Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Refers to others who want an interesting playable race as edgelords, has Gilgamesh from the Fate anime plastered all over his signature and profile pic. You clearly win the irony Olympics.
    speaking of profiles, was buttpirate already taken?

7+ Year Old Account
    Refers to others who want an interesting playable race as edgelords
    I was refering to the race itself. Not the people
    has Gilgamesh from the Fate anime plastered all over his signature and profile pic. You clearly win the irony Olympics.
    Did The King of Uruk triggered you so hard that you need to used it as somekind of insult?

The arguments against from a technical perspective are quite weak
    "they are not bipedal, so it would make extra work for blizzard" "how would mounting look like?" Well shit, blizzard is not a band of high schoolers aiming at a 60% for their exams, they constantly try to surpass themselves and face challenges, especially in the art department, just look at how much the game has improved aesthetically since vanilla.
    I mean, weren't some saying that demon hunters were not going to happen because they don't wear chest pieces? don't define how impossible an artistical challenge is when you have 0 creativity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    psh feet can become tail rings.

problem solved.
    This is always a weird one for me...

People keep saying that instead of boots and legs armor, there could be armor plates on their tales or as you just said tail rings, but how would that even work? Like, would the armor plates or whatever have the same textures as the armor? How would that look? How would you make that work?

I don't know man... I just don't see how to make that work. Some of the races have hooves and such but it isn't really a big deal because they're still bipedal, it's different with Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post

People keep saying that instead of boots and legs armor, there could be armor plates on their tales or as you just said tail rings, but how would that even work? Like, would the armor plates or whatever have the same textures as the armor? How would that look? How would you make that work?

I don't know man... I just don't see how to make that work. Some of the races have hooves and such but it isn't really a big deal because they're still bipedal, it's different with Naga.
    Approximately the same as it works with the races that don't have usable feet. Tauren, Troll, Draenei, Pandaren... They all just get little anklet rings using the 'cuff' sections of the same boots that other races get. This is what they have done with Naga since BC. They've been able to wear armor for ages.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Approximately the same as it works with the races that don't have usable feet. Tauren, Troll, Draenei, Pandaren... They all just get little anklet rings using the 'cuff' sections of the same boots that other races get. This is what they have done with Naga since BC. They've been able to wear armor for ages.
    Yeah but for the races without usable feet it works because all you have to do is just not have the foot texture there. How would you accomplish that with Naga? Have just one cuff part of a boot at the tip of their tail? Don't you think that would look weird? I think it would look a bit strange but I don't speak for everyone.

In terms of leg armor I know that Naga can wear leg armor but it looks really strange, to me at least, I mean look at the first picture on the first page of this post, the two Naga are wearing the Onslaught warrior tier but it looks super weird. Thus they'd have to have plates on their tails, but, like I said, how would that work? If the plates have the same textures as the gear you're equipping what happens when the texture's don't match with the gear?

15+ Year Old Account

...alot of character models in the game already use alternate models of gear. Draenei/Tauren use hoof wraps, Trolls are nearly barfoot, Worgen don't use boots either.

Btw, I'm in the bipedal naga camp :3 . but i'm saying it's not "impossible", my problem with the naga mostly revolves around their mounting animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but for the races without usable feet it works because all you have to do is just not have the foot texture there. How would you accomplish that with Naga? Have just one cuff part of a boot at the tip of their tail? Don't you think that would look weird? I think it would look a bit strange but I don't speak for everyone.

In terms of leg armor I know that Naga can wear leg armor but it looks really strange, to me at least, I mean look at the first picture on the first page of this post, the two Naga are wearing the Onslaught warrior tier but it looks super weird. Thus they'd have to have plates on their tails, but, like I said, how would that work? If the plates have the same textures as the gear you're equipping what happens when the texture's don't match with the gear?
    That's not "how they would do it". That's "how they are currently doing it" heh. It uses the exact same texture set as the boots. Rather than having the entire texture applied to a boot model, they instead select only a subsection of the boot texture and wrap it onto the model's skin. It's not something any extra work would have to be done for... It already functions perfectly well in game.

