Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    More shitter assumptions when I've said multiple times I've cleared archi for months when that guy clearly hasn't
    I stand corrected, your logs are actually even worse than that dude's.

If you cant tell which is better this badly then I really feel sorry for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Avoid one wipe and you'll have saved more time overall.

And just because YOU doesn't care, doesn't mean the same goes for the 19 others in the raid. Putting yourself above them is just egoistic. Of course you should give up two minutes of your day to let them have fun, but that seems to be too much to ask for certain people in this thread. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME CENTER OF RAID ME ME ME ME ME ME
    The same can be said about the people who wants a longer pull timer. Who said that a majority of the raids wants to spend extra time waiting just because a few people in the raid wants to have an extra 20 seconds before every boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    LUL
    unlucky.

Going through all the posts I don't even know if a single one of the 25 sec advocates even play a lock but keep telling us that we're bad for not doing it, as the actual lock users.

FYI naysayers, the 1 shard isn't something that's equivalent to an extra chim shot, mortal strike etc. Shard dump is only done at the end of the fight when you know bad RNG wont matter since you don't need to SB:H anymore, but otherwise you should always try to have shards to refresh SB:H rather than just dumping it all. It's NOT an extra secondary resource to dump with CDs. IT IS
    or to be used for "free" soul swap w the extra shard which will save you 2 GCDs for the DPS increase. SS isn't even used for straight ST anyways.

I'm an actual "lock user". 22 second pull timers are a DPS increase and is a QoL benefit for warlocks. If you don't think you can benefit from the shard on the opener, then you are wrong and have no idea what you are doing. It's been worth doing this entire expansion, progression or farm. Even something simple like having a SB:SS to refresh your DoTs during the ring can make a big difference in your opener.

By the way, from my experience, the people who don't care about min/maxing their damage are usually the same people who can't get above 80%, so they try to play it off as "not being a padder" when really they just suck. Obviously the WCL profile someone linked of you proves that point.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If this is honestly the case currently then Blizzard has failed horribly with their class design once again... Good thing they redesign them every expansion. Maybe in legion you guys will be able to start fights without wasting everyone's time.
    Maybe? Let's be honest though, you are raiding on fucking world of warcraft, your time isn't precious.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The same can be said about the people who wants a longer pull timer. Who said that a majority of the raids wants to spend extra time waiting just because a few people in the raid wants to have an extra 20 seconds before every boss?
    Difference is, they actually have a (valid) reason for it. "My life is too busy, I don't have time for 25second pulltimer", lol.

Aff lock doesn't need 25 seconds. Supposedly you have the shard regen at 20 seconds so on pull you get 1 extra shard, but there's never a situation where you burn that many shards on pull. Even if you open with SB:H and SS that you regen them with the current gear and especially w the class trinket unless the lock is extremely undergeared at which why bother catering a long pull timer for an undergeared person

When I tank I give 7 sec pull timers. Most precasting would start at earliest 5 secs in for prepot then precast. I feel like 10 is too long
    You are actually clueless. Locks get 2 free GCDs on pull (which is dps increase in the first 15sec cuz of the ring) with that extra shard, you just SB/Soul swap with that extra shard 7-10sec into the fight so you dont have to reddot manualy

So you're just arguing because you think you know better and playing all high and mighty without even understanding the class

Nope you sure don't. I guess that's why you skipped answering yet still argue for a 25 sec timer just because you play at a level where you think you know how to min max
    Archönite-Stormreaver (US) is you, or is that wrong? Because if it is, you really, really shouldn't try to teach me how to warlock. I think I'm a mediocre warlock player, but I'm far better than you. But then again, it's hard for you to get logs with that slow killtimers. I mean, average pugs (atleast the ones I were in) has better killtimes than your main run.

*Edit. Yes, it is you - lol.

If that's your opener then you're terrible
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline
    Looking at your affliction opener, I think you need to educate us. This wasn't only a one-time-thing either(I checked other weeks and bosses). Bonus star for life tap usage.

No wonder you don't think 25 sec pulltimer is needed - you have no clue how to play warlock.
    Last edited by Amantino; 2016-04-22 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    10 seconds. If you can't get what you need done in that period then you don't belong in the raid.
    Then why do you even need 10 seconds. Stop wasting my time, I only need a 3 second pull. But wait, why do you need pull timer to begin with? Who needs a prepot, it doesn't help your dps much anyway. Just pull whenever you want.

*sarcasm end*

Your point is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difference is, they actually have a (valid) reason for it. "My life is too busy, I don't have time for 25second pulltimer", lol.
    What they consider to be a valid reason might not be a valid reason for others. You can't objectively say that wanting to have the perfect kill is a more valid reason than wanting to clear that instances as fast as possible.

Archönite-Stormreaver (US) is you, or is that wrong? Because if it is, you really, really shouldn't try to teach me how to warlock. I think I'm a mediocre warlock player, but I'm far better than you. But then again, it's hard for you to get logs with that slow killtimers. I mean, average pugs (atleast the ones I were in) has better killtimes than your main run.

*Edit. Yes, it is you - lol.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline
    Looking at your affliction opener, I think you need to educate us. This wasn't only a one-time-thing either(I checked other weeks and bosses). Bonus star for life tap usage.

