Thread: Feral Is 'Bad'

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral Is 'Bad'

Feral was my main this expansion and the first build I focus on .. even got the Legendary Ring!! After that I started playing Warrior / DK Frost / Shadow ..

At this point after many months on each build/class I can safely say 'Feral' is the worst of the melee build .. While I have not played Rogue pretty sure Feral is worse ..

Amazingly Warrior is more mobile than Feral with either x2 charge or a 12sec charge ... a huge leap and an intervene .. DK mobility may seem poor but the build has PvP trinket AND a talent that's pretty much another trinket (Desecrate Ground) as well as Lichborne (Charm / Fear / Sleep) AND Magic Shell as well as a pull and Frost Presence which reduces CC duration ..

Shadow Priests are just crazy burst build with fantastic mobility and amazing utility .. The burst is just off the scale ..

So now back to my Feral which I had thought was a powerhouse .. Defensively the build is miles below the rest (melee at least) and damage is just not there outside of the 15sec god mode window -which any half experience team can mitigate half of ..

CC wise while Feral has Cyclone you need team to help you set it up .. Other builds don't need help landing CC at all .. Warrior has arguably the best CC in the game which is Storm Bolt .. lands through cloak and evasion!!

I don't want this post to get any longer but to all those complaining about Feral please play one and then try Warrior / DK ..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Err... right.

Feral is not "OP" but it's FAAAAAAR from being bad. Jungle is a decent comp at the moment and it's not exactly hard to play, lol. Definitely a strong spec at the moment.

Warrior is not more mobile, we have 2 speed increases, passive movement speed, a charge on a 15 second cooldown and immunity to roots/slows and poly.

I don't get where you're judging this from? Like skirmishes or something? Shadow Priest is nowhere near as good as you're making out. Feral damage outside of CDs isn't that bad, I'm sure you're not playing it properly at all.

Nearly every comp needs co-ordination to get CC off... what do you mean by saying no one needs to set up CC properly? How is storm bolt a better CC than Cyclone? Cyclone is such a good CC, it can't be dispelled. has no CD and you can also use it offensively to stop people getting healed, THAT's the best cc in the game. On top of that you also have a bash, which you can use to cross-cc yourself or even stun everyone with Incarn Rake.

I don't really understand any of your points. In terms of arena it's probably on-par with DK.

Nearly everything you've mentioned is false, I really have no idea what you're judging from.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-18 at 07:23 PM.

Not sure if OP is serious.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Not sure if OP is serious.
    Yeah but judging from other stuff he's posted here I'm assuming he is, lol.

Deleted
    You forgot the insane selfheal
    And OP soul cpacitor team oneshots in randoms just because there is few critters around when trinket procks to swipe over
    Perosonally i found feral for much more fun to play with in randoms that warrior for example
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-04-18 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Melee complaining about shadow priest?

Wat.

I main Ret, this xpac i pushed high both 3s & 5s (the latter for 2.2k for my AM tittle), trust me, feral is in far far faaaaaar better in overall position than Ret this entire expac, Rets were only good 1st month of WOD S1 then we got 4 nerfs in the row, which resulted in WODs2/s3 being one of the worst if not the worst PvP seasons for Rets since BC.
    Feral is not great as other melee classes (other than Ret) at high end of arena, id say 2.5k+ where people can just shut down/cc ur burst; however, saying that feral is one of the ROFL stomped classes at low/medium CR 3s, you just need run Fera/Hunter/Hpal or Rshammy: all u do is tunnel healer or open on a soft dps, then swap healer and GG, that alone will get you easy 2.4k.
    At 2.5k+ warrior,shadow,frost pull ahead due to skill level of the teams and their ability to peel/cc/control the feral's burst.

feral lacks mobility.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, bitch please, as an ele shaman if you had any more ways to just sit on my ass and unable to get any distance you'd be waiting for me in my garrison before i could use garrison hearthstone.

maybe it's just not at mop levels, where ferals could fucking bubble and disperse? i once attacked farm and i did over 2.8 million damage to a feral, there were no healers......yes a dps healed for 5 times his own hp pool, then killed me.

BUFF FERALS!
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2016-04-19 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    feral lacks mobility.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, bitch please, as an ele shaman if you had any more ways to just sit on my ass and unable to get any distance you'd be waiting for me in my garrison before i could use garrison hearthstone.

maybe it's just not at mop levels, where ferals could fucking bubble and disperse? i once attacked farm and i did over 2.8 million damage to a feral, there were no healers......yes a dps healed for 5 times his own hp pool, then killed me.

