Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Super unpopular opinion but I personally believe WoD had too much content on release for what Blizzard had planned, it set a super high bar for what the content patches needed to be. They had no balance what so ever.
    6.1 - Selfie cam, Twitter integration... yes because of the high standarts people were disappointed
    6.2 - More Apexis, some Rep grinds, Tanaan (which was planned at 6.0) and a Raid tier.

If they made "too much" content at the start, they should just have taken some of that content and gave it an update with the other patches. Hell, 6.1 brings another 50 treasures, 5 new Invasions and what not... but NOOOO that would have cost Legion a Raid Tier!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    For you sir, a WoD legacy server! Months to years of endless fun!
    Ohhh I would literally crack open from laughter if they did that just to take a giant piss on the whiners who lost their server..

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    In a way yes, they could at least have spaced out Highmaul and BRF a bit better. Now I know some guilds blast through these things faster than others but we'd only just made it into HC when BRF launched. They could have at least achieved a smaller gap between HFC and Legion if they had delayed both BRF and HFC by a couple of months.
    That's mostly what I mean yeah, just adding an extra 2 months to each of those would have reduced the burn out by SO much. Or hell, adding a small single boss raid such as Obsidian/Ruby Sanctum, or another thing like VoA that had bosses unlock each tier. It just feels like they front loaded WoD way too much without taking into consideration potential downtime. Even if you have super huge plans for everything and want to avoid it, you should never forget that problems arise and things should be handled accordingly.
    Bleh

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that most of you are missing is that WoD was conceptually and initially a GREAT expansion, first two months were totally ecstatic.

The problem was the execution of the following content and the delay on Blackrock Foundry - that's when most people started noticing that WoD has very little to offer in endgame. Leveling is bananas, achievement activites are fun as hell as well, so much to do - but it gets stale very quickly unfortunately.

Legion looks really promising in that department, World Quests have the potential to really turn around the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    WTF are you talking about? You can't do that in heroics. People are still wound up. Impatient assholes are in LFD 24x7. In the first couple of months heroics were intolerable because half of the group had been practicing speedruns for 2 months in the beta, and everyone else was like "so how does this work exactly."

The chill attitude is gone. By and large groups don't run instances for fun any longer.

If you disagree you should lift your blinders.
    That depends on the other people you meet in LFD. Most players want to do the dungeon as fast as possible while you want to get drunk while playing. What do you expect Blizzard could do to fix that? Only you can change it. A possible solution would be for you find some friends to do dungeons with. It's way more fun than LFD anyways. And no, even in WotLK, Cata and MoP LFD was filled with impatient people. Looking for the "chill attitude" in LFD/LFR was never a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Could you provide examples of content that kept people occupied, was not dumbed down and (now here is the killer) actually got universal praise? I am really curious, because when I joined in 2008, people were shitting all over WotLK. So I really wonder when we had this magical, long lasting, fun and difficult ongoing content? Would you count the Onyxia attunement as that? I wouldn't really, because it kinda only kept the handful raisers busy.
    Examples, you say? Well, there is the skygaard and ogri'la content which was added in TBC. It keept a lot of people occupied for quite some time. The isle of Queldanas was also pretty good, for quite a while, since it came in before most people had cleared BT. The isle of Thunder was also pretty praised by most people; the hunt of rares and treasure run still keeps people occupied to some extent.

Vanilla and TBC had long, ongoing content and, yes, i will say that Onyxia attunement and the attunement for Karazhan as content. It was something, which opened up content for people, who wanted to be raiders. Attuments created a middle class of players, which werent raiders, but werent just lvlers or pvpers; they were doing content, which jumped them into being raiders.

Of course, you will have a hard time finding content, which nobody have complained about, but if havent seen the forums light up in red about some content, then most people have proberly been satisfied with the content. Many people hate the Argent Tournament raid, but a lot of people really liked the dailies it brought. It saw a lot of use back in the day of Wrath and still some use to this day.

While i think that Legion can bring some fun content into the game, i know Blizzard can make something that is better then ever before. They have the tech, they have the people. So if you don't think that any content have really been great, then i hopefully blizz will make something better.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Ohhh I would literally crack open from laughter if they did that just to take a giant piss on the whiners who lost their server..

Lol,your comment made my day since the ones Blizzard is actually taking a giant piss on are their paying subscribers.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Examples, you say? Well, there is the skygaard and ogri'la content which was added in TBC. It keept a lot of people occupied for quite some time. The isle of Queldanas was also pretty good, for quite a while, since it came in before most people had cleared BT. The isle of Thunder was also pretty praised by most people; the hunt of rares and treasure run still keeps people occupied to some extent.

Vanilla and TBC had long, ongoing content and, yes, i will say that Onyxia attunement and the attunement for Karazhan as content. It was something, which opened up content for people, who wanted to be raiders. Attuments created a middle class of players, which werent raiders, but werent just lvlers or pvpers; they were doing content, which jumped them into being raiders.

