Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Over whelming about of people telling you are wrong, some are even athirst, and yet you keep saying you're right. I don't think anything will convince you.
    It's just a statement of fact. If this was A-OK for open lunch policy, then there wouldn't even be a need for school officials to be in the area. Obviously having 200 kids in an area is out of the normal procedure for the public school.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's more I just thought it would be funny to watch Satan and some Succubuses handing out cupcakes to school kids across the park from the church ladies
    Some dude dressed as Satan in assless chaps server devils food cake, I would eat that, the cake that is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It's just a statement of fact. If this was A-OK for open lunch policy, then there wouldn't even be a need for school officials to be in the area. Obviously having 200 kids in an area is out of the normal procedure for the public school.
    But you're not stating facts

If no school operations were disrupted and this was part of the open lunch policy, then there would be no need for school officials to be in the area.
    I'm confused at why school officials are there in the first place. Any resulting "disruption" is on them for exceeding where they need to be. Open lunch is open lunch. Lots of schools have this. You go, eat, and come back. Nobody monitors where you go. You don't send officials to the local McDonalds or Subway.

And to some of your other statements. I know it might be baffling to someone as closed-minded as you are demonstrating yourself to be, but yes, some people actually do choose to be religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    It's almost like the problem you have with this lunch, is that with so many people congregating to show their faith, it shows people it's "ok" to be religious if you want to be. You fear that if you don't make the religious feel like outcasts, that more might embrace it?
    Well said.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-04-18 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some dude dressed as Satan in assless chaps server devils food cake, I would eat that, the cake that is
    Right? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Why aren't Satan Bake Sales a thing.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Believe it or not some people choose to be Christian.

They like the message of hope and love and all of it's comfort.

They also like the sense of community and higher meaning in life as well as purpose.
    Good for them, just don't try to disrupt the lives of other students and the school by doing so. Unless of course you think the state should facilitate the message of our lord and savior Jesus H. Christ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Why aren't Satan Bake Sales a thing.
    They are? Well kinda...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Ah yes, the kids willingly chose to be Christian.
    They choose to be religious as much as they choose to be adopted by a homosexual couple. As long as they're brought up to be law abiding citizens, we can't really say anything.

Thankfully all these liberals believe in womans rights. That baby that becomes a christian is not a person, it's part of the mother. If she wants it to be christian like her, well it's her body!
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-04-18 at 06:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good for them, just don't try to disrupt the lives of other students and the school by doing so. Unless of course you think the state should facilitate the message of our lord and savior Jesus H. Christ?
    The only lives they are disrupting are people with a chip on their shoulder such as you who loathe religion.

Most normal people wouldn't care one way or another.

Are you the type that gets all worked up if somebody tells you merry christmas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I'm confused at why school officials are there in the first place. Any resulting "disruption" is on them for exceeding where they need to be. Open lunch is open lunch. Lots of schools have this. You go, eat, and come back. Nobody monitors where you go. You don't send officials to the local McDonalds or Subway.

And to some of your other statements. I know it might be baffling to someone as closed-minded as you are demonstrating yourself to be, but yes, some people actually do choose to be religious.
    Exactly, which is why this event is a major disruption to their operations, which is grounds enough for the school to monitor, supervise, and curb attendance.

I don't think you can call it a choice when it's the only explanation you have heard your entire childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't have a problem with this jesus lunch, but I hardly think brainwashing from birth constitutes a choice.
    Cultural influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Political influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Philosophical influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Religious influences since birth, BRAINWASHING!

An a specific note, how do you feel about your Prime Minister building tons of Islamic Mosques using tax payer dollars all over Canada? Surely in your opinion a fair amount of brainwashing will be occurring. Have you done anything to rebuke Trudea?

15+ Year Old Account
    The only lives they are disrupting are people with a chip on their shoulder such as you who loathe religion.