BUFF FERALS!
    Yep thats actually true, ferals have insane healing 1v1, if u can't stun/silence them while they are popping their 1 shot macro, chance u won't kill them if they can dps u.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. yeh in MOP they were insane with Dispersion or Bubble. I remb those comps Hpal/Shadow/Feral...aids

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I main Ret, this xpac i pushed high both 3s & 5s (the latter for 2.2k for my AM tittle), trust me, feral is in far far faaaaaar better in overall position than Ret this entire expac, Rets were only good 1st month of WOD S1 then we got 4 nerfs in the row, which resulted in WODs2/s3 being one of the worst if not the worst PvP seasons for Rets since BC.
    Feral is not great as other melee classes (other than Ret) at high end of arena, id say 2.5k+ where people can just shut down/cc ur burst; however, saying that feral is one of the ROFL stomped classes at low/medium CR 3s, you just need run Fera/Hunter/Hpal or Rshammy: all u do is tunnel healer or open on a soft dps, then swap healer and GG, that alone will get you easy 2.4k.
    At 2.5k+ warrior,shadow,frost pull ahead due to skill level of the teams and their ability to peel/cc/control the feral's burst.
    Agree .. though I never even considered Retr tbh .. don't play it in rated just randoms ..

Feral isn't the worse melee, spriest moblity?!?! what, Feral may not have two leaps...oh wait they do: but being immune to sheep and avoid roots on top of the high base speed rather makes up for your perceived lack of mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    feral lacks mobility.

BUFF FERALS!
    Elemental?! Arguably the worst PvP DPS build in the game .. you brought that build up!

Feral, after playing Warrior+DK, is miles below and far from what many posters here claim a"OP."

The more I play Warrior+DK and then jump back to Feral the more I realize how lacking Feral is ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Elemental?! Arguably the worst PvP DPS build in the game .. you brought that build up!

Feral, after playing Warrior+DK, is miles below and far from what many posters here claim a"OP."

The more I play Warrior+DK and then jump back to Feral the more I realize how lacking Feral is ..
    I've been gearing up almost all melee specs in WoD, aswell as my boomkin and elemental shaman.

Elemental is not at all bad, can kite people decently and procc city people down really fast. But if you have 1 feral on you, I might aswell /afk.

Ferals and frost dk has been the gods of 1v1 in WoD. Warriors, rogues, others are better in high rated arena usually though.

A feral should completely reck any warrior or dk, just learn to play it will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I've been gearing up almost all melee specs in WoD, aswell as my boomkin and elemental shaman.

Elemental is not at all bad, can kite people decently and procc city people down really fast. But if you have 1 feral on you, I might aswell /afk.

Ferals and frost dk has been the gods of 1v1 in WoD. Warriors, rogues, others are better in high rated arena usually though.

A feral should completely reck any warrior or dk, just learn to play it will you.
    While I understand your frustration being some one who plays builds that have crazy sticking power (Feral / Warrior / DK) and enjoy /troll'n with my Retr in randoms (Retr are kings of 1v1) I was referring to team PvP ..

Don't get me wrong Feral is crazy fun for me in yolo game play .. just in a group Vs group setting whatever my feral can do my warrior/dk does much better .. Just me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    While I understand your frustration being some one who plays builds that have crazy sticking power (Feral / Warrior / DK) and enjoy /troll'n with my Retr in randoms (Retr are kings of 1v1) I was referring to team PvP ..

Don't get me wrong Feral is crazy fun for me in yolo game play .. just in a group Vs group setting whatever my feral can do my warrior/dk does much better .. Just me?
    Feral scales down from God depending on how many enemies there are.

lol won't like this thread made my morning. the OP is funnier then mages claiming they arent "good enuff" yet and need more buffs while actually taking any sort of skill to play. Feral is one of the best melee dps classes in the game rn and does stupid dmg with tons of survivability if you'd learn how to use your amazing mobility that you claim is bad. until you experience ret pvp you have no right to comment on being subpar.

When plebs try to talk balance... FailFish
    "My class not as good as other class, THEY ONE SHOT ME"

10+ Year Old Account
    Spriest highly mobile..? over feral?!

These types of posts are damaging and confusing. Maybe refrain from making class assessments in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is right about Feral being "average". It gets a lot of shit for dealing retarded damage and Incarn/Rake Stun but overall Feral just sucks compared to Warrior in arena.

This entire expansion outside of early in the first season has been basically "Warrior or go home" for melee. Rogues are average, DK's are inconsistent, Rets are bad, Enhance is good, Monks are like DK's.

Warriors have virtually replaced every melee since MoP yet get away with it because they suck in 1v1.

yep warriors are the kings of melee in rated arena (even though walking dead is pretty insane this season), at least in RBGs rogues/dks and maybe even Enh are more desired than Arms.