canon "rules/laws" as "rules/laws"

I'd agree, which would open up the same issue as to where Turalyon acquired his title.
    What if the title of Exarch is validated by a Naaru? That would make sense considering how much Draenei religion, military and government revolve around the Naaru.

Turalyon could have encountered a Naaru or Elder Naaru (which is very likely, 1000 years is a long ass time) and possibly even more dimensional ships. If that ends up being the case I could see it plausible that they granted him the title of High Exarch (of the Army of Light).

Time is a progression of instants that never slows down or speeds up. Not in real life, and not in a fantasy setting either.
    Dude, I don't write the lore.

Time is a progression of instants that never slows down or speeds up. Not in real life, and not in a fantasy setting either.
    Oh Jesus fuck, get over yourself already. Time doesn't flow in the Caverns of Time and in some cases moves backwards. It's called magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh Jesus fuck, get over yourself already. Time doesn't flow in the Caverns of Time and in some cases moves backwards. It's called magic.
    In a fantasy setting where anything should be possible, there is no point in establishing canon "rules/laws". If there is no point in establishing canon "rules/laws", there is no point in upholding canon "rules/laws" as "rules/laws"
    ^^^^^^^What Rainforest stated

bronze dragons only monitor azeroths timeline. not any other planet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

time in the Twisting Nether flows differently.Hunter quest in Legion proved that.in Illidan Novel Illidan noted that while his spirit was in the Nether,in physical world it looked like it was a hearbeat while in TN it was like whole eternity.

Time is a progression of instants that never slows down or speeds up. Not in real life,"
    uh, yeah it does.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    uh, yeah it does.
    No it doesn't. It moves with lockstepped regularity.

^^^^^^^What Rainforest stated
    Lol after you edited it in. You'd be the only person in this entire thread trying to argue how time doesn't flow differently in the TN when it's clearly stated it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    when it's clearly stated it does.
    Where is it clearly stated it does? You've yet to provide me with a source stating it does.