Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And what are you willing to give up for this in exchange?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post

Of all the things wrong with Destro at the moment, spell animations should be last on the priority list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Of all the things wrong with Destro at the moment, spell animations should be last on the priority list.
    How is this related? People doing these things are not the ones who fix "all the things wrong with Destro at the moment" (whatever that means).

New animation or not one of my favorite things about it will go away soon. No more multistrike means no mini CB flying behind it. Out of all the spells in the game this or the monk keg toss were my favorites to watch the multistrike procs for.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    V
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    How bout we separate mechanics and graphics homie? It ain't no same hood so no, Tyrone won't take bmx from his cousin Tyrone The Two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    YESSS my dark apprentice we can do so much together. you see them there? they can be our slaves!!! yes yes yes transformed!!! such a ruinous melody courses through these membranes of me

because new higher quality affects are always better, you know, em shinies arrr mate
    god fucking damn it I hate weebs.

Chaos Bolt looks fine. I don't deny that it could use an upgrade on the effect but I like the way it looks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I've never liked it, not even when it was brand new. A dragon's head doesn't make sense for a spell like that.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Since it's chaos...it should probably be a different head each time.

Dragon head one cast, penguin head the next...maybe a moose head? People seem to like moose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    god fucking damn it I hate weebs.

Chaos Bolt looks fine. I don't deny that it could use an upgrade on the effect but I like the way it looks right now.
    no! needs to be upgraded!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Since it's chaos...it should probably be a different head each time.

Dragon head one cast, penguin head the next...maybe a moose head? People seem to like moose.
    now I have idea! a green orb with blue and red fire pulsing around it, like totally changing almost taking shape on energy like tentacles, changing its shape during flight

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    V

How bout we separate mechanics and graphics homie? It ain't no same hood so no, Tyrone won't take bmx from his cousin Tyrone The Two.
    Destro is my favorite spec but to be honest, I'd rather them spend resources on anything except graphics. Story, mechanics, balance -- literally anything else.

I'm entirely aware I'm a minority. I could give a damn about graphics (other than graphics overload from seeing way too much crap on my screen). I care about story or fun *game play*. Looking pretty is the bottom of my list.

I can respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree on the priority of it.

Deleted
    Destro is my favorite spec but to be honest, I'd rather them spend resources on anything except graphics. Story, mechanics, balance -- literally anything else.

I'm entirely aware I'm a minority. I could give a damn about graphics (other than graphics overload from seeing way too much crap on my screen). I care about story or fun *game play*. Looking pretty is the bottom of my list.

I can respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree on the priority of it.
    and what has one to do with the other? different teams do different jobs. spell animations are uber important and are being done by other folk than those who do story, mechanics and balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Does fire bolt, lightning bolt, frost bolt need a new animation? If so, why?
    They all did get new animations. Probably to give caster classes some love similarly to how melee classes got new attack animations.

So yeah... Chaos Bolt could get an update as well, especially since it's one of the ugliest spells currently and it's one the core spells for Destruction.

The current form is one of the best looking ones IMHO.

Way better than, say, arcane blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    What can you really do about Arcane Blast, though? I don't think there's much to really improve on for its spell effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They all did get new animations. Probably to give caster classes some love similarly to how melee classes got new attack animations.

So yeah... Chaos Bolt could get an update as well, especially since it's one of the ugliest spells currently and it's one the core spells for Destruction.
    Being ugly is subjective. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I've not seen anyone say "yes, it's unattractive for years because of X; here is what I would like to see as a planned appearance change."

People just come in here to negate something just to negate it, but offer no actual constructive feedback as an alternative. It's pretty mindblowing. I haven't seen but one actual suggestion, and it wasn't even about an animation change.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I've never liked it, not even when it was brand new. A dragon's head doesn't make sense for a spell like that.
    I like the fact that it's green and blackish in color but, yeah I've always wondered why it's in the shaped of a dragon skull. If anything shouldn't it be in the shaped of a demon skull? Not saying that it needs an updated animation just curious as to why chaos=dragon skull

Yeah I want to keep the fiery green dragon, but I'd like a graphical update. Maybe take out the skeletal part and just make it a dragons maw made of fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Yeah I want to keep the fiery green dragon, but I'd like a graphical update. Maybe take out the skeletal part and just make it a dragons maw made of fire.
    I hope they keep the green dragon. I really like the concept of the effect, would be cool to see what Blizzard would do to make it look better and in line with the other updated effects that the other classes got.