Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Because You can't get a better job then minimum wage without a college degree.. O wait.. you can. I got one and I dropped out of school at 15.
    Stop being lazy.
    How ironic of you to call me lazy when you couldn't even be bothered to complete highschool lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    If you're that young you can get into a Nurse program anywhere in Europe. There's never enough medical staff, and it's way more than min wage.

Good luck.
    I live in Canada in a town where the nearest hospital is 3 or so hours away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    We accept immigrants from the colonies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    How ironic of you to call me lazy when you couldn't even be bothered to complete highschool lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing you are the one moaning about working minimum wage without bettering your self.. id say I can call you lazy .
    I was lazy as fuck when in school, hated it and had to pay for my laziness by working stupid hours for years to get higher up.
    If I could turn back time I would have done things differently.. but I can't.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I won't argue economics, we can go round for hours about it.

Consider this: In almost every major metropolitan area(where the jobs are) Rent in a shitty apartment in the ghetto or boonies costs no less than 500$/mo. That's in almost every major city in the U.S. Getting out of the ghetto immediately pushes you up to 800-1000 a month range, and it's usually not much better.

Believe it or not most people don't have the luxury or privilege of parents supporting them. They get kicked out or parents go to jail or w/e, a young person starts out life paying more than 2/3 of their pay to be independent.

If you don't want to raise pay, then lower rent.
    Landlord speaking here, no way in hell I will lower rates, specially when section 8 pays so lucrativly. All I have to do is sift through candidates which are eligible for the most. Even if section 8 people fuck up my place, it's paid. The only risk as a landlord I take is hiring non section 8 people because fuck that low ass security deposit. Ever wonder how much money a scratch in a kitchen cabinet is worth? Like 100$. If I claim it through section 8, rub some marker over it, I pocket 99.99$ Plus, the value is restored for the next shit lord mongoloid to destroy. Entire retirement is going to be built on reach people waterfronts or shitlord section 8.

I can provide all utilties for 1000+$ a month

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Landlord speaking here, no way in hell I will lower rates, specially when section 8 pays so lucrativly. All I have to do is sift through candidates which are eligible for the most. Even if section 8 people fuck up my place, it's paid. The only risk as a landlord I take is hiring non section 8 people because fuck that low ass security deposit. Ever wonder how much money a scratch in a kitchen cabinet is worth? Like 100$. If I claim it through section 8, rub some marker over it, I pocket 99.99$ Plus, the value is restored for the next shit lord mongoloid to destroy. Entire retirement is going to be built on reach people waterfronts or shitlord section 8.

I can provide all utilties for 1000+$ a month
    Guy pretends to be a landlord so he can point out all the ways "Section 8" is actually bad welfare, but in doing so, inadvertently shows the real problem to be money grubbing landlords who are unscrupulous.

Next, he'll swear he's actually a landlord and didn't get his "facts" from Briebart.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

National minimum wages don't make much sense to me, unless you make the minimum match the lowest cost of living areas. Let the states that have higher costs of living add additional pay to the minimum in their areas. They already do this so, it's working as intended. This is a state issue, not a Federal issue.

Also, is this a total necro of this thread, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Nurses get paid based on specialization and by location. An Oncology Nurse in the city of Chicago in one of the university hospitals is going to break six figures while an ordinary RN is lucky to break $45,000 in the suburbs. Medical almost is always about locaton -- if your hospital is leading cutting age research into new treatments you're going to see higher wages for those working in that hospital.

I suppose the same could be said of teachers.

That being said -- The bottom rung of educators and medical personal are vastly being underpaid to begin with. Considering the education and skills required to become a nurse or a teacher it sort of makes the whole "education = better pay" argument redundant.
    Ok maybe that was a poor example. What I meant was that it's a wage that way over the norm for most jobs here, with 'here' being Sweden. Unless you studied the extra 2-6 years to become an Upper Secondary/University lecturer you won't see higher numbers, and teachers have always been a middle-of-the-pack of jobs (way too low for the shit they go through nowadays but that's off-topic).

My job is well recieved for paying out good as a first / part-time job and it pays out $15,05 / hour (before the tax cut by 33%). Others go at $11 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the minimum wage going up I would imagine the prices of things going up as well. Wouldn't it? I mean would the government really let us live that easily without getting something out of it? Higher taxes? I can't imagine this raise in the minimum wage coming without any sort of consequences. People think they're just going to be able to work at McDonalds their whole life and be able to just live off of that paycheck. It's going to go back to the way it was and then people are going to ask for $25 an hour and before you know it, it's Inflation City. We'll be paying $10 for a pack of M&Ms.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    With the minimum wage going up I would imagine the prices of things going up as well. Wouldn't it? I mean would the government really let us live that easily without getting something out of it? Higher taxes? I can't imagine this raise in the minimum wage coming without any sort of consequences. People think they're just going to be able to work at McDonalds their whole life and be able to just live off of that paycheck. It's going to go back to the way it was and then people are going to ask for $25 an hour and before you know it, it's Inflation City. We'll be paying $10 for a pack of M&Ms.
    Oh joy, another person dragging out this PRATT.

Go back in the thread and look. Your imagining has been refuted repeatedly.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Oh joy, another person dragging out this PRATT.

Go back in the thread and look. Your imagining has been refuted repeatedly.
    Sorry but I don't do research projects to see if my point has been "PRATT"ed about. It's a waste of time. If you don't feel like replying to my comment then don't say anything and ignore it, simple as that.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15 bucks per hour ... damn, my salary in Russia is like 3 times less per hour (after all taxes, 8h/day, 5/7 days a week)
    Last edited by Makarena; 2016-04-30 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Sorry but I don't do research projects to see if my point has been "PRATT"ed about. It's a waste of time. If you don't feel like replying to my comment then don't say anything and ignore it, simple as that.
    The point is, it's a claim that anyone with A) a rudimentary understanding of the basics of how prices work and B) basic junior-high level mathematics would know is completely ridiculous.

It's like saying "If we raise taxes, won't people just get paid less so they have to pay less in taxes?" It's a ridiculous argument, on its face.

The issue here is, many of us took the time to break down exactly why it's ridiculous, and you blew past all that, ignoring everything that had already been posted, just to ask the same question. It's like walking past a half-dozen signs saying "Free Burger Day is Thursday", to ask the people at the counter when Free Burger Day is. It's annoying.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post39874370
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39874191
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post39876948
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post39877093
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post39880579