Of course, you will have a hard time finding content, which nobody have complained about, but if havent seen the forums light up in red about some content, then most people have proberly been satisfied with the content. Many people hate the Argent Tournament raid, but a lot of people really liked the dailies it brought. It saw a lot of use back in the day of Wrath and still some use to this day.

While i think that Legion can bring some fun content into the game, i know Blizzard can make something that is better then ever before. They have the tech, they have the people. So if you don't think that any content have really been great, then i hopefully blizz will make something better.
    The Isle of Thunder is one of, if not -the- best addition in this game. It featured a brand new zone, introductionary scenarios, PvE content, PvP content, reputation grinding for legendaries, a World Boss and a freaking huge raid to go with it. In addition to that, a lot of more time-demanding content like rares, quest mobs, and not to mention the treasure-hunt scenario. In terms of amount that is a huge-ass patch.

I can't dare to hope but I have a feeling they are planning something similar with Thal'dranath. Size fits, and it would go a long way to get people back on their side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfenegger View Post
    Lol,your comment made my day since the ones Blizzard is actually taking a giant piss on are their paying subscribers.
    For crying out loud, my lunch was already salty enough.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalmoo View Post
    I totally believe Legion could be the expansion to make WoW truly, naturally fun again.

Thoughts?
    Well, I'm not really looking forward to it but I guess that's because I'm still pretty salty about them removing my spec from the game (and leaving us without any new content for 14 months, again).

Hard to focus on the fun aspects when you already know your char will be less fun to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Isle of Thunder is one of, if not -the- best addition in this game. It featured a brand new zone, introductionary scenarios, PvE content, PvP content, reputation grinding for legendaries, a World Boss and a freaking huge raid to go with it. In addition to that, a lot of more time-demanding content like rares, quest mobs, and not to mention the treasure-hunt scenario. In terms of amount that is a huge-ass patch.

I can't dare to hope but I have a feeling they are planning something similar with Thal'dranath. Size fits, and it would go a long way to get people back on their side.

- - - Updated - - -

For crying out loud, my lunch was already salty enough.
    The Isle of Thunder was indeed a huge content patch. It even brought MoPs golden egg, which was the treasure run; A thing which people will play through for ages to come. Hopefully blizzard can make 1-3 patches like that in Legion.

Isle of thunder was not completly perfect though. It missed something like a new BG or arena. It lacked a source of content, which could survive into the next patch. And its theme was quite bland for such a huge zone, it needed a little variety. But that is really just nipling as small things here, but these small things are what could make me say "WOW!" about a new content patch, if something like this was included
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Isle of Thunder was indeed a huge content patch. It even brought MoPs golden egg, which was the treasure run; A thing which people will play through for ages to come. Hopefully blizzard can make 1-3 patches like that in Legion.

Isle of thunder was not completly perfect though. It missed something like a new BG or arena. It lacked a source of content, which could survive into the next patch. And its theme was quite bland for such a huge zone, it needed a little variety. But that is really just nipling as small things here, but these small things are what could make me say "WOW!" about a new content patch, if something like this was included
    Sidetracking for a sec here: You can still run that treasure run? I had no idea and now I feel like I've missed out big-time..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Super unpopular opinion but I personally believe WoD had too much content on release for what Blizzard had planned, it set a super high bar for what the content patches needed to be. They had no balance what so ever.
    Generally when an opinion is super unpopular it's usually wrong

Seriously though, WoD had hardly any content on release, one raid, a handful of 5mans, no scenarios, and just enough quests to get you to max level with a few left over. Compare that to previous expansions where the were multiple launch raids, loads of 5mans, and so many quests you could still be having fun completing some of them months after launch (and lets not forget that the quest/5man gear was significantly more useful/valuable).

10+ Year Old Account
    I fundamentally disagree, but not in the way you'd think.

Warlords arguably launched with a lot of content, but too much of it was either meaningless, automated or of little interest. Having “content” is fine, but it needs to be rewarding (not to be confused with “gives rewards”) – and the Warlords launch content was anything but rewarding.

Apexis areas with no context. Randomized and capped crafts. Railed levelling experience. Garrison automation. Consumable and linear dungeons.

When you throw in that garrisons weren’t customizable, Ashran was a disaster, LFR was made grossly over-rewarding and people still don’t care about organized raiding in the main… They could have doubled the launch content and players would still have quickly ran out of “things to do”.

Players don’t want things to do. They want meaningful, interactive content with depth. A failure to achieve that will see Legion collapse just as quickly as Warlords did.