No, they are disrupting the lives and the learning process of hundreds of other children. Also, the administrators have a duty to protect and monitor the children from potential harm, which could result in lawsuits from the Jesus Mother crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get worked up for anything, I just know when I see desperate pandering to children for validation of their ideology when I see it.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they are disrupting the lives and the learning process of hundreds of other children. Also, the administrators have a duty to protect and monitor the children from potential harm, which could result in lawsuits from the Jesus Mother crowd.
    I am sure other kids are so viciously disrupted by the fact some of their classmates choose to have lunch with other like minded individuals.

Exactly, which is why this event is a major disruption to their operations, which is grounds enough for the school to monitor, supervise, and curb attendance.

I don't think you can call it a choice when it's the only explanation you have heard your entire childhood.
    Holy fucking shit.

Listen to what this guy is saying.

It is a major disruption to school operations because school officials are trying to disrupt this event.

My mind is fucking blown.

This poster cannot be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    An a specific note, how do you feel about your Prime Minister building tons of Islamic Mosques using tax payer dollars all over Canada? Surely in your opinion a fair amount of brainwashing will be occurring. Have you done anything to rebuke Trudea?
    I thought we already went over this? Islam and Christianity are the same to me. I think they should all have their tax exempt statuses revoked as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sure other kids are so viciously disrupted by the fact some of their classmates choose to have lunch with other like minded individuals.
    I know you don't hold the learning process or education in high regard, but please think of the children.

Deleted
    LGBT, Muslim, Athiest, what ever, I still see 0 problem with it, not sure why people keep bringing it up as an argument.
    Because any such gathering would produce a massive media shitstorm, LGBT and athiesm would be somewhat protected and supported whent he bigotry came pouring in, but a muslim gathering teaching about islam and serving halal food? My god people would tear them up so bad, Fox News would call it a terrorist recruitment drive and so on and on....

When it comes to religion and the western world, america is really really backwards. I'm all for religous freedom, but this event is just telling a bunch of hungry teens with probably somewhat shitty food in school than there is nice free food across the street and all they have to do is listen to some Jesus talk.

Now for the ones who arent really easily swayed or care for such things, its free food and a bad joke or two. But alot of teens are very very easily influenced, especially if they are having a hard time fitting in or whatever, and I just cannot condone serving religion to them like this, if they themselves seek it out... Fine, but this is luring in kids and having them listen to something that is potentially harming to their academic career depending on the message being spread. (No, disregarding evoltion, believing in creationism etc will not get you very far in higher studies... Thankfully.)

Religion has it's place, and so does faith. It's not anywhere near a school or minors who havent made a concious choice to seek it out.

This is some kids in their free time, leaving on their lunch break to go get some free food. That's it.

You are going to need to demonstrate exactly how this is a disruption. You can't both say that they need to monitor it because it is a disruption, and also say that it is a disruption because they need to monitor it. This is a circular argument. Please state exactly how this is disrupting to general school business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    They choose to be religious as much as they choose to be adopted by a homosexual couple. As long as they're brought up to be law abiding citizens, we can't really say anything.
    This is a completely asinine and false analogy. First of all, you don't choose to be gay, straight, or anywhere in between on that spectrum. You're just born a certain way. You do, however, choose to believe in a religion. It's 100% a choice, and something you can walk away from right now without another thought. Also, gay parents aren't, in any way or form, making their children gay. However, if you're baptized or something similar, you are made to enter into a religion and it's institution, without your consent, and you can't leave that institution until a certain age.

Religious households will, also, indoctrinate their children quite often into believing the same things that the religious parents do, and there are a lot of cases where this has horrible outcomes; look at Leah Remini, just as one great example. She was born to a mother who joined the church when she was just 9 years old, and thus she was brought up as a scientologist. Thankfully though, she got out of that horrid institution. Gay parents wont indoctrinate their children into "being gay". They're just as regular as parents as any other parents are.

Well, at least now the school's butt is covered from parents complaining that their children are being indoctrinated.

"I understand completely, Mrs Smith. We tried to get these lunches shut down but we were told by the city that we have no authority to do so"

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Cultural influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Political influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Philosophical influences since birth, not brainwashing.

Religious influences since birth, BRAINWASHING!
    Religion is apart of culture ... just saying.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code