No wonder you don't think 25 sec pulltimer is needed - you have no clue how to play warlock.
    Link your logs then and show people how its done if you're so amazing even in alt PUGs

Oh here you are.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Clearly a 3:27 kill time is a much faster kill time than 1:27. Sorry for your brain damage but that's not how it works. That 80% HS uptime and UA then SS on pull is how it's done apparently?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=4&view=events
    Quite the pro opener here too apparently. SB SS then manually triple dot. Yep far better indeed
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=4
    I guess that extra shard on pull sure let you keep up haunt for the super extra min maxed DPS right? More like a shitter who opened with a full dump then no shards to refresh who has no clue how to play warlock
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-04-22 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's enough of the dick-measuring. If you all want to fight over warlock logs take it to the warlock forums.

OT: Everyone knows the only thing that matters about a pull-timer is hitting that rogue with a snowball with the countdown at 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people waste minuts to run back, minutes to beg for summons, minutes to buff and food up but those 22 seconds are the worst of my life because I can't wait.
    How about start the pulltimer at 1 min after a wipe and finally see slackers taking a minute to find their food buff in their bags run faster/not wait for a summon.
    If every second of your life means that much to you, WoW isn't the game for you.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Link your logs then and show people how its done if you're so amazing even in alt PUGs

Oh here you are.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4
    Clearly a 3:27 kill time is a much faster kill time than 1:27. Sorry for your brain damage but that's not how it works. That 80% HS uptime and UA then SS on pull is how it's done apparently?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=4&view=events
    Quite the pro opener here too apparently. SB SS then manually triple dot. Yep far better indeed
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...auras&source=4
    I guess that extra shard on pull sure let you keep up haunt for the super extra min maxed DPS right? More like a shitter who opened with a full dump then no shards to refresh who has no clue how to play warlock
    Pre SB:Haunt, UA then SB:SS on pull is how to do it, actually. That is the proper opener for affliction on singletarget. Follow that up with Doomguard and Dark Soul, then Drain Soul. Now you learned something today.

And since you ask me to link logs, and then find my FIRST raid with lowest ilvl and killtimes before trying to make your point, I'll help you out to get a more subjective view.
    Latest council kill.(clicky) But you've already seen this, you just decided to find the lowest/oldest/worst exampels, to be compared with your highest/most recent. Because fuck fair comparisons, right? 1 minute and 23 seconds faster than your fastest kill. 34k more dps than your highest, with a lot lower item level (736 vs you having 743). But of course I know killtime matters a lot, and I don't try to hide this either, unlike you I'd rather present something as objective as possible.

Yeah I had no clue how to play warlock the first time I entered a raid on it this tier. But atleast I knew how to do a singletarget opener, on a character I had barely played. Thats more than you can say about your main, after playing it for months. Still I have higher logs than you on Iskar, Xhul, Socrethar and Mannoroth, all with lower ilvl than you. Zakuun and Velhari being very close, which wouldn't be the case with same ilvl. I'm not here to claim I'm a top tier warlock, but since you bring it up, logs are favouring me if you want to compare. Only having one lower clear, in heroic gear, doesn't make up for good comparisons on those bosses, with the exception of Council, mentioned in previous paragraph. And out of respect for Wilderness, that will be my last word in this conversation.

What they consider to be a valid reason might not be a valid reason for others. You can't objectively say that wanting to have the perfect kill is a more valid reason than wanting to clear that instances as fast as possible.
    Do you honestly think saving 15 seconds per boss is a worthy argument to deny someone to do their maximum dps? Your fifteen seconds is more important than their fun?

We actually play with 35sec pulltimer usually, and it's very refreshing. No stress, still clear in <2 hours all bosses. Even clearing 10min faster wouldn't make any difference for me, I'd probably use them to jump in garrison anyways.

Deleted
    The thing is, in guilds where these people argue for 10s pulltimer, they stand around in front of the boss and fuck around for several minutes, and suddenly decide "ok, now we pull the boss." and then give 10s pulltimer. Compared to clearing the trash, waiting for 40s CD on ring, resetting the boss and pulltimer.

The upside with long pulltimer, is that the guys who don't give a fuck, can use the first 25 seconds to do the fucking around, swapping people off the platform or into the fire or whatnot, while the others (that give a fuck) know when the pull is happening. They can then do their pre-pull shenanigans and everyone is happy.

Also, hello Tino <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly think saving 15 seconds per boss is a worthy argument to deny someone to do their maximum dps? Your fifteen seconds is more important than their fun?
    The point is that wanting to maximize your dps on boss fights during a farm raid is no more of a valid reason for extending the pull timer than wanting to clear the raid as fast as possible is for keeping the pull timer short.

For me it would depend on what the majority of the raids wants. If the majority of people in the raid wants to clear the raid as fast as possible instead of waiting around before each boss because some people want to maximize their dps during the fight, I would go with not using a 30 seconds pull timer.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-04-22 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    LMAO trying to talk down thinking you're so much better because you are some min/max pro. We're min maxing at clear times then ok? Fully cleared Mythic for a few months now so we don't care if one person does 2k more. Waiting those extra 20 seconds isn't going to save us 20 seconds in kill time, therefore we're maximizing our time better from not having 19 others sit for extra time for that 1 person to do slightly more. How about that

How about in progression when you waste several minutes over the course of the night for a 20+ sec timer when people are dying to mechanics and DPS from one class matters much less when it's encounter fuck ups that's happening. I guess you think pretty high of yourself and really don't consider the bigger picture or others. I've played warlock and warr tank through Mythic and considered both sides. Warlocks don't need the extra shard to waste that time on every pull and 1 shard isn't going to make or break the encounter
    How is being a min/max pro an insult?

Can you not be an idiot? Please.

The point is that wanting to maximize your dps on boss fights during a farm raid is no more of a valid reason for extending the pull timer than wanting to clear the raid as fast as possible is for keeping the pull timer short.
    So yes, your 5 minutes shorter raid is more important than the fun of others. Got it.