I want legion to be fun. Long lasting fun. We (or I) haven't had that in ages with WoW.
    Last time I had some actual fun was during the leveling process in WoD and haven't had any (on that level) since then. Before WoD-leveling the last time I had fun was during Cataclysm prenerf dungeons.
    This is ofcourse talking about stuff outside of raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sidetracking for a sec here: You can still run that treasure run? I had no idea and now I feel like I've missed out big-time..
    Ohh yeah, you can still run it You need the key, of course, but that is really all that is needed to run it. Gives a good amount of gold too, since you can ignore all enemies in there.

If you like content like that, if you already havent tried, try go to Ogrila and play the Demon-gate mini game. Its fun, takes expertise even for veterans and is very fun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Generally when an opinion is super unpopular it's usually wrong

Seriously though, WoD had hardly any content on release, one raid, a handful of 5mans, no scenarios, and just enough quests to get you to max level with a few left over. Compare that to previous expansions where the were multiple launch raids, loads of 5mans, and so many quests you could still be having fun completing some of them months after launch (and lets not forget that the quest/5man gear was significantly more useful/valuable).
    Most expansions only had 1 raid at launch rofl. In fact, WoD just delayed the 2º one which was in the same tier, exactly the same as MoP. Scenarios only released in MoP. "Loads of 5 mans". WoD had better 5 man loot with challenge modes. Blue gear from dungeons hasn't been a thing since TBC rofl. I can't make an opinion on quest content since I extremely dislike it and never done it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I fundamentally disagree, but not in the way you'd think.

Warlords arguably launched with a lot of content, but too much of it was either meaningless, automated or of little interest. Having “content” is fine, but it needs to be rewarding (not to be confused with “gives rewards”) – and the Warlords launch content was anything but rewarding.

Apexis areas with no context. Randomized and capped crafts. Railed levelling experience. Garrison automation. Consumable and linear dungeons.

When you throw in that garrisons weren’t customizable, Ashran was a disaster, LFR was made grossly over-rewarding and people still don’t care about organized raiding in the main… They could have doubled the launch content and players would still have quickly ran out of “things to do”.

Players don’t want things to do. They want meaningful, interactive content with depth. A failure to achieve that will see Legion collapse just as quickly as Warlords did.
    I fully agree.

WoD had many things going for it at launch, it had many things to do and even had a lot of achievements connected to it. The problems was just, that a lot of the content was either gated, like the daily quest areas or it was just plain borin g, like hunting for treasure with the treasure map. This meant that while the content was large, it was consumed extremly fast. Since professions had little use, and since the Garrison provided so many resourses,very few people filled their time with farming. Archeology was totally destroyed in WoD and gave 0 reward.

So much content was actually hid behind gating. I think that the daily quest system would have been more doable, if it werent gated behind 1 scenario a week. Hell, i did not even know if the Spires of Arak daily quest area, was even a playable area before 2½ months into the expansion. A lot of content was put in, but very little was made availible for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Garisson missions, fun fun fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetalmoo View Post
    I feel like Legion might truly be returning to the entire point of WoW that was lost along the way: Having fun.

Crisper bouncier numbers, fun specs, personalized playstyles and equal desire among classes/specs.. The new animations, textures/models, and spell effects breathing new life into the game, and allowing us to cut off the thread that is our perception of what WoW USED to be via the link of old textures and animations we associate with the past.

I totally believe Legion could be the expansion to make WoW truly, naturally fun again.

Thoughts?
    im positive like you,yes,but i feel like the game will still be instanced after the first month and i worry about the 0 sence of it being an MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Most expansions only had 1 raid at launch rofl.
    The Burning Crusade: Karazhan, Gruul’s Lair and Magtheridon’s Lair.
    Wrath of the Lich King: Naxxramas, the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.
    Cataclysm: The Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent and Throne of the Four Winds.
    Mists of Pandaria: Mogu’shan Vaults, the Heart of Fear and the Terrace of Endless Spring.

Warlords of Draenor was the first expansion to launch with less than three raids, even including the stagger that we first saw in Mists (and I generally support). Every other expansion had three raids at its launch, which is what Warlords offered in its entirety.

The problems was just, that a lot of the content was either gated, like the daily quest areas or it was just plain borin g, like hunting for treasure with the treasure map.
    Things like treasures or random quest upgrades into epic were absolutely pointless as soon as you started dungeoneering, which pretty much everyone did because there was no other meaningful PvE content that your character could really interact with. As a result, players were asked:

”Is this content fun?”

Frustrating jump-puzzles or questing for the sake of it simply aren’t fun for lots of people. I love questing, but know lots of players who view it as their route to endgame and not a lot else. Jumping puzzles are a complete waste of time. Achievements used to be something I enjoyed but, for some reason, they’ve lost their lustre. It could be me because I’ve been doing them since Wrath, but I’m more inclined to think that they’re just being phoned in; they seem more grindy since Mists than they used to be, less interesting, and only really there because they have to be.

I think it’s potentially important to recognise the difference between:

“I don’t have anything to do”.

And:

“There’s no content”.

I think they’re used interchangeably by some people, and there’s a subtle difference between them.