Edit: Those naga in warrior tier on page 1 aren't fan art... those are from the game files :P
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2016-04-16 at 09:37 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    That's not "how they would do it". That's "how they are currently doing it" heh. It uses the exact same texture set as the boots. Rather than having the entire texture applied to a boot model, they instead select only a subsection of the boot texture and wrap it onto the model's skin. It's not something any extra work would have to be done for... It already functions perfectly well in game.

Edit: Those naga in warrior tier on page 1 aren't fan art... those are from the game files :P
    Exactly, that's what they're currently doing, and it looks strange, that's exactly my point, it looks dumb as hell.

I'm not sure you noticed that picture in the OP, but Naga have been able to equip and display all gear except helmets(which have to be custom build for every race/gender combination) since Cataclysm.

I find it rather confusing that people constantly question this, when Blizzard already solved the issue years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, that's what they're currently doing, and it looks strange, that's exactly my point, it looks dumb as hell.
    Then your issue is aesthetics, not any technical problems. And that's entirely the realm of opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only see it if the Naga are turned into a bipedal subrace, Blizzard isn't going to give them the only unique mount animation, that also has to work within the constraints of normal characters as to not clip a lot.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    not without countless jokes about Naga stealing raidloot for the next 2 years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then your issue is aesthetics, not any technical problems. And that's entirely the realm of opinion.
    My issue is aesthetics yes, you're absolutely right.

My issue is that I think it's going to look stupid, unless of course something is done to make it look like they aren't wearing armor-textured sleepingbags on their tails.

If someone is fine with the status quo then that's fine, do your thing.

I'm just not a fan.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2016-04-16 at 09:50 PM.

They can't be. They could get near the Pandarian and the turtle mounts. Naga are scared of turtles?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. We don't need more playable races, especially Naga.
    Couldn't hurt though so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I can only see it if the Naga are turned into a bipedal subrace, Blizzard isn't going to give them the only unique mount animation, that also has to work within the constraints of normal characters as to not clip a lot.
    the same could be said about already playable races. Have you seen female blood elves riding? their legs have to spread so much to fit some of the mounts that they look absolutely ridiculous on thinner ones. The naga would certainly not be the first nor the last in that respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    the same could be said about already playable races. Have you seen female blood elves riding? their legs have to spread so much to fit some of the mounts that they look absolutely ridiculous on thinner ones. The naga would certainly not be the first nor the last in that respect.
    Legs dont spread any further based on the mount your ride you have one default posture for every mount(except the new motorcycles they have custom postures).

Deleted
    You know, I like naga. But it doesn't change the fact that I could still live without them (as I love night elves).

But that being said, I'm amazed at how little imagination some of you here in this thread are putting in the idea. Whenever it's the naga question, it's the same old broken record:

"they can't wear armour" - well... there's an actual picture in the OP showing them wearing one and you're still saying they can't wear armour? Are you blind?
    "they can't ride mounts' - again, picture in OP. Chariots. etc. Plenty of ideas.

If Blizzard would have had so low creativity as some of you are expecting, WoW would have never been successful.

Do you mean if say their boots were red and their pants were green? They'd probably have a stripe of red on their tail surrounding green. They'd look like clowns... kind of like how we looked in TBC while we were gathering gear too and as many of us still do while leveling. So, overall, an issue all races have.

Or do you mean from an actual biological aspect, how would they slither around with armour on their tails?

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Why not? I mean, what's preventing them from giving naga an unique mounted animation?

As for clipping, my night elf ears disagree. They pierce everything. Now, they shouldn't have large amounts of clipping, but the fins on the back clipping out of the armour actually look exotic. Kind of like how forsaken bones show for many armours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible but with current Blizzard who knows? I'd have to wait and see how Legion after how atrocious WoD was. I don't think Blizzard's heart is in it anymore when it comes to the World of Warcraft.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.