Sony Vegas. Picture for the file you make. How?

Hello

The file you get after rendering with sony vegas has a picture on it. How do you set that to be what you like?

Sony vegas pro 13

Iv tried googling it, changed the wording several times, but I just dont get relevant hits.

Are you talking about the thumbnail? Like, when you are using Windows Explorer in your video directory, the little sample image that is generated?

These thumbnails are either generated by microsoft (or your video playing software)... it goes through and grabs a video frame to use. Or they are embedded in the metadata.

If it is grabbing a random frame, then there's nothing you can do.

If it's embedded in the metadata then you need software to do it.

See if Sony Vegas can do it. Probably in "properties" of your video or somthing. See if microsoft can do it: Right click the file, select properties (I kind of doubt it). See if Media Player can do it: import the video, right click, see if you can change the thumbnail.

Otherwise you might need third party software. A quick search found MetaX or Itunes can do it.

Anyway, if it is the thumbnail you want to change, now you have the right word to do your google searches. Good luck to you. I'm on a mac right now, so I can't really test for you. (except Itunes, but I refuse to use that).

Hey.

"Thumbnail does not give relevant hits" (tried that early on, but thanks still).

Yes, its the picture in the file thats shown on my pc above the files (movies) name.

I tried meta x, and assume iTunes simply changes the files picture in iTunes itselves (not in my folder on my pc) ?
    Last edited by Lanfear1; 2016-04-19 at 08:58